Sponsored

When is the "embargo" lifted and when will "real people" deliveries start?

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
Vaughn Gittin Jr. stated this morning after getting the honor of hot lapping the GT500 at Road Atlanta that "it is seriously a supercar inside of a Mustang body!!".

I think the naysayers are going to be shocked and ultimately silenced by the actual performance of this car.
Sponsored

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
Mike: That may be true among the non Shelby enthusiasts but I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that it IS true about the vast majorty of people in this particular Forum. Your opinion is CLEARLY in the minority.

Maybe it's time to switch brands?
As to your last sentence...my '18 GT isn't going anywhere soon. But my next DD new car won't be bought from Ford...that's for sure.

mdmoore23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
Just once it would be nice to see you post something positive about the GT500 instead of coming on here with your continual negative comments.

Take a look at your most recent post suggesting that the performance numbers of the GT500 will not live up to expectations, talking about car guys calling out various models or performance numbers and you being weary about Ford's quality in recent years.

Based on all of your constant negative comments, being a present ZL1 owner and doubting/questioning GT500 performance numbers without even giving the GT500 its day in court and you wonder why you continue to take heat on this forum?

You and I have spent some time together and I consider you an intelligent individual but suggest that you need to lighten up on your attitude after which time I suggest that your time on this forum will be much more positive for you.

:)
Harry come on man. Are you totally overlooking the posts that I respond to? I actually have gone back and looked at my post history before and I suggest you do the same. All my "negative" posts (in your opinion) are only in response to the initial negative posts from forum members whom you seem to overlook for some reason. Take this one you're referencing for example. I haven't made a single comment on this thread until jcartwright734 made his ZL1 comment. And I've already expressed interest in the GT500. Whether it can beat a ZL1 or not is yet to be seen, so me stating that is true. Also, it's no breaking news to anyone on this forum that Ford has had quality issues as of late and definitely across the S550 specifically. My Ford ties may not be as strong as yours, but I gave the company a decade of my time as a worker and customer. And being a person I've talked to and respect, I wish you could see that my objectiveness doesn't equate to bias, hate, or trolling.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
As to your last sentence...my '18 GT isn't going anywhere soon. But my next DD new car won't be bought from Ford...that's for sure.
Sounds like your using your time wisely by speaking negatively whilst being in the specific forum of a car you self admittedly have 0 interest in buying.. Its almost as if their is a term for such people

Harry come on man. Are you totally overlooking the posts that I respond to? I actually have gone back and looked at my post history before and I suggest you do the same. All my "negative" posts (in your opinion) are only in response to the initial negative posts from forum members whom you seem to overlook for some reason. Take this one you're referencing for example. I haven't made a single comment on this thread until jcartwright734 made his ZL1 comment. And I've already expressed interest in the GT500. Whether it can beat a ZL1 or not is yet to be seen, so me stating that is true. Also, it's no breaking news to anyone on this forum that Ford has had quality issues as of late and definitely across the S550 specifically. My Ford ties may not be as strong as yours, but I gave the company a decade of my time as a worker and customer. And being a person I've talked to and respect, I wish you could see that my objectiveness doesn't equate to bias, hate, or trolling.
hp, 1/4 mile, gratton raceway.. 1LE beat the 500 in any of those 3 area's? or asked in another way; do you think the 1LE is faster than the C8 ( which is subpaar to the GT500 ) in those 3? no.. ok.

Sponsored

loubif

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
2016 SG FoRS, Forged, Moonroof
if you think its got 550hp, you dont know performance
Never said that the C8 Dyno numbers were accurate, just saying that the C8 has been in the hands of enthusiasts and has even been strapped to a dyno yet GT500 "Embargo" is still in place...SMH!!!

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Never said that the C8 Dyno numbers were accurate, just saying that the C8 has been in the hands of enthusiasts and has even been strapped to a dyno yet GT500 "Embargo" is still in place...SMH!!!
And did it provide any useable or valuable data?

mdmoore23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
Aaaaaand the review doesnt even have to drop for it to begin.. or should I say continue..

A reminder, as always, magazine reviews are not worth the paper they are ( were) printed on. What matters is what happens when customers get their cars. Even the data i get this weekend from the track tour should be taken with a grain of salt, as they could just as easily be ringer cars like GM does * 550rwhp but 121mph trap speeds lololol. nice try GM
Sounds like your using your time wisely by speaking negatively whilst being in the specific forum of a car you self admittedly have 0 interest in buying.. Its almost as if their is a term for such people

hp, 1/4 mile, gratton raceway.. 1LE beat the 500 in any of those 3 area's? or asked in another way; do you think the 1LE is faster than the C8 ( which is subpaar to the GT500 ) in those 3? no.. ok.
I'm quietly going to wait on the data and real world testing. The car will be great I'm sure, whether it beats a ZL1 or not, I just can't get why some on this forum blatantly confuse objective questioning with trolling or hate. You have some of the most unnecessarily antagonistic posts on this forum. Take a chill pill. There's more than one seat at the table.

loubif

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
2016 SG FoRS, Forged, Moonroof
And did it provide any useable or valuable data?
NON. My point is that the C8 is in the hands of people who may potentially provide "useable or valuable data" well before any "useable or valuable data" will be available for the 500 and THAT to me is frustrating.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I'm quietly going to wait on the data and real world testing. The car will be great I'm sure, whether it beats a ZL1 or not, I just can't get why some on this forum blatantly confuse objective questioning with trolling or hate. You have some of the most unnecessarily antagonistic posts on this forum. Take a chill pill. There's more than one seat at the table.
How long will i last on camaroG6, LSforums, or hellcat forums spouting that the GT500 decimates the 1LE, hellcat and C8, while being a GT500 owner and spouting I have 0 interest in buying any of the competing brands?

unnecessary antagonizing, while on the board meant for the car i am buying? again, shifting goalposts.. debate the specs, # for # and stat for stat, sure. saying how you dont see it 1 way or the other, AFTER seeing the #s, theres a term for that, 1 would say inexperience in performance, the other lives under bridges

WHy should we be held to a higher standard and tolerate it, when its not reciprocal? Because we want to be held to a higher standard? I could equate such things to recent political happenings, and the subsequent losses equated with "tolerating" invasion..

Sponsored

Boss2013

Threads
Reaction score
After all this time it had better blow the Zl1 away, though the numbers don't really indicate such. If not, it will rightfully deserve to be called out on it. That's what car guys do. As a ZL1 owner, I'll probably be looking to get one at some point, despite being labeled a troll here over and over. I won't be the first in line this go around though. Ford's quality over the last few years has me weary.
Weary or wary? Or maybe both?

mdmoore23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
How long will i last on camaroG6, LSforums, or hellcat forums spouting that the GT500 decimates the 1LE, hellcat and C8, while being a GT500 owner and spouting I have 0 interest in buying any of the competing brands?

unnecessary antagonizing, while on the board meant for the car i am buying? again, shifting goalposts.. debate the specs, # for # and stat for stat, sure. saying how you dont see it 1 way or the other, AFTER seeing the #s, theres a term for that, 1 would say inexperience in performance, the other lives under bridges

WHy should we be held to a higher standard and tolerate it, when its not reciprocal? Because we want to be held to a higher standard? I could equate such things to recent political happenings, and the subsequent losses equated with "tolerating" invasion..
Whatever man. You're obviously a talker, not a listener. You make of people's posts what you want, completely disregarding substance of said posts. Nonetheless, I look forward to the forthcoming info on the GT500.