Sponsored

Which oil catch can did you use?

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
Why would you want a driver's side separator?

Also, please elaborate on the factual data you are referencing with "best design" and "best quality".

Thanks

-Emt1581[/QUOTET

5.2 voodoo needs a little help on drivers side, so a catch drain back can.

Spend time and find out what is in the cans, I believe it traps more oil and water, UPR Makes oil traps for all sizes of motors.

Quality hoses and connectors, not just plastic but braided hoses, also the check valve and pcv delete to reduce crankcase pressure.

Way better than Fords, lot easier to drain, one knob two quick disconnect hoses and the whole unit in your hand to drain and flush. Cost about the same two ford units.

So check out the cans baffle systems and see yourself
Sponsored

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
5.2 voodoo needs a little help on drivers side, so a catch drain back can.

Spend time and find out what is in the cans, I believe it traps more oil and water, UPR Makes oil traps for all sizes of motors.

Quality hoses and connectors, not just plastic but braided hoses, also the check valve and pcv delete to reduce crankcase pressure.

Way better than Fords, lot easier to drain, one knob two quick disconnect hoses and the whole unit in your hand to drain and flush. Cost about the same two ford units.

So check out the cans baffle systems and see yourself
I saw the vid on the JLT site directly comparing the JLT to the UPR. Now could JLT have played with the results, sure. But I don't think they'd be in business long if they did because people test it themselves and would have called BS.

Now I can't speak for the Voodoo engine because it's a different animal. But in the Coyote, the fluid level was actually almost the same. However, the JLT had mostly oil while the UPR held mostly water.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]-ROGViO2tc4[/MEDIA]"]

-Emt1581

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
I saw the vid on the JLT site directly comparing the JLT to the UPR. Now could JLT have played with the results, sure. But I don't think they'd be in business long if they did because people test it themselves and would have called BS.

Now I can't speak for the Voodoo engine because it's a different animal. But in the Coyote, the fluid level was actually almost the same. However, the JLT had mostly oil while the UPR held mostly water.

-Emt1581
Don't believe in everything you see on the internet.
During the "UPR unboxing" part of the video, he unboxed a small can about the size of his palm. It doubled in size and had ridges on the lower part of the can during the comparison.:confused:

I am very happy with my upr catch can, quality is top notch, upr customer service is outstanding before and after the sale. UPR will stands behind their product 100%, which is why I will be picking up a second upr catch can.:thumbsup:

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
UPR

I've used UPR 4 stage cans in two of my ponies now and haven't looked back! Here's a good pic of the 4 stage filters! Boom!
tn_20160927_085627.jpg

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
Don't believe in everything you see on the internet.
During the "UPR unboxing" part of the video, he unboxed a small can about the size of his palm. It doubled in size and had ridges on the lower part of the can during the comparison.:confused:
Yeah I see that. While the "ridges" is debatable because it could just be tape due to the potato used...it's clearly a larger can attached compared to the one pulled out of the UPS envelope.

Vinny...what's going on there??

Thanks

-Emt1581

Sponsored

Vinny@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yeah I see that. While the "ridges" is debatable because it could just be tape due to the potato used...it's clearly a larger can attached compared to the one pulled out of the UPS envelope.

Vinny...what's going on there??

Thanks

-Emt1581
Both were the same brand setups, they had two different length bases at the time, not sure if they still offer that. There's 3 total videos of 3 different car's with similar testing we did over a few months of daily driving testing.

2 S550 GT's
1 2013 GT

I'd welcome anyone else to do the same test.

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
put in the ford racing catch "can". Easiest catch can there is to install i'd imagine. No Bolt, no tools needed and it fits perfect.
Sponsored