Sponsored

WHAT DID YOU PAY!!!

Star711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premuim
I should add that the discount included a $750 private rebate from Ford. I called Ford marketing the day before and told them as a loyal customer (we also have a Ford Edge) that I also intended to buy a mustang before Christmas. The very nice lady gave me a code for the $750 rebate to use at the dealer.

One more tip, even though I had agreed a price with the dealer via email before going to the show room, the dealer still tried to be sneaky and renegotiate the terms - I walked out twice. So be prepared to walk away and have a backup deal with other dealers in place. This will help keep unscrupulous dealers honest.
Sponsored

lowatts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
One more tip, even though I had agreed a price with the dealer via email before going to the show room, the dealer still tried to be sneaky and renegotiate the terms - I walked out twice.
I second that. Get a good night's sleep before going in to close the sale and sign papers. Regardless of how low a dealer prices a car, they might try to change agreed-on items at the last minute so keep in mind what was agreed on and for how much. Better to have a written item price break-down with you so you can double check what you agreed to pay for each item. Some of these people get offended if you act like you don't completely trust them, but at the same time they're trying to squeeze that last dollar out of you. This applies to financing too even if you already worked out the financing terms with your own bank but your bank uses the dealer to complete the paper work (some banks have this kind of partnership with car dealers). Make sure the dealer is processing the loan documents on closing day with the terms you agreed on with your bank (including amount borrowed, interest rate, monthly payment amount)--I had to do this to get my terms even though I had already finalized all these with the bank ahead of time. Don't let your guard down until after you've signed the last piece of paper.

reed7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Manual Magnetic
Hello guys, I've been shopping around a base manual Mustang GT without any option recently and I just got a quote from a dealer . Here's the details

Sales Price $27,144.55
+ freight $900
= $28,044.55
+Tax $1206.45
+Tags $59.50
+Processing fee $689.50
= $30,000
- Customer cash $500
- Coupon $750
= $28,750 total

The price is not bad IMO but before making any decision I figured I should collect some opinions. So any input would be appreciate !

BTW The odometer reading is 23.4 and they don't offer any free oil change.
Thank you very much and sorry for the English :p

Star711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premuim
If you're happy with it, that's all that matters. If you want to know if you can get a better deal, then if you have not done so already, I would suggest that you give other dealers a chance to beat that price. Tell them you have a quote from [dealer X] for $xx,xxx and you intend to purchase on X day and if they can beat that quote by a meaningful amount. Ask the dealers to submit their quotes in writing. You can then play one dealer off against another till you get a price you're happy with.

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Hello guys, I've been shopping around a base manual Mustang GT without any option recently and I just got a quote from a dealer . Here's the details

Sales Price $27,144.55
+ freight $900
= $28,044.55
+Tax $1206.45
+Tags $59.50
+Processing fee $689.50
= $30,000
- Customer cash $500
- Coupon $750
= $28,750 total

The price is not bad IMO but before making any decision I figured I should collect some opinions. So any input would be appreciate !

BTW The odometer reading is 23.4 and they don't offer any free oil change.
Thank you very much and sorry for the English :p
Sign up for MCA for $50 and get the x-plan and you can add the $500+$750 on top of that.

Sponsored

reed7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sign up for MCA for $50 and get the x-plan and you can add the $500+$750 on top of that.
Thank you but according to the xplan data sheet on this forum, the xplan price is much higher than the quote :cheers:

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Thank you but according to the xplan data sheet on this forum, the xplan price is much higher than the quote :cheers:
Ahh gotcha, I thought "Sales Price $27,144.55" was above x-plan :cheers:

y5e06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 GT
What "Ford Marketing" did you call?
I've been waiting for my personal coupon for weeks.

there are some good deals out there now I'd like $750 off of...

I should add that the discount included a $750 private rebate from Ford. I called Ford marketing the day before and told them as a loyal customer (we also have a Ford Edge) that I also intended to buy a mustang before Christmas. The very nice lady gave me a code for the $750 rebate to use at the dealer.

firstford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Hey guys, absolute ford noob here and even a new car buyer noob as well. I have only bought used cars so far.

I am very interested in the new mustangs and trying to make up my mind between GT and ecoboost. I test drove both in 2 dealers and both of them pretty much gave me prices that were MSRP and weren't willing to negotiate unless I was ready to buy then and there.
I actually am trying to buy a car within 6 months for sure and want to be as informed as possible before pulling the trigger. maybe it is a florida thing, I keep hearing people pay more for cars here than other states.

What are all these rebates and incentives I see other members receiving? I see X plan being tossed around, but those are for ford employees right? Things like student discounts are not available to non students? What if I have a family member who is?

Also, what is the deal with Koons? Are they some magical dealer that offers way better pricing than the rest of the country? Is it worth doing a road trip from florida or any other state to buy from them? or is it some sort of bait and switch with their "Wow" pricing. I really have a hard time trusting dealers.

I am intersted in ecoboost premium, or GT premium, both with upgraded equipment group with memory seats and audio. I am not decided yet if I want PP. from searching around, people like PP on the ecoboost and not so much on the GT due to the rear end gearing being too high strung.

I am also very open to leasing the car as long as the numbers are good and I did a bunch of research on car leasing mostly on BMW's and understand it but don't know if things are different with ford. The dealer here said GT's are non leasable so ......

Does ford offer 0% financing? or even close to it like .9? I know toyota does, my folks took advantage of it few times. I have excellent credit so I really want the lowest possible

reed7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey guys, absolute ford noob here and even a new car buyer noob as well. I have only bought used cars so far.

I am very interested in the new mustangs and trying to make up my mind between GT and ecoboost. I test drove both in 2 dealers and both of them pretty much gave me prices that were MSRP and weren't willing to negotiate unless I was ready to buy then and there.
I actually am trying to buy a car within 6 months for sure and want to be as informed as possible before pulling the trigger. maybe it is a florida thing, I keep hearing people pay more for cars here than other states.

What are all these rebates and incentives I see other members receiving? I see X plan being tossed around, but those are for ford employees right? Things like student discounts are not available to non students? What if I have a family member who is?

Also, what is the deal with Koons? Are they some magical dealer that offers way better pricing than the rest of the country? Is it worth doing a road trip from florida or any other state to buy from them? or is it some sort of bait and switch with their "Wow" pricing. I really have a hard time trusting dealers.

I am intersted in ecoboost premium, or GT premium, both with upgraded equipment group with memory seats and audio. I am not decided yet if I want PP. from searching around, people like PP on the ecoboost and not so much on the GT due to the rear end gearing being too high strung.

I am also very open to leasing the car as long as the numbers are good and I did a bunch of research on car leasing mostly on BMW's and understand it but don't know if things are different with ford. The dealer here said GT's are non leasable so ......

Does ford offer 0% financing? or even close to it like .9? I know toyota does, my folks took advantage of it few times. I have excellent credit so I really want the lowest possible
Just purchased my base GT manual today. Base on my experience I can tell you at least the WOW price on Koons sterling ford website is exactly the selling price they gonna offer (with $500 rebate and without destination fee). Here's the price they quote me for a Magnetic base GT manual:

MSRP ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ $33,295
WOW PRICE ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ $27,108
FREIGHT ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ $875
PROCESSING ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ $599
TAX ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ $1221
T & T ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ $85
TOTAL ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ $29,888

Although I managed to have another dealer beat their price by $388 (ended up paying $28750 OTD for a base GT manual ( $29500 - $750 private cash) , Koons sterling's price is already pretty good IMO:clap2:

Sponsored

mustangfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Looking at a base GT with performance package. The MSRP is $35,600. I know this dealer well and was given this deal. Invoice is 33,500, with $1200 hold back. They offered to sell me the car for 31,000 before taxes and fees.OTD price would be close to $34k. Am I crazy to push for $31k OTD price? Car has no options except PP, but they said that's as low as they can go.

1crazymach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red GT 500
Sounds like a great deal to me. My MSRP is $41,200 I'm going to be right under 39k OTD California taxes & license almost 10%

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Looking at a base GT with performance package. The MSRP is $35,600. I know this dealer well and was given this deal. Invoice is 33,500, with $1200 hold back. They offered to sell me the car for 31,000 before taxes and fees.OTD price would be close to $34k. Am I crazy to push for $31k OTD price? Car has no options except PP, but they said that's as low as they can go.
$31K before tax and fees ($2,500 below invoice) sounds like a good deal if invoice is really $33.5K. If they eat the taxes and fees to make it $31K out the door, they will be loosing on this deal I would think.

mustangfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Thanks for the feedback. I think 31k for the car before fees TTL is fair. But I'm a seeing deals from people on this thread claiming they snagged them for around 32kotd. Just wanted to know if 31k was a good price.

1crazymach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red GT 500
Definitely depends on where you live and how they charge for taxes. In California that ain't happening where you're from maybe. Good luck and enjoy
Sponsored