Sponsored

Whipple IC Pump Question

CDIZX3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Random question on a 2015 GT with Stage 2 Whipple....

When is the Whipple IC pump supposed to kick on? When I start the car, my IC pump doesn't turn on and I'm nervous there is something wrong. I ran a jumper directly to the pump and it runs fine. Is it like the fans and it doesn't turn on until after a specific RPM?

Thanks
Sponsored

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
If the car is running, the pump should be as well. The pump obviously works as you've tested it with the jumper. Did you test the wiring harness to see if it has power? Recheck all wiring harness connections and fuses.

nicktechla

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nicktwaddell.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro ZL1 Red Hot
If all the connections and fuses are good. maybe you plugged it into the wrong plug. I did that. You could try swapping it to the other one and see if it comes on.

OP
OP

CDIZX3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
That's it! After checking the Whipple install manual again and checking the wire colors, I realized I plugged the harness into the wrong connector. I switched it around an the pump came on when I started the car.

The only thing that makes me worried is that I drove the car the other day for about 2 hours without the pump working. I wasn't driving it hard at all, mostly freeway. I bet my IAT were through the roof. Ugh....at least it didn't kill my motor.

Last edited:

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
It would be hard to kill the engine since the PCM takes timing away, richens up and retards power to a safe level.
Sponsored