Sponsored

Which is your favorite 2015 wheel

If you had the ability to pick 1 set of wheels on any model/combo 2015, which is it?

• Sparkle Silver Painted 17"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Machine Foundry 18"

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Magnetic Gloss 18"

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • GT Premium Painted 19"

Votes: 11 10.2%
  • 50th appearance/50th LE wheels 19"

Votes: 22 20.4%
  • Ecoboost PP 19" (black)

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • Bright Machine Aluminum 20"

Votes: 28 25.9%
  • Wheel & Stripe Pack 19"

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • GT PP 19" (black)

Votes: 30 27.8%

• Total voters

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
For the purpose of this poll, let's count the 50th Appearance wheels and the 50th LE wheels as the same, I know there are minor differences.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
Like: I like the 50th wheels, they look really sharp in all the photos I've seen, especially on the darker colors like Kona Blue and Ruby Red. That's my vote for the winner. Also like the Bright Machined 20s and the Ecoboost PP (is this wheel black or gun metal?) wish it was a lighter color as I don't care for black as has been stated ad nauseam but the design is killer.

Meh: Machined Foundry and GT Premium. Not bad, not amazing. Wouldn't pay extra and would probably choose another model from my likes if the price was right over these 2.

Don't like: sparkle silver painted 17s look like fleet model wheels, just small and cheap looking compared to the rest. Magnetic gloss 18s, something about the design bothers me. Wheel & Stripe package.....yikes! GT PP needs more contrast the all black design and multi spoke design doesn't look good to me in most lighting.

Nitro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
For me it is the black GT PP wheel followed closely by the 20" and then the standard GT wheel in 3rd. If the 20" came in satin black it would probably be my favorite.

Sal JC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost PP 19" (dk gray) would be my favorite but I guess they don't exist :shrug:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
20" bright machined....

Until I can get a set of these :cool:

Sponsored

FiveLiterDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
machined foundry 18s remind me of the bullit wheels I hope they're darker anyone have some good pics of these wheels possibly on a Guard Mustang?

Sal JC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For some reason the Magnetic Gloss 18's remind me of the Turbine wheels.. just spaced different

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
20" bright machined !!! makes this car look sleek and sporty and it fills up the wheel well gaps nicely.

I think the 18" wheels look way to small on this car for some reason.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I'm fine with the 50th Anniversary wheels, but it bugs me that there's no true chrome option. The way the chromes sparkle on my current Mustang after I get it washed makes me smile.

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
Is it too soon to ask if any of the other wheel options (aside from the PP wheels) will fit over the 6-piston Brembo calipers? Obviously, the LE wheels do, but I mean the other standard offerings. I'm curious if the 19" or 20" options would accommodate adding the PP brakes later on.

Sponsored

SuperSnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
20" won't be too big? If the GT PP comes with 19", is that the optimal size for performance? Are 20" wheels just for appearances?

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
The optimal size for performance is the smallest ones that fit over the brakes. Wheel weight tends to grow exponentially with size. That weight is unsprung and rotating, so it has the double whammy of impacting motion of the suspension and accel/deceleration. Lighter is better for performance.

In this case, the PP 19" wheels are the smallest ones that Ford could wrap around the 6-piston calipers. Anything bigger is excessive, from a performance point of view.

Sal JC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The optimal size for performance is the smallest ones that fit over the brakes. Wheel weight tends to grow exponentially with size. That weight is unsprung and rotating, so it has the double whammy of impacting motion of the suspension and accel/deceleration. Lighter is better for performance.

In this case, the PP 19" wheels are the smallest ones that Ford could wrap around the 6-piston calipers. Anything bigger is excessive, from a performance point of view.
^ This

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The stock wheel choices are mediocre to me. I'm a fan of the 19" mesh wheels, gloss black and all, only because I'm weak in the knees for mesh style in general. Needs more concavity and a more open face, even if it messes with the offsets.

My problem with most of the wheels is that awkward concave step they have in the middle f the spokes - most obvious on the magnetic gloss 18"ers.

DMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bet.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
#1 = 20's
#2 = 19" Wheel & stripe package
#3 = 19" GT Premiums
#4 = 18" Foundry
#5 = 19" 50 yrs pack

Still probably go aftermarket wheels & be different!
Sponsored