Which engine for 2015 Mustang?

• Thread starter CoyoteMan
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0

gjindaci

Threads
Reaction score
2015 FORD MUSTANG

2015 Mustang could even feature 10-speed automatic transmission in the future. IS THAT TRUE ?!!!! I have read this., here is the link http://www.associatednews.com/technology/automobiles/2015-ford-mustang/4138
That is possible to do but, It is not logical
will be a short gear
First gear = 50
Seound gear = 90
Third gear = 130
Fourth gear = 170
fifth gear = 210
sixth gear = 250
seventh gea = 290
.....and three more gears are made to fly
Sponsored

dustyaman

Threads
Reaction score
As far as I know yes . Ford and chevy will both have this tranny together. They both went into together in the technology. So very possible. Considering ford has been secretive on anything performance wise its very possible. But im thinking they will put it in the 2016. Fords known to change drivetrain. Year after bew model comes out.just like the current model mustang. They came with a new body and kept the 4.6 in and boom 1 year later 5.0 was announced. So it could be 2015 or 16

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
I for one am looking forward to the possibility of a 4 cylinder turbo.

I have a V8 now (albeit an old 4.6, with a few bolt-ons) and love the car to death, but the gas mileage and fill-ups are getting a bit tedious with gas over 4 bucks a gallon here in Chicago during summer when all the EPA summer blends come out.

I realize the newer V8s are more technologically advanced with better efficiency, but in many daily driving scenarios (50+ percent city driving) the gas mileage is still going to be poor.

I'm very happy with my current Mustang's performance, so if I get a turbo with 350 hp and good gas mileage that would be great. And I never really cared for V6 models.

The turbo 4 also has greater mod potential than a NA V6. Ford's European tuner Mountune is opening up operations here in the US with Ford approved kits for the Focus and Fiesta STs, so it's conceivable a 4 cylinder Mustang could get similar treatment.

Then there's price. Don't know if I could stomach paying 40K for a new GT. I hate having a big car payment, and if I could get a well equipped turbo 4 for 10K less with great performance, that's definitely a consideration.

S550Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350; 2018 Focus RS
Don't count on 350... that's awfully highly tuned for what is supposed to be (and need's to be for Obama 54.5 CAFE) a fuel economy engine. How would you feel it if were only 270, or 300?
And don't think that Mountune has or is going to have any more special relationship in this country with Ford than others. Cobb Tuning for example has already done some excellent work with the EcoBoost 2 liter and they are far better established internationally (outside of Europe) and in this country than is Mountune. They don't have the historical relationship with Ford of Britain that Mountune does, but they do have a longer and deeper history with the electronics side of tuning. And that's what matters these days.

Sponsored

KingofQueens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
If the next gen is world class, im going to "go big or go home" and get the top of the line. Will save up and make no compromise. (Hopefully my finances will be able to)

And keep it as long as i can.

dustyaman

Threads
Reaction score
The 2.3 in the rs is 300 hp And thats acouple years old. If Mercedes can get 355 hp out of a 2.0 liter. Im pretty sure ford can get 350 out of a revised 2.3 liter. Plus insurance will be the cheapest. Cause when I had the srt4 neon it was extremely cheap. Cause it just showed 4cyl neon.

S550Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350; 2018 Focus RS
You missed the point... sure anything is possible, but that's not the mission of this engine. It's mission is to support the CAFE average. That means it won't get 350 HP.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
2015 Mustang could even feature 10-speed automatic transmission in the future. IS THAT TRUE ?!!!! I have read this., here is the link http://www.associatednews.com/technology/automobiles/2015-ford-mustang/4138
That is possible to do but, It is not logical
will be a short gear
First gear = 50
Seound gear = 90
Third gear = 130
Fourth gear = 170
fifth gear = 210
sixth gear = 250
seventh gea = 290
.....and three more gears are made to fly
Gearing to produce those speeds doesn't make sense for an automatic designed to improve fuel economy over the vast majority of driving. Off the top of my head, something more like 5 gears over your zero to 130 range and squeezing four steps into the 130 to 210 range rather than three (or if you prefer, 5 steps into the 130 to 250 instead of 4). That'll keep the engine running in a tighter rev band, which you can then target a little more closely for fuel usage.

Norm

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
Don't count on 350... that's awfully highly tuned for what is supposed to be (and need's to be for Obama 54.5 CAFE) a fuel economy engine. How would you feel it if were only 270, or 300?
And don't think that Mountune has or is going to have any more special relationship in this country with Ford than others. Cobb Tuning for example has already done some excellent work with the EcoBoost 2 liter and they are far better established internationally (outside of Europe) and in this country than is Mountune. They don't have the historical relationship with Ford of Britain that Mountune does, but they do have a longer and deeper history with the electronics side of tuning. And that's what matters these days.

Yeah, you're probably right. Just going off what the rumors have been, which is, admittedly, probably not a good idea.

300 might be tempting, depending on the weight and complete performance numbers including torque figures. Still, turbos in the Ecoboost family seem to be responding well to relatively minor mods. Livernois is getting big increases out of the 2.0 EB with just tunes and CAIs. I was looking at a Fusion 2.0 and then getting their tune. Would be a nice daily driver.

270 would be a no-go, and that would mean it would be the base motor underneath the V6 I would assume. In that case, I would pass.

I didn't mean to suggest Mountune was the only game in town, just threw them out there as an example. I have heard of Cobb.

Sponsored

dustyaman

Threads
Reaction score
The turbo4 is mid mustang the base will be a v6 which im pretty sure that motor will have more hp. So who would be stupid enough to get a more expensive mustang with less power. Cafe standards dont mean anything with the mustang. Its based on the who fleet of ford cars. So if ford makes a couple hybrids in its lineup that get 50+ mpg and the v6 and turbo 4 get a highway mpg of around 30 then it should be fine. Plus the cafe standard isnt till like 2020. By then there will be the 10speed auto. If you guys are so worried about cafe standard. Then you might as well say bye bye to the v8s.

lil=john

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ford ranger
Ahhh. My choice would be like the truck line up. Base v6 or I4 ecoboost/5.0.
V6 Ecoboost and a short deck aluminum 6.2 based for a Mach1? Shelby? Something, to compete with the general.

T-5 killer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Cobra
The turbo4 is mid mustang the base will be a v6 which im pretty sure that motor will have more hp. So who would be stupid enough to get a more expensive mustang with less power.
Wasn't that the way it was with the SVO vs GT. Different buyers may not go for just the higher HP car.

dustyaman

Threads
Reaction score
Im sure people are still scared of the word turbo and reliability in the same sentence. But for me I just cant think of getting a v6. The turbo 4 I like just because of how easily it can be tuned and the aftermarket will go nuts over it more then the v6. The 5.0 is a great motor dont get me wring. But every one has one. The turbo 4 will be a more rare of a car and I like that. Dare to be different I guess. Im just like that. Im not looking for a 11sec car. Give me something that I coukd do my own mods and run consistent 12s and I will be happy. And have a amazing balance on the roads. With be the lightest wieght of the 3 models.

Herr_Poopschitz

Nullius in verba
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
Don't count on 350... that's awfully highly tuned for what is supposed to be (and need's to be for Obama 54.5 CAFE) a fuel economy engine.
I'm curious what hp at WOT has to do w/ fuel mileage standards that are determined by everything BUT wide open throttle. Please enlighten us...

Maybe you missed the memo on the built for towing/torque 365 hp v6 (modded to ~500 w/ tune and bolt ons...just wait til you see what bigger turbos and fuel systems bring us...) in the F150s?:shrug:
Sponsored