Sponsored

What is your opinion progressive springs?

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
not sure what happened here, but i like my steeda progressives

daily driver.
Perfect ride quality for a daily driver! Thank you!

Mike D

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I would contact a spring engineer so you can understand our table.

Or, you can call our engineering dept. at 1800 950 0774 to discuss, they will be able to explain the table in greater depth.

On another note, provide your data for the rear GT350 .:)
Well, this response just told me which springs will be going on my car, and they won't be coming from Pompano Beach. I clearly read this as "I don't know how to answer you, so here's a smart ass response"...:rant:

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Well, this response just told me which springs will be going on my car, and they won't be coming from Pompano Beach. I clearly read this as "I don't know how to answer you, so here's a smart ass response"...:rant:
Really? That's what you got out of that? My bet is you're a fan boi and it didn't change a decision for you if that's what you got from that reply. Either that or you weren't following the whole conversation.

Sponsored

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Really? That's what you got out of that? My bet is you're a fan boi and it didn't change a decision for you if that's what you got from that reply. Either that or you weren't following the whole conversation.
Fan boi eh?
IMG_8019.jpg

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Because I hadn't made any other comments, i'm a "fan boi"? Not that I feel the need to explain myself to you, but I follow a lot of posts on here, mainly to get more information, but also to chime in from time to time. I felt the need to chime in on this one because information was asked, provided by another, and then when the validity of it was asked to be clarified, it turned into a pissing contest.

All I will say is that I am a HUGE fan of supporting local businesses and always have been. Both Steeda and BMR are local to me, thus the interest in both of these companies. If you choose to do business with someone who treats others that way, that's your choice.

With that said, please show me another post I have made on here that would make anyone believe i'm in any way supporting one vendor over another. Go ahead, i'll wait...:popcorn:

ansibe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP, Recaros, Koni Yellow, 350r springs.
[MENTION=25806]SteedaTech[/MENTION]

You are claiming 265 as the rate when compressing the Front spring from 9.108" to 8.108" - but your load goes from 413lbs to 624lbs.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that 211lbs required to compress the spring 1"?
Huh? Maybe I missed an edit, but the rate column shows 212 (4x53), and subtracting the two loads shows 211. That's pretty close I'd say.

I'm quite surprised how progressive the rear spring is. It sure looks straight wound, but the numbers don't lie! Any ideas why Ford did this? And how??? How do you change the spring's effective rate without shorting coils?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
View attachment 113199

Here are the numbers. No twisted propaganda please. We tested every 1/4 inch where others tested every 1/2 inch.
I've calculated that there is approximately 850 lbs of sprung mass on each strut, with a motion ratio of ~1:1, so the curb/installed height would be very close to the 7.108" point. It's quite linear rate from every point beyond that approaching solid height. Thanks!

The rear does have some non-linearity, the exact degree would require knowing the curb height point.

attachment.jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
I would contact a spring engineer so you can understand our table.

Or, you can call our engineering dept. at 1800 950 0774 to discuss, they will be able to explain the table in greater depth.

On another note, provide your data for the rear GT350 .:)
I noticed you edited - Thank you for fixing your data.

That is all I asked for. There was no need to respond in that manner.

I will be showing data soon enough, no worries. :cheers:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
So nice to see my thread actually spark some debate and real numbers into this. Look forward to more comments. Any way to get data on the FRPP track springs?

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
I noticed you edited - Thank you for fixing your data.

That is all I asked for. There was no need to respond in that manner.

I will be showing data soon enough, no worries. :cheers:
Kelly, the point I was making is that the front springs of GT350 are Linear and the rear are progressive. Both tables represent that. Which you disagree and got off topic.

The reason I responded that way, is your always taking meaningless shots at Steeda and their customers.

Again, I always want to work in a professional manor, and you can contact our engineering dept anytime to collaborate on OE concerns.

The Best,

Mike D

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Kelly, the point I was making is that the front springs of GT350 are Linear and the rear are progressive. Both tables represent that. Which you disagree and got off topic.

The reason I responded that way, is your always taking meaningless shots at Steeda and their customers.

Again, I always want to work in a professional manor, and you can contact our engineering dept anytime to collaborate on OE concerns.

The Best,

Mike D
Thank you for clarifying.

In bold, I would not say that is 100% the case.

You, Steeda, are as guilty as myself or other companies. Let's not throw stones my friend. I want to keep this as civil as possible. I have a whole folder full of quotes, pictures AND proof of something specific - you do not want to go there.

Back on topic. I claimed that Ford doesn't use a "truly" progressive spring set-up. You have provided some solid data to show the progression of the spring deflection when compressed. My post picking apart your data was uncalled for - as it does not relate to what we are discussing - I apologize.

I will provide solid data soon as well. :cheers:

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Thank you for clarifying.

In bold, I would not say that is 100% the case.

You, Steeda, are as guilty as myself or other companies. Let's not throw stones my friend. I want to keep this as civil as possible. I have a whole folder full of quotes, pictures AND proof of something specific - you do not want to go there.

Back on topic. I claimed that Ford doesn't use a "truly" progressive spring set-up. You have provided some solid data to show the progression of the spring deflection when compressed. My post picking apart your data was uncalled for - as it does not relate to what we are discussing - I apologize.

I will provide solid data soon as well. :cheers:
Let's respect our customers and colleagues, agreed!

NotBlake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT (Base)
Love love love the FRPP street handling kit that came with fords 1" drop progressive springs. Car handles amazingly well and is about as aggressive as I would like in a street car. I will do a few more track days in this car but it is 99.99% a street car. Yes, the car does take an extra moment to 'take a set' in steady state cornering. An extremely minimal price to pay for not getting beaten up. Car still holds 1.01G in steady state cornering on all season AS3+'s.

If I was building a track car, it would be linear rate springs, 100%.
Sponsored