Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
2015 Only? I sold mine.

Phoneman1223

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Awesome :thumbsup:
Are you lowering the car? This matters, because depending on how much it's lowered if you are lowering, it may affect how much you need to adjust the endlinks.

Otherwise, first, what you want to do is adjust each endlink's length till they're equal to the stock endlinks.

Next, install one end of the endlink into the strut and the other into the sway bar. For the rear, one end into the sway bar, the other end into the spring bucket.
At this point, you want to make sure the endlink stud is going into the holes of the sway bar and strut endlink bracket or rear spring bucket, passing through relatively freely - the amount of adjustment you may or may not have to do to achieve this, depends on if you're lowering, and how low.

Then, for front - tighten the endlink nut on the strut. For rear, tighten the endlink nut on the sway bar. Begin to tighten (but leave loose somewhat) the nut on front sway bar, and the nut on rear spring bucket.

Last, put wheels on, lower the car. Now, check how freely endlink studs pass through the holes on remaining ends that are still loose.
Adjust length if necessary. Fully tighten remaining loose nuts.
What this last step does is prevents sway bar pre-load (adding tension to the bar) which is not desirable in most cases, especially a street car. Loading the suspension makes this adjustment as accurate as possible.
So car is lowered 1” all the way around and there definitely is preload on sway bars now with stock end links. With the car being lowered I will do that process but start with new links around a 1/2” shorter or a little shorter than stock because based on location and geometry of suspension, where the sway bars are located inboard of wheel hub I don’t think the drop of 1” is at the links. Hope that makes sense as far as initial setting. Since I do all my work on car in driveway, with the wheels off car and up on Jack stands, I can duplicate a loaded suspension by jacking up lower control arms to lift car off Jack stands a little bit and adjust end links as you described insuring the loose link stud moves freely.
One more question, do you want the sway as level to the ground when doing all this. Because i know the sway bars can pivot a little bit in there mounts. The car has Ford Performance track bars with the stock style rubber bushings and the bars do not articulate very much. I know Steeda and some of the other manufacturers you some kind of poly bushing and grease them so the sway bars actually articulated in the mounts to diminish the false spring rate caused by rubber bushings. Maybe I’m talking myself into new sway bar mounts, lol

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Wrapped my prop rod in tesa tape. No more burned fingers for me. (Yes I know I can buy hood struts but I don't want to)
20210607_191554.jpg
I was impressed with the amount of shit you got for this post and wanted in on a bit of the action … :giggle:

I tried a bit of silicon ring adjustment wrap. We needed to buy some for my misses ring (on her finger :facepalm:). It’s as tight as it can be getting it over her knuckle, but it will still turn when it’s in place (it’s got a big rock :cwl:) due to her fingers and knuckles looking like Dumbledores wand …

1626611137481.jpeg

Anyhow, this came with the kit and I’m not sure how big of a ring band it was intended for, but it works perfectly and looks neat on the hood prop :

B1-AA8-A91-9-B8-E-4-F2-C-B47-A-BC738-F7-A6-D5-B.jpg

WD :like:

Sponsored

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
will do that process but start with new links around a 1/2” shorter or a little shorter than stock
The Steeda endlinks can be adjusted shorter than stock, but it's not a huge amount shorter than stock I notice, so look for this when you're installing and adjusting.
I can duplicate a loaded suspension by jacking up lower control arms to lift car off Jack stands a little bit and adjust end links as you described insuring the loose link stud moves freely.
Yup, :thumbsup: I actually forgot to type out what I do is have 2 sets of ramps, but your method also obviously works

One more question, do you want the sway as level to the ground when doing all this. Because i know the sway bars can pivot a little bit in there mounts. The car has Ford Performance track bars with the stock style rubber bushings and the bars do not articulate very much. I know Steeda and some of the other manufacturers you some kind of poly bushing and grease them so the sway bars actually articulated in the mounts to diminish the false spring rate caused by rubber bushings. Maybe I’m talking myself into new sway bar mounts, lol
So this is a good question. It's called the sway bar "nominal position", and essentially, the sway bar's flat area where you mount that end of the endlink into the holes located there - to your point, some sway bars rotate freely in their bushings, some don't. As a result, the flat area will be seen to rotate upward or downward. Usually, the sway bar should come to rest in it's nominal position and you use that as a reference. A good idea is to take a pic before unbolting the stock components, and use this as a reference when putting stuff back together, in case the sway bar does rotate up or down.
If it moves, as a rule, that bar flat area should be somewhat parallel to the ground, with the sway bar being as perpendicular to the bar itself as possible. (Like a "T".)
One note, in the rear, even with the stock height and stock endlinks, the rear endlinks will be at an angle, so it won't be possible to get the rear perpendicular to the ground.

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I was impressed with the amount of shit you got for this post and wanted in on a bit of the action … :giggle:

I tried a bit of silicon ring adjustment wrap. We needed to buy some for my misses ring (on her finger :facepalm:). It’s as tight as it can be getting it over her knuckle, but it will still turn when it’s in place (it’s got a big rock :cwl:) due to her fingers and knuckles looking like Dumbledores wand …

1626611137481.jpeg

Anyhow, this came with the kit and I’m not sure how big of a ring band it was intended for, but it works perfectly and looks neat on the hood prop :

B1-AA8-A91-9-B8-E-4-F2-C-B47-A-BC738-F7-A6-D5-B.jpg

WD :like:
Haha that hood rod prop mod is awesome! I liked Ice445's, this is also good too

19s550gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 gt pp1
I really like the look of the bullitt grille! Did you get it from ebay or otherwise?
Yes sir just a cheap one off eBay! I got it for like $87! The main reason is because it is fully open on the air intake side!
thanks; Brian

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder whether I do the economy of the USA better by buying a car from a USA manufacturer that is made in another country or by buying a foreign manufacturer's car that is made in the USA.
the latter. manufacturing plants in country contribute to the economy. The former is just an accounting gimick and the profits are banked in the other country (or Ireland/Netherlands) in a fantastic rigging of corporate accounting.

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing , let the Mistress rest . Took out the side by side for a ride . Nice weather trail was wet , so no dust . In the last pic I can see where I work .
Resized_20210717_071636.jpeg
Resized_20210717_073030.jpeg
Resized_20210717_075403.jpeg

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
One more question, do you want the sway as level to the ground when doing all this.
generally speaking, yes. While you can obviously get close in the driveway, just go visit a wheel-alignment guy and while he's in there fixing your alignment loosen and adjust rod lengths.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
washed/spray wax and went to show off my detailing "prowess"

2021-07-18 11.50.42.jpg

and this guy showed up and took all the air out of my braggadocio.

2021-07-18 09.00.01.jpg

2021-07-18 08.57.41.jpg

2021-07-18 08.57.49.jpg

and to rub more salt into the wound for good measure:

2021-07-18 09.33.35.jpg

guy on left is a M6G member. (He can out himself if he wants.)

2021-07-18 08.47.59.jpg

And talk about 'air-cooled' snobbery :) At least it had 6MT.

2021-07-18 09.53.26.jpg

Last edited:

Blithe16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT '19 a10
I know it’s not a Mustang but I know what Mik said, it’s time to take care of the other car. So my wife got the love today. Glass to the ass. Look at the reflection on the hood. Just the second coat.
E8E1AD8E-E89A-4D79-B5D7-BAA80E753CC6.jpeg
Did Mik say something about his charger and cleaning all cars, or was it BMW related regarding the unclean feeling he gets? :giggle:

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
washed/spray wax and went to show off my detailing "prowess"

2021-07-18 11.50.42.jpg

and this guy showed up and took all the air out of my braggadocio.

2021-07-18 09.00.01.jpg

2021-07-18 08.57.41.jpg

2021-07-18 08.57.49.jpg

and to rub more salt into the wound for good measure:

2021-07-18 09.33.35.jpg

guy on left is a M6G member. (He can out himself if he wants.)

2021-07-18 08.47.59.jpg

And talk about 'air-cooled' snobbery :) At least it had 6MT.

2021-07-18 09.53.26.jpg
Great pics , I always get left out at these things . Do you happen to have any pics of the Lotes parked next to the Lambo ?

MNstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Yes sir just a cheap one off eBay! I got it for like $87! The main reason is because it is fully open on the air intake side!
thanks; Brian
Nice 👍🏻 how long did install take? Fitment seem decent?
Sponsored