Sponsored

What is the bolt pattern/Offset on Mustang Wheels?

ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
2015 mustang ecoboost fitment

ive spent the better part of last week swapping wheels on our 2015 mustang ecoboost.. the benchmark wheel is an Advan RSD 20x10 +35

In the front (with oem camber) the inner lip is 13mm from the strut. the outer lip is flush with the fender

In the rear (with oem camber) the inner lip is 57mm from the strut. the outer lip is 6mm from the fender

our aggressive new wheel selection is Volk TE37 Ultra:
Front: 20x10 +35
Rear: 20x12 +48

this is very aggressive wheel fitment, however our penske suspension will have camber plates so at -3 front and -2 rear i think it will fit with just a little massaging...

bear with me, i'm a novice...I want a square set up...so you're saying 20x10's on a 275/35/20 will give me an OEM fit, no modifications, no spacers, a clean fit?...i'd also like a replica to the HRE FF01...any suggestions?...thanx.
Sponsored

sublime5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Can someone answer if 18X8 5-114 ET45 will fit the 2015 GT Premium w/o PP? These are the winter wheels I have for my S197 & hope I can still use them. Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
looks like you are in luck - those will fit with plenty of room to spare
not my issue but curious if there is a concern with the spokes clearing the brakes as these will be 5mm farther inside the fender than the stock 18X8s

Sponsored

Full-Race Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.full-race.com
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
that is a good point however he said w/o PP, that is the 4pot continental caliper like on our ecoboost PP... not a giant caliper and has plenty of clearance with the wheels we've tried so far

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
that is a good point however he said w/o PP, that is the 4pot continental caliper like on our ecoboost PP... not a giant caliper and has plenty of clearance with the wheels we've tried so far
I think that is interesting considering the same size brake/caliper had fitment issues on the 2011-2014 brembo package cars needing wheels with significant spoke clearance

are you guys going to get your hands on a GT PP, i think alot of us who are considering that package are very curious what options we will have to downsize/go narrower for the winter months

Full-Race Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.full-race.com
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
we are only focused on the ecoboost mustang right now. However - we plan to use GT PP brembos on our car, so I will share more information about caliper clearance once they are installed. the rear brakes are tiny, front caliper clearance is the issue to watch out for

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
we are only focused on the ecoboost mustang right now. However - we plan to use GT PP brembos on our car, so I will share more information about caliper clearance once they are installed. the rear brakes are tiny, front caliper clearance is the issue to watch out for
Thanks... looking forward to updates once you get the GT PP brakes installed

Sponsored

ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
what is the bolt pattern/offset

20x10 +45 would be close to an OEM fit, square setup. If you want HRE FF01, get those rims... replicas are lame

another novice question: does the 20x10 +45 apply to any aftermarket wheel or does the offset measurement change depending on the wheel style?

any way you can post a pix of the ecoboost w/o PP with the 20x10 square set up?

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
another novice question: does the 20x10 +45 apply to any aftermarket wheel or does the offset measurement change depending on the wheel style?

any way you can post a pix of the ecoboost w/o PP with the 20x10 square set up?

Offset determines where the wheel hub bolts to the wheel in relation to the center line of the wheel itself. +45mm means the wheel hub is 45mm closer to the outside of the wheel pushing the rim in closer towards the suspension(0 offset means the hub is exactly in the center of the wheel). The style of wheel does not matter, but the width of the wheel changes how the inner and outer edges of the wheel fit the car.

Now the shape of the wheel spokes certainly does matter in regards to caliper clearance and that isn't something you can put a numbered measurement on easily.

DJGold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2015 V6 Manual (3.55 diff)
20x10 +45 would be close to an OEM fit, square setup. If you want HRE FF01, get those rims... replicas are lame
You guys are great. Thanks so much for the info. How would 20x9.5 +40 square up? Can I make it work? 255/35 or 265/35 all around?

DJGold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2015 V6 Manual (3.55 diff)
Anyone? Fullracegeoff? :help:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
If you give me a known good, as in OE, tire and wheel combination I can give you a pretty decent overlay with some dimensions. Better than any of the usual online tire calculators.

Norm
Sponsored