• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
What's worse, finding a 1 1/2 roofing nail buried in your tire or discovering that even more major components of the mustang are farmed out to communist dictatorships?
WP_20150530_10_55_42_Pro.jpg
Sponsored

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
I like Norinco stuff so I vote the nail.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
The interdependencies created by the global economy are the best way to spread freedom and prosperity throughout the Galaxy (I mean world). I don't have a problem with high quality or good value products from China. I do have a problem with cheap crap though. And I do think the cost effectiveness of outsourcing has been over estimated in many cases. In fact, there are many instances of companies bringing MFG back to the US. Clearly a healthy manufacturing base is important to our economy, so a balance must be struck.

Anyhow, I voted nail.

-T

Sponsored

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' fusion 14 explorer sport
Nail. Even stuff that says made in the USA is usually only assembled or partially made here. I think a lot of manufacturers are putting assembled instead of made in.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Nobody tell him where the MT82 is made.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
OP
OP
doulos4jc

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
I bet he's already figured that one out :lol:
Yup, knew about the tranny, the engine...
The wheels were a revelation for me, not a shocker though.

Sponsored

Shanghai Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Convertible in Race Red
What's worse, finding a 1 1/2 roofing nail buried in your tire or discovering that even more major components of the mustang are farmed out to communist dictatorships?
Ever wonder where your computer or cell phone were made?

The reality is that capitalism is changing China. It is liberalizing, and opening up more and more, especially for the citizens there. There is a growing and influential middle/upper class and they are agitating for more freedom - and the Government is slowly giving in.

Want to eliminate that dictatorship? Raise the standard of living of the general populace and the ability of the Government to control the masses via dependency goes away.

No surprise our own Government wants to increase dependency - it increases control of the populace...

OP
OP
doulos4jc

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
^ What your trying to tell me is that you voted for the Chinese nail?

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The interdependencies created by the global economy are the best way to spread freedom and prosperity throughout the Galaxy (I mean world). I don't have a problem with high quality or good value products from China. I do have a problem with cheap crap though. And I do think the cost effectiveness of outsourcing has been over estimated in many cases. In fact, there are many instances of companies bringing MFG back to the US. Clearly a healthy manufacturing base is important to our economy, so a balance must be struck.

Anyhow, I voted nail.

-T
Its happening in the UK, too. Several companies have realised that, wow, that cheap outsourcing is cheap for a damn good reason. Companies spend more money in trouble shooting and loose massively in communication with outsourcing. If anything should go wrong then woah-nelly, prepare the wallets for a massive bill.

The Kitchen fitters we brought in to do our extension recently moved all their production back to the UK, and its actually quite satisfying looking at the Quartz work surfaces and gloss Cupboards and seeing "Made in Great Britain" on the label. :thumbsup:

The Microwave is still made in Taiwan but can't win them all, and its actually a really good Microwave, so horses for courses. :D

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB