Sponsored

Whipple owners Headers or just Cat Back?

What Exhaust are you going with

• Total voters

bigjohns97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 401a M6 RR
Wanted to get a poll up on how people were leaning towards what exhaust options they were choosing when running the Whipple S/C
Sponsored

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
To me on a DD street car long tube headers will be too loud. If your looking for a moderate sound increase without drone leaving the stock suitcase/resonator in and just adding mufflers should get a nice increase in sound that's not too loud. I went with MBRP cat back street system and it got loud and raspy at 3k up under load, at idle its nice. I ended up installing MBRP 16" resonators right after the H crossover which helped tone it down and then ended up cutting out the MBRP mufflers and welding in oval straight through design mufflers from VMS on ebay 5x9x14 SS and it made it even better. Deep low tone at idle and almost 0 rasp now.

Here are the mufflers on Ebay although mine are 3" in outs.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CENTER-OFFS...ILENCER-MAG-/360940500040?hash=item5409baf448

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
im not a whipple but im a pd blower. made 700whp through an auto on stock headers and cats. just a bassani catback. car sounds great and is quiet at idle and doesnt smell like ehxaust all the time.

OP
OP
bigjohns97

bigjohns97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 401a M6 RR
To me on a DD street car long tube headers will be too loud. If your looking for a moderate sound increase without drone leaving the stock suitcase/resonator in and just adding mufflers should get a nice increase in sound that's not too loud. I went with MBRP cat back street system and it got loud and raspy at 3k up under load, at idle its nice. I ended up installing MBRP 16" resonators right after the H crossover which helped tone it down and then ended up cutting out the MBRP mufflers and welding in oval straight through design mufflers from VMS on ebay 5x9x14 SS and it made it even better. Deep low tone at idle and almost 0 rasp now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CENTER-OFFS...ILENCER-MAG-/360940500040?hash=item5409baf448
I did this on my 2011 5.0 (axle back frpp sport) and it sounded perfect but i think i might go stainless works all the way back with catted headers this go around, just not sure if i am really getting anything with the headers you know.

If i didn't do headers then i would probably do the magnaflow street catback.

Sponsored

Phoenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

is there an exhaust clip of your car somewhere using a good quality microphone? (some android phones dont do sound well while ive always recorded with my iphones and gotten great sound quality for some reason)

here is mine. no video just audio. recorded in my hand right above the shifter.

[ame]

Major League Infidel

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
'15 CO GT PP
Heres my setup, ARH catless LTs and Corsa sports.

[ame]

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
is there an exhaust clip of your car somewhere using a good quality microphone? (some android phones dont do sound well while ive always recorded with my iphones and gotten great sound quality for some reason)

here is mine. no video just audio. recorded in my hand right above the shifter.

Christ I hear lots of twin screw whine, you got sound mod going in yours.

Phoenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Christ I hear lots of twin screw whine, you got sound mod going in yours.
no mod required :D just air screaming for mercy.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple

Sponsored

Major League Infidel

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
'15 CO GT PP
Awsome man! That hurt my dam ears coming out of my ipad.
its not bad in the car at all. In my 12 it would drive you nuts but the 15 and up is awesome. I scared the shit outta a buddy of mine on base the other day, I reved at him and he said he nearly pissed himself lol

OP
OP
bigjohns97

bigjohns97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 401a M6 RR
Noticing the catless headers seem to be the most popular out of the gate..

For you guys why did you choose catless, more power?

I am just wondering how much power can really be had by each option.

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
e85 and over 750-775whp you run the risk of melting cats, heck even less than that with a rich e85 tune. Sometimes its not just a choice of sound but a safety factor. A melted cat can be catastrophic.

OP
OP
bigjohns97

bigjohns97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 401a M6 RR
e85 and over 750-775whp you run the risk of melting cats, heck even less than that with a rich e85 tune. Sometimes its not just a choice of sound but a safety factor. A melted cat can be catastrophic.
Good to know, I plan on staying in the low 700's and on 93 (just not enough e85 down here in Texas)

Since the heads and catback systems are a little over 3k how much power gain am I really looking at that, if i don't need headers or 3" catback i might just go pick up an axle back frpp sport like my last ride cause it really did sound perfect.

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
I think both combined should be worth 20-30whp, esp if you modify the connection point of the headers to cat back to be 3" straight through.
Sponsored