Sponsored

Whats the coolest feature you didn't know your car had?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
can you setup the readout in the middle of the dash to have a digital speedometer?
Yes, but it's not worth it because you have to go in to "engineering test mode" to see the digital speedometer and you loose all the other info on the center display.
Sponsored

SebringS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6
Found a "feature" accidentally today:

Sync was not cooperating with my iPhone this morning (shocking, l know, lol). I grabbed the aux cord from my wife's car to plug my phone in for music. I plugged it in using the aux cord port inside the armrest and found a notch cut out so that the phone could be plugged in with the lid closed and used outside of the armrest without mashing the cord.

Good forward thinking by Ford! Also did a Sync reset and phone now works again, for now ...

lazarus870

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I found out that the cigarette lighter outlets are on even if the car is OFF, so if you want to connect a battery tender you can plug it into the cig lighter and then the wall

SnoopisTDI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard 2015 GTPP, Recaros, 2004 Lexus GX470
Found a "feature" accidentally today:

Sync was not cooperating with my iPhone this morning (shocking, l know, lol). I grabbed the aux cord from my wife's car to plug my phone in for music. I plugged it in using the aux cord port inside the armrest and found a notch cut out so that the phone could be plugged in with the lid closed and used outside of the armrest without mashing the cord.

Good forward thinking by Ford! Also did a Sync reset and phone now works again, for now ...
I've been using the little notch since day one, but it's definitely a nice touch! I just have to be sure to keep the cord out of the way of the passenger so they don't yank it out when they get in or move the seat.

Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
the cigarette lighter ports are only on for about 3 hours after the car is shut off. or was it 90 minutes? i forgot...

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
It'd be nice if it showed it when you didn't have the navigation full screen as well.
I had wondered about this since you posted, and I finally got around to confirming it - on Sync 3, even when you're on the Home Screen (with the multi-view of Nav, Audio, etc.), it shows the speed limit.

:cheers:

tmar66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Not a cool feature of the car but of the key fob. That there is a door key inside of it.
NOTE: If anyone buys USED - check both FOBS for the metal keys! I purchased a Ford Certified used 2015 from a dealer and mine did not have them. It came from a used, fleet car. The dealer paid to have two new ones made for me. All good now.

michaelmfl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Premium Manual Trans
I found out that the cigarette lighter outlets are on even if the car is OFF, so if you want to connect a battery tender you can plug it into the cig lighter and then the wall
This is very variable for me. Sometimes they stay on, but most of the time they turn off when I turn off the engine and open the door. I wish I could figure out why and when they stayed on since it could be useful for charging my phone, etc.

TripleshotMcC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible, 50 Year Edition
I just realized the other night that my driving lights turn off when the turn signal comes on in that corner. Saw it happen in the reflection of my car in the rear end of the SUV in front of me.

Sponsored

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
My 90 GT that I used to have would buck and lurch if you just tried to coast at idle in 1st gear, so no, not every manual transmission car has this. Perhaps you are too young to have driven older cars? Not really sure, but in years gone by, if you released the clutch without giving it throttle, it would stall. I'm sure you could ever so slowly ease up on the clutch (think 10-15 seconds to release it kind of pace) it MIGHT not initially stall out, but the car would buck a few times before stalling out if you didn't give it some throttle.
Actually, my '88 300ZX Turbo would move along @ idle on a flat surface. I could get it moving without ever touching he throttle by feathering the clutch.

Qwkynuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT
Actually, my '88 300ZX Turbo would move along @ idle on a flat surface. I could get it moving without ever touching he throttle by feathering the clutch.
So would my '72 Pinto Station Wagon, '75 MGB, '83 Isuzu P'up, '87, '88, and '90 Isuzu Pickups, '89 Honda Civic Wagon, '93 Mazda Protege, my '06 V6 Mustang, my wife's '06 V6 Mustang (RIP), and every single motorcycle that I have owned.

I don't get what the big deal is here. Every single vehicle with a manual transmission that I have ever driven was capable of taking off and idling on a flat surface without touching the gas. That is one of the techniques that I taught my kids when they were learning to drive. There is no better way to get a feel for clutch engagement than being forced to do it without the gas pedal.

The only thing that I see that is "new" is that the drive-by-wire systems seem to automatically add some throttle if the engine starts to bog when you are doing it.

{shrug}

350Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 C10 2021 GT PP M6
I just realized the other night that my driving lights turn off when the turn signal comes on in that corner. Saw it happen in the reflection of my car in the rear end of the SUV in front of me.
It's the fog light that turns off right?

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
And it is only the one on the side the directional is flashing.

Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
It's the fog light that turns off right?
Yeah, it's the fog light that turns off (not a driving light) but only the fog light the direction you're turning. So, if you're turning left, the left fog light turns off while the right remains off. If you're turning right, the right fog light turns off while the left remains on.
Sponsored