Wheel Spacer 101 Please

Pa-fatboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium; 1966 Mustang, 1996 Dodge Ram 1500
This may already be here, I apologize in advance. I never thought about getting wheel spacers until I saw the pics people are posting. At first, I was like, eh?

Now, I'm looking hard at my car as I walk to it after work in the parking lot. The wheels are really tucked in. It looks unbalanced. Damn you wheel spacer jocks!

1. If you are setting your car up for handling, would you still put in wheel spacers?

2. Is there a calculation from wheel/tire size to wheel spacer size. 25mm seems the norm.

3. I read a post about how good one manufacturers spacers were, they didn't cause a wobble at high speed. What?!? If it creates a vibration, why do it if it's just about good looks.

4. Best vendor to look at?

5. Anything I should be asking about and I'm not?
Sponsored

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
This may already be here, I apologize in advance. I never thought about getting wheel spacers until I saw the pics people are posting. At first, I was like, eh?

Now, I'm looking hard at my car as I walk to it after work in the parking lot. The wheels are really tucked in. It looks unbalanced. Damn you wheel spacer jocks!

1. If you are setting your car up for handling, would you still put in wheel spacers?

5. Anything I should be asking about and I'm not?
1 - no
5 - why not fit wider wheels and tires that will improved the performance AND looks?

OP
OP
Pa-fatboy

Pa-fatboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium; 1966 Mustang, 1996 Dodge Ram 1500
I like that thought. I go like my OEM wheels. I think they look great on the car. The idea of putting wider tires is great. Then I can see what kind of adjustment is needed. I'm sure there is a way to measure properly. I'll search for it as to not upset the long timers. ;)
Sponsored