jdoug

Regular Guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
I have stock mufflers with the Steeda H-pipe. It's only slightly louder outside the car, inside is practically the same-- no drone or anything.
Sponsored

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
I put in this H-Pipe on my GT. Stock was a little too quiet, but I also did not want anything too loud and no drone was a must. The h-pipe has no drone at all with a nice deep rumble. It really sounds good when you get on it with the slightly increased volume. For the price and sound there is nothing I can complain about. Its better than several catback exhaust systems I have heard that are more than 8x+ the price.

Bill-O

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Ruby Red Premium
I put in this H-Pipe on my GT. Stock was a little too quiet, but I also did not want anything too loud and no drone was a must. The h-pipe has no drone at all with a nice deep rumble. It really sounds good when you get on it with the slightly increased volume. For the price and sound there is nothing I can complain about. Its better than several catback exhaust systems I have heard that are more than 8x+ the price.
Any trouble with the fitment when you installed it? Based on the pics on their website, it looks as though the stainless steel h pipe has a slight bend on one side but the non ss pipe does not?

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Any trouble with the fitment when you installed it? Based on the pics on their website, it looks as though the stainless steel h pipe has a slight bend on one side but the non ss pipe does not?
From the video it does look like the passenger side should've been bent instead of straight. Even they had issues lining up the pipe.
I would look at Heart Throb brand. A bit pricer (like $40) but better made overall.
http://www.americanmuscle.com/heartthrob-h-pipe-2015gt.html

Bill-O

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

GT Nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium
The h pipe should have a slight bend to it, that is for the passenger side.

lightnin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT
The mrt from cj pony parts fit well. My only complaint about it is when I received it it was coated in oil or cutting fluid. But that's no big deal.

sspfox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'90 ssp notch, '16 Gt/pp
The mrt from cj pony parts fit well. My only complaint about it is when I received it it was coated in oil or cutting fluid. But that's no big deal.
Thats used as a corrosion inhibitor. Would you rather it show up rusty since its just aluminized steel? I'd never put less than 409 stainless for the exhaust and prefer 304l. I've learned my lesson with cheap exhausts over the years that turned into rust in short order.

Edit: nevermind, just googled that H pipe and it says 300series stainless so I have no idea either why it would be coated with oil.

lightnin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT
Thats used as a corrosion inhibitor. Would you rather it show up rusty since its just aluminized steel? I'd never put less than 409 stainless for the exhaust and prefer 304l. I've learned my lesson with cheap exhausts over the years that turned into rust in short order.

Edit: nevermind, just googled that H pipe and it says 300series stainless so I have no idea either why it would be coated with oil.

Lol. Now we are on the same page. Just felt oily and gritty. But like I said not really a big deal.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same one (can't beat that price!) and didn't really have much trouble lining it up, just a bit of wiggling. You'll want a good tack weld to keep the mufflers from torquing in the clamps, but I suspect that's the case for most standalone mid pipe replacements.

Sponsored

Bill-O

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Any idea of what the stock exhaust pipes are made of, i.e., stainless or aluminized? TIA

Hurricane

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, '21 330i (Wifemobile)
Heartthrob H-pipe plus Roush axle-backs here. Started with the mufflers, then added the H-pipe four months later. This is a REALLY loud combo at cold start and WOT. Sounds amazing though and everyone who rides in the car loves it. Drive with the windows down for ultimate effect. :thumbsup:

This is just after I started the engine one morning in March: https://www.instagram.com/p/BCsw_D7S5KE/

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
i did a x pipe with stock mufflers, couldnt be happier was going to h but. x is better flow of gases ..has a nice crackle when your between 3 and 4 k shifting.. and no drone at all

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Completely normal ... the stock exhaust has the same exact bends.
Sponsored