Sponsored

what if i wanna make my car a 1000hp Shelby?

sher-bant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I see Hennessy offers a whole 1000HP turbo package.

But I'm sure most will say that's stupid. They suck. You could do better for so much less.
So how do I do it? I'm in northern Illinois/NW side of Chicago. Anyone know who would do that right? I throw down for it. I just don't have a clue as to where I take it.

*I'm in no way a mechanic.
Sponsored

TRAC WPN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY16 Gt350Track
I apologize for not responding with the answer you are looking for, but why do you pay a premium for a gt350, a track worthy car, to make it pretty much untrackable at 1000hp, if its for barging rights than ok, your choice, if its for ultimate track or straight line performance, so many better platforms to start with. Again sorry for the long sentence, just don't understand the reasoning.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I agree. You're starting with a car designed to not do what you're looking to do. Why?

Sponsored

ford20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE On Order / 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca
I see Hennessy offers a whole 1000HP turbo package.

But I'm sure most will say that's stupid. They suck. You could do better for so much less.
So how do I do it? I'm in northern Illinois/NW side of Chicago. Anyone know who would do that right? I throw down for it. I just don't have a clue as to where I take it.

*I'm in no way a mechanic.
Step 1: Contact JPC Racing or RGR Racing Engines (since Rich is in Northern Indiana now) and get a sleeved shortblock with a corresponding turbo kit
Step 2: Write a check
Step 3: Profit

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Step 1: Contact JPC Racing or RGR Racing Engines (since Rich is in Northern Indiana now) and get a sleeved shortblock with a corresponding turbo kit
Step 2: Write a check
Step 3: Profit
Who's profiting?

cattivo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geno
Vehicle(s)
17GT350
I apologize for not responding with the answer you are looking for, but why do you pay a premium for a gt350, a track worthy car, to make it pretty much untrackable at 1000hp, if its for barging rights than ok, your choice, if its for ultimate track or straight line performance, so many better platforms to start with. Again sorry for the long sentence, just don't understand the reasoning.
Why would it be untrackable at 1000hp?

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I believe there were conversations with people at Ford that indicated they tried forced air with the Voodoo and it's flat plain crank and kept breaking the bottom end.

If you want a 1,000 HP car, get a GT, build the motor, and attach a couple turbos.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I believe there were conversations with people at Ford that indicated they tried forced air with the Voodoo and it's flat plain crank and kept breaking the bottom end.
Ford Motor Company never put any forced induction on the Voodoo engine ever at anytime.

OP
OP
sher-bant

sher-bant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Thanks.

I know what you guys are saying with the "this car is good the way it is, etc."...

So let's say I have a 2011 BMW E92 M3. Would THAT be a good car to try to put 1000hp into?

*I'm not trolling or trying to be a dick. I just think it'd be badas to gave a 1000PLUS HP car.
Sponsored