Sponsored

Wheel Wednesday

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Cleaning and Clean Wheels................... let's see em!

To start off, my favorite wheels to clean, these 19-inch items on my XR8. A lovely open wheel design that are so simple to clean, without looking plain.

IMG-6469.jpg

In this case, tires scrubbed with P&S Undressed, wheels and wheel arches cleaned with Adam's Car Shampoo from my foam cannon, followed by a top up of Gyeon Wet Coat. Tires finished with OG Tire Dressing.....................

IMG-6488.jpg

IMG-2880.jpg
Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
No surprise, I enjoy dressing tires as well, D..the scrubbing not so much. :-) So, your goto is OG's product which I have never used but I see that it leaves quite a sheen. Me, I prefer the satin finish of Perl or even Wolfgang's but then, you knew that. <smiling>

Sleep well, amigo.

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
No surprise, I enjoy dressing tires as well, D..the scrubbing not so much. :-) So, your goto is OG's product which I have never used but I see that it leaves quite a sheen. Me, I prefer the satin finish of Perl or even Wolfgang's but then, you knew that. <smiling>

Sleep well, amigo.
OG Tire is one of my favorites. It can be glossy, but if you follow with a wipe after 15 minutes you will get that satin finish.

It would be hard to notice a difference between Perl and OG when both are used neat. However, as you know, diluting Perl knocks back the gloss. Not sure if OG is dilutable though.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
Here is a shot of mine after a bath, the wheels are ceramic coated so simply Carpro Reset in the foam cannon and a Flat microfiber wheel tool. Tires were treated with Carpro Darkside about a month ago and have simply been wiped down with the wheel mit the last few washes. They still have a simple dark appearance and look perfect in my opinion as I really dislike shiny tires.

IMG_0643.jpeg

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Wheels are ceramic coated with GTechniq C5 Wheel and tires dressed with Carpro Perl (not diluted)

IMG_1448.jpeg

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I bought some chemical guys VRP and now I'm addicted to scrubbing my tires clean

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
After putting C5 wheel armor on before putting them on the car for the first time. I did the barrels too.

6B936530-7C5B-4B3C-A8F1-12AD58C838D8_1_105_c.jpeg

It's holding up really well. Totally worth it.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I have 3 gallons of VRP that I am trying to use all of. I really dislike the scrubbing part :)

I bought some chemical guys VRP and now I'm addicted to scrubbing my tires clean

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Wheel Wednesday....................

I present you with the easiest wheel design to clean, these 16-inch steel wheels on my Ranger. Go on, admit it, you want a set of these too! :giggle:

IMG-5615.jpg

IMG-7289.jpg

IMG-3530.jpg

IMG-1775.jpg

IMG-1777.jpg

IMG-3559.jpg

In this case, P&S Brake Buster (undiluted) for the wheels and tires, agitated with a Detail Factory Tire Scrub Brush and a TRC Ultra Utility Brush, tires dressed with Koch Chemie PSS.

I also use Gyeon Wet Coat on these wheels every second or third wash.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
Wheel Wednesday....................

I present you with the easiest wheel design to clean, these 16-inch steel wheels on my Ranger. Go on, admit it, you want a set of these too! :giggle:

IMG-5615.jpg

IMG-7289.jpg

IMG-3530.jpg

IMG-1775.jpg

IMG-1777.jpg

IMG-3559.jpg

In this case, P&S Brake Buster (undiluted) for the wheels and tires, agitated with a Detail Factory Tire Scrub Brush and a TRC Ultra Utility Brush, tires dressed with Koch Chemie PSS.

I also use Gyeon Wet Coat on these wheels every second or third wash.
Man there are days I miss the simplicity of steel wheels :) and those actually look good on the Ranger. I have yet to get any PSS, it's on my wish list. I still rely on Perl and most recently Darkside. I only dress mine every month or so with Darkside, Darkside keeps mine pretty dark for quite a while even after a weekly wash, just a little soap in the bucket cleans them up pretty good for a few weeks. Of course my Mustang only goes out on the weekends. I also got some Wet Coat this past week, gotta try that soon, i've heard good things about it. My go to so far is Carpro Hydro2, it is a lot cheaper, concentrate and works pretty well.

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Man there are days I miss the simplicity of steel wheels :) and those actually look good on the Ranger. I have yet to get any PSS, it's on my wish list. I still rely on Perl and most recently Darkside. I only dress mine every month or so with Darkside, Darkside keeps mine pretty dark for quite a while even after a weekly wash, just a little soap in the bucket cleans them up pretty good for a few weeks. Of course my Mustang only goes out on the weekends. I also got some Wet Coat this past week, gotta try that soon, i've heard good things about it. My go to so far is Carpro Hydro2, it is a lot cheaper, concentrate and works pretty well.
In pre-mixed form, Hydr02 Lite or Wet Coat, both are virtually the same product.

I like PSS, but Perl works better on Michelin's.