Sponsored

Whats with all the raspy exhaust systems??

MagnaFlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
I've run magnaflow on all my past cars so I went back to what I know and wasn't disapointed. It's not exotic or obnoxious. None of that raspy, burping pop that some love, that I can't stand. Just pure snorting american muscle.
I run the Magnaflow Competition catback on mine....i love the sound....I dont mind the raspy-ness ive heard on EVERY Mustang Week video...LOL...I just dont want it on mine.
Agree, best sounding exhaust period. I've gotten so many compliments, everyone says damn that thing sounds good! Despite what some people say it's not too loud at all and after a 1000 miles there is all but zero drone.
I went through the same search. I found the Magnaflow #19101 was the best sounding exhaust available. I constantly get compliments while driving and people asking what I have. I do agree on the very high end of RPM there's something there. But, from idle up through mid range and shifting when not in competition, it sounds fantastic. Rip the sterio out, I just want to listen the that music. Good Luck. Remember to have fun and don't get sidelined with analysis paralysis.
Thanks for the positive words, guys!

While everyones preferences are different when it comes to exhaust sound, we would recommend our systems to those looking for a deep, smooth tone. That has always been the signature Magnaflow sound, and we think it works perfectly on the Coyote!

OP
OP

Gnfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT PP, 1986 Buick GN
Thanks for the positive words, guys!

While everyones preferences are different when it comes to exhaust sound, we would recommend our systems to those looking for a deep, smooth tone. That has always been the signature Magnaflow sound, and we think it works perfectly on the Coyote!

You guys make an axle back as well or just a catback??

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

MagnaFlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
You guys make an axle back as well or just a catback??
We do make axlebacks! Here are the ones we currently offer for the GT's:

19103 - Competition axleback polished finish
http://www.magnaflow.com/products?partNumber=19103

19255 - Competition axleback black finish
http://www.magnaflow.com/products?partNumber=19255

19344 - race axleback polished finish
http://www.magnaflow.com/products?partNumber=19344

If you have questions about any of these systems, please feel free to drop us a PM!

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
thinking I may just have 2 Dynomax 24249 race bullets put on at the h pipe/resonator delete section. that should smooth out the little bit of rasp I have done low. Did that to my 2004 F150 4.6 when it had no cats & Hooker Aeroflow muffler.

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
People can say what they want about MBRP, but the Race Catback has a deep/mellow mustang sound without crazy rasp.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
thinking I may just have 2 Dynomax 24249 race bullets put on at the h pipe/resonator delete section. that should smooth out the little bit of rasp I have done low. Did that to my 2004 F150 4.6 when it had no cats & Hooker Aeroflow muffler.
It will definitely make it sound a lot cleaner.

Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
I loved my FRPP touring until WOT farm truck pop around 4K rpm. It was only a small range, but it bugged me enough to switch. To me, headers clean that up....but they also make you wana go WOT often

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I loved my FRPP touring until WOT farm truck pop around 4K rpm. It was only a small range, but it bugged me enough to switch. To me, headers clean that up....but they also make you wana go WOT often
that's me, gotta stay out of it but it sounds so good at WOT.

randotheking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
It is, in fact the motor. It's just the way coyotes sound. H pipe exhausts will tame some and resonators also kill rasp. My ARH catback is not raspy at all, and neither is the MRT. I've heard a couple solo exhaust catback and they all sound fantastic. I'd strongly suggest a solo catback for the best bang for buck. Well made, fit great, great sound, good price.
I don't think manufactures are trying hard enough to eliminate rasp. I've been listening to exhausts and so far one of the deeper ones without rasp is the Pypes Street Pro, and its even cheaper than most of the others

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think manufactures are trying hard enough to eliminate rasp. I've been listening to exhausts and so far one of the deeper ones without rasp is the Pypes Street Pro, and its even cheaper than most of the others
the Pypes looks similar to my LM2 setup. I don't even know what my car sounds like taking off or from the outside. I know with the LT's & no cats the exhaust pulses underneath me sound cool (gas smell doesn't), I think their is rasp at part throttle and cold start.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
this is a stock photo from google of the lm2
LM2.jpg
Sponsored