• Poll closed .

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Serious? I thought it was built in the Cleveland plant? Got any links I can do some reading on this?
Sponsored

OP
OP
doulos4jc

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Serious? I thought it was built in the Cleveland plant? Got any links I can do some reading on this?
Ecoboost only, and that was the 1st generation. Think its now manufactured in the states.

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
US political direction will push more manufacturers away. There's an obvious causality between the current political climate and the downturn of American manufacturing. Neither of the major parties are interested in doing what is needed.

You can do something to improve this.

Off the soapbox. I voted nail!! :D

Dirtleg

BoostCreep
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
15' EB Prem PP, 07' GT (track Car), 01' RC51, 16" S1000XR
I don't have issue with a Chinese company manufacturing in China. I do have a problem with a company moving production to China to avoid regulations in their home country that will either make it more difficult to manufacture cost effectively or allow them to skirt environmental regulations that might raise some eyebrows with the purchasing public were they made aware of it. If regulations are crippling better to deal with it in your own country than to hide what you're doing in someone else's backyard.

IMO if it's sold in this country it ought to made under the same regulations required to manufacture in this country. Equal footing is all.

I'm not an Eco freak by any means but while we support the growth of China's middle class and new freedoms, which I'm all for, our own middle class, which almost everyone on this forum belongs to, is shrinking for the sake of avoiding the EPA regulations and corporate profits which are obviously not trickling down as they should be. Rant off.

I did not vote for the nail.

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
GTPP rims = made in the USA
Sponsored