Sponsored

Whats the coolest feature you didn't know your car had?

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
Took me over an hour but went through this thread. Looking at ordering a 2016 GT Premium and this thread was a great help!

Merry Christmas.

Thanks!
Sponsored

midnite9150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 GT
So would my '72 Pinto Station Wagon, '75 MGB, '83 Isuzu P'up, '87, '88, and '90 Isuzu Pickups, '89 Honda Civic Wagon, '93 Mazda Protege, my '06 V6 Mustang, my wife's '06 V6 Mustang (RIP), and every single motorcycle that I have owned.

I don't get what the big deal is here. Every single vehicle with a manual transmission that I have ever driven was capable of taking off and idling on a flat surface without touching the gas. That is one of the techniques that I taught my kids when they were learning to drive. There is no better way to get a feel for clutch engagement than being forced to do it without the gas pedal.

The only thing that I see that is "new" is that the drive-by-wire systems seem to automatically add some throttle if the engine starts to bog when you are doing it.

{shrug}
I also came from fox body mustangs and they could not do it, maybe its just us ex fox drivers LOL

I never tried on my '12 mustang v6 just because I was used to the fox mustangs not being able to do it, and was surprised that my mazda 3 can do it

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
1972 Ford?! Pinto?!?! Station Wagon?!?!?! Manual Transmision?!?!?!?! :lol: What a great car!

350Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 C10 2021 GT PP M6
Not the coolest... Just noticed today that the headlights turn on when the wipers are on.

Sponsored

brenden4000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 turbo manual
Not the coolest... Just noticed today that the headlights turn on when the wipers are on.
That's a good one. I'm always amazed at how many boneheads I see on the road without their headlights on when it's pouring down rain.

Beef

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 S550 GT
That's a good one. I'm always amazed at how many boneheads I see on the road without their headlights on when it's pouring down rain.

How about the idiots driving silver cars in dense fog :ninja: ....... the stupid is strong with these people....

350Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 C10 2021 GT PP M6
Mine were set to auto... I don't use my wipers in the rain much cause they drive me nuts. Super clean windows and rainX do the trick for me.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Mine were set to auto... I don't use my wipers in the rain much cause they drive me nuts. Super clean windows and rainX do the trick for me.
Then be glad you didn't order adaptive cruise or your wipers would come on automatically.

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
Then be glad you didn't order adaptive cruise or your wipers would come on automatically.

Only if you set the wipers to come on automatically will they turn on when they sense rain.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Just realized the sun visor extend. I'm tinted so I never needed to use them until a long road trip put the sun in my drivers window for 4 hours straight. Pulled the visor down and swung it over and it slid out a little...which kind of freaked me out cause I wasn't expecting it. Don't know why all cars don't have this!

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I really enjoy the gauges turning red at redline with the headlights on. I didn't think it would have it, but I was pleasantly surprised when I found this out at the drag strip.
Sponsored