Sponsored

Which is your favorite 2015 wheel

If you had the ability to pick 1 set of wheels on any model/combo 2015, which is it?

• Sparkle Silver Painted 17"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Machine Foundry 18"

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Magnetic Gloss 18"

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • GT Premium Painted 19"

Votes: 11 10.2%
  • 50th appearance/50th LE wheels 19"

Votes: 22 20.4%
  • Ecoboost PP 19" (black)

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • Bright Machine Aluminum 20"

Votes: 28 25.9%
  • Wheel & Stripe Pack 19"

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • GT PP 19" (black)

Votes: 30 27.8%

• Total voters

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
This poll was about wheels only, and I voted for the 20s which are just gorgeous and look great on the car.

That said, I don't want summer tires, and 35-series is pretty low-profile for my taste. Tires should be more than rim-protectors.

So I ordered my second-favorite, the 18" Foundry wheels. Not all black, thank goodness, but a strong five-spoke design that has a little Torque-Thrust in it. I like it at least $155 more than I like the base GT wheels.

Fastback15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard GT Premium
Are there any (real) pictures of the optional 19" premium painted wheels actually on a GT? Really want the performance pack tires, but getting an auto since in the DC area (plus would rather have all seasons). Considering the 20" as well, however they are summer only and terrified of driving around the pothole wasteland that is DC.

stretch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F150
20" bright machined !!! makes this car look sleek and sporty and it fills up the wheel well gaps nicely.

I think the 18" wheels look way to small on this car for some reason.
The diameters of the tires that come with all the various wheel choices are the same, give or take a few tenths.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Are there any (real) pictures of the optional 19" premium painted wheels actually on a GT? Really want the performance pack tires, but getting an auto since in the DC area (plus would rather have all seasons). Considering the 20" as well, however they are summer only and terrified of driving around the pothole wasteland that is DC.
I think that the DIB thread at least has the picture that you are looking for:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php/deep-impact-blue-1336p13.html

Post 220 mid way down the page. Considering these as well, but may go with Foundry just due to tire cost, and lack of value for the $900 (xplan price).

Chris

Sponsored

WOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gokart
Voted for, I thought the 50th appearance/50th LE wheels 19" came in a 19x9.5?

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Voted for, I thought the 50th appearance/50th LE wheels 19" came in a 19x9.5?
Only the LE wheels.

The 50th AP are smaller

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
LE wheels for me. I had actually decided already to put fr500's on it before the LE debuted and before I got my chance to get one. So worked out for me.

Just please let the black mesh wheels fade into history lol. Sorry just my opinion. Bullets are done also as far as I'm concerned. Was glad to see those no longer a factory option.

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
Here a quick question: between the 18'' machined foundry wheels and the 18'' magnetic gloss wheels, which are considered "better" by most? Like which is lighter, stronger, etc.?

Sponsored

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Here a quick question: between the 18'' machined foundry wheels and the 18'' magnetic gloss wheels, which are considered "better" by most? Like which is lighter, stronger, etc.?
Obviously none of us have engineering data. Both are OEM cast wheels, so not very light, probably not significantly different. Both are built to the same factory strength specifications. That leave which one to you like better for your car? I have already voted. Once I decided to stay with 18-inch all-seasons, I decided I like the foundry for a couple of reasons. One, it's a strong five-spoke design reminiscent of the Torq-Thrusts, and I just like that. Two, it's optional and so will be seen a little less frequently than the base wheels. All good in my book.

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
Obviously none of us have engineering data. Both are OEM cast wheels, so not very light, probably not significantly different. Both are built to the same factory strength specifications. That leave which one to you like better for your car? I have already voted. Once I decided to stay with 18-inch all-seasons, I decided I like the foundry for a couple of reasons. One, it's a strong five-spoke design reminiscent of the Torq-Thrusts, and I just like that. Two, it's optional and so will be seen a little less frequently than the base wheels. All good in my book.
Thanks.