79.85.86.88 Pontiac Transam, 2011 SV6

FA66ST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Those of you who made the Tamesis, what dates did your's arrive at the docks? Mine arrived on the 21st. Might give some idea of how much adding the stripes has put mine behind the rest of you. Cheers for your cars making it. :clap2:
Mine was built on the 9th but don't know how to tell when it actually arrived at the docks.??. It also has stripes... Still waiting for a ship ??

w0rt3x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT Fastback Manual Ruby Red

TeamDenno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT V8 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
My current car (a Hyundai) was built 7 weeks before I bought it, but it was already in the showroom a week before I bought it anyway. Now, Korea is a bit closer than the US, but not by much. According to Google, it's 8400km straight line from Korea to Melbourne, whereas Detroit to Melb is 10000km (20% further). Yet this explains a wait of twice as long?
Not entirely sure where you are getting those numbers from, but Great Circle Mapper has Detroit at nearly double the distance.

Seoul is around 8500kms, Detroit is around 15900kms.(and Baltimore the shipping point is 16k+)

Seoul also is a direct shipping route. The US cars I presume come via the Panama Canal.

OP
OP

MisterZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT coupe, race red, 6AT
Not entirely sure where you are getting those numbers from, but Great Circle Mapper has Detroit at nearly double the distance.

Seoul is around 8500kms, Detroit is around 15900kms.(and Baltimore the shipping point is 16k+)

Seoul also is a direct shipping route. The US cars I presume come via the Panama Canal.
Sorry, my fault for relying on Google. For some reason, Google gave me the first distance in metric and the second one in imperial. It was 10,000 miles to Detroit, not km!!

Sponsored

Maaaark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2016 Mustang GT Fastback Manual
I ordered late Decmber 2015, looks like it's landing 22nd of November. Woohoo! :headbang:
zzz.jpg

Sponsored

Maaaark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2016 Mustang GT Fastback Manual
You're just moving to Adelaide because you didn't want to wait the extra 3 days for the ship to get the Perth right? :D
Haha yep! :lol:

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
My January ordered car is 'in production' this week.

SteamPlane

Car, beer & whisky nerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White GT Convertible

Daffy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 5.0L manual GT fastback.
My January ordered car is 'in production' this week.
Certainly impossible to follow how it all works. I ordered on the 18th Feb, car was made on the 5th October and is now at the docks waiting to be shipped!!!!!!! Yours will be completely made in 3 days. All the best with it - keep in touch. I'll let you know when I get a ship.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ange
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP, Magnetic Grey
Certainly impossible to follow how it all works. I ordered on the 18th Feb, car was made on the 5th October and is now at the docks waiting to be shipped!!!!!!! Yours will be completely made in 3 days. All the best with it - keep in touch. I'll let you know when I get a ship.
Mine took 3 weeks to get to docks then a further 4 weeks to get loaded onto ship.:tsk:
Hopefully yours gets on the next boat:hail:
Sponsored