Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
fitted hood struts... err the wrong way and then the right way round

and then the right way...

Painted some parts for Kraken, also covered some bits in leather.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Steve, I suppose I 've missed a few older posts of yours, but where did you buy this engine, radiator and fuse covers from? Really cool!

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Well an epic day of DIY mods for me...

I had a US GT dec lid and a US lower GT grille sat in the garage, no plans, weather decent, so I got to it.

Started with the deck lid - pain in the ass to get off, mainly because of the 2 clips either side of the camera but went on easy enough.

Then started on the bumper. Started off thinking "this is easy" then I got to those 2 bastard bolts - the ones that hold the bumper to the fender. Honestly, I was about to give up but my Dad saved the day, between us and a jack we got it done.

Happy boy to have these mods in.

I also tried and failed to tint my tail lights too. But gave up and had a beer :cheers:

Anywho...photos to prove it happened :)
IMG_1540.JPG
IMG_1539.JPG
IMG_1545.JPG

Sponsored

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I put my AED base tune on the car today. Not had chance to do the logs yet for the performance tune but I have to say the base tune has woken this car up no end. I gave it some beans round a sweeping corner onto a straight in second gear that was fairly uneventful on the stock tune, but with the AED the back broke loose in the dry before it even reached peek power. That caught me by surprise!
Can't wait to see what it's done for the 0-60 if I can contain the wheel spin...

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
No show without Punch eh? ;)

Going to give this FB group a miss. Since joining the others my timeline is filled with absolutely nothing but Mustang. This is no bad thing but does make it hard to use Facebook for what I originally intended - keeping in touch with friends and family. I wish the group good luck however :thumbsup:
You know you can turn off notifications for individual groups, right? :D

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Hi there

Being chasing a false knock issue since going back to the 350 TB, where the car will on 50% of gear changes above 4000rpm register huge knock and essentially result in the car making 20 or less degrees timing advance, in short when this happens car feels pretty flat. Why at Silverstone I just drove around in 4th gear for a couple of laps as 3-4th gear change would set it off sometimes meaning that the whole duration of 4th was about 50-60HP down due to car thinking the engine was knocking its tits off.

The cure refit the stock TB and Lund tune, absolutely fine, rapid as hell but the whole reason I went back to 350 TB and AED was stock like drive ability but for whatever reason my car dislikes it, whether its due to the extremely loud exhaust or the RAM AIR setup I made for the car is unknown as I pretty much lost my patience and as such today this happened:

Yep I put the whole car back to stock, right down to panel filter and tune. :frusty:

I could of just ran Lund/Stock TB but I hate over sensitive pedal and in a couple of months winter/wet be here I'd rather just have a lazy sedate car, though I did manage winter on the 350 setup just fine. Not dissing the Lund tune as I know many love the more sensitive pedal. :D

Just made sense with plans to sell car in future and a lovely dry day so I just started pulling the entire car to pieces.

It went so well in fact I had the car back to stock in less than 4 hours though those rear connectors were still a bitch even though now I knew how to disconnect them!

I just need to get a cap and jubilee for the sound tube delete, hence why part of the sound tube is there to just prevent the car from sucking in unmetered air.

So how does it drive on stock, well its smooth and throttle how I like it. Easier to launch due to less power and torque control being enabled, so might have to give the 0-60 a go on Fords stock tune.

But I booted it in 3rd gear, fuck all happened, then I remembered ah yes that will be the ECU torque limiting control, oh my I do not miss that shit. But in short 3rd gear upwards the stock car is slow, lost a chunk of performance, well near as dammit 100HP to be exact and I used to love just flooring the car in 3rd or 4th from low RPM and ringing it out upto 7500rpm, whereas now its a lot more docile/flat.

Of course I have my JDM map, K&N panel filter to go in so will put that on in a few days and I've asked Shaun at AED if he will do me a map for it FOC, he will probably tell me to do one, but don't ask don't get.

But I've gotta say the worse thing on the stock car is the freaking torque limiters, that is the best thing a tune does, particular custom tunes from AED/Lund as they just completely shut them off, whereas some of the other tunes leave partially enabled.

That sums my day up, I am knock free, really making magnetic the true slow colour it is and I washed her. :D

Sponsored

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Removed Borla exhaust and fitted stock exhaust. Forgot how heavy that fucker is. Nightmare on your own.
Removed DD side markers. Just needs a clean and then a advert written up. The car is soooooo quiet now!
I did the same last weekend. Lifting the resonator into position is a nightmare with only one pair of hands. I was able to lift ir enough to get a bottle jack under, and adjust to correct height. My back was knackered for days after.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
That sums my day up, I am knock free, really making magnetic the true slow colour it is and I washed her. :D
Slow my ar$e. Washed mine too :p

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Steve, I suppose I 've missed a few older posts of yours, but where did you buy this engine, radiator and fuse covers from? Really cool!
Painted them myself, apparently the only thing i'm competent at :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
No one ever levelled criticism at Rembrandt for just being good at painting. Stick with it mate and try colouring in the horses. Maybe do a hunting scene on the hood etc.
Sponsored