Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I am having the same problem. Steeda engineering days they have never had this problem. Did they allow you to return it ?
I can attest - I have never heard of this issue/concern. Let me see what I can uncover from our engineering team - we use the same STB on our Performance Vehicles & have not seen a service report come through for one.

Send me your contact info so I can have it on file - please send to [email protected]

Thank you.

TJ
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
removed my steeda strut tower brace. nothing i could do would make it stay torqued down. loctite, new nuts, etc. nothing worked. always had to retorque after like 200-300 miles. i partially blame their plastic/rubber spacers as they were deformed when i removed them just from 35ftlbs.
And you were using the nylon locking nuts? I'll have our team double-check the units we have on our development cars but we haven't had any issues - so unsure what may be taking place.

Let me do some research.

TJ

Crayon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Ecoboost "Maggie"
Just ordered the rokblokz in black. Looking at yours, I can't de ide if I want to switch to the red or not.

And which spoiler did you get?
Thanks! I really am glad I chose the bolder red than the black.They really do help keep it cleaner. The spoiler is a cheap one I found on ebay. I didn't want to drill in my trunk and so I found this one. I am not too happy with the actual fitment because I messed up part of the tape. But, I hope to fix it soon. There is no fear of it falling off but I'm a perfectionist.
"15-2020 Ford Mustang S550 H Style Painted Glossy Blk Rear Trunk Spoiler Wing"
For the price I can accept its flaws.

Scooter MGee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
'20 MGT, '18 H-D Fat Bob 131ci, '17 Yaris
And you were using the nylon locking nuts? I'll have our team double-check the units we have on our development cars but we haven't had any issues - so unsure what may be taking place.

Let me do some research.

TJ
Hey TJ,

I was having the same issue. The nuts supplied with the bar were stripping one by one at the mentioned 36ft.lb torque having to re-torque them after each drive. I replaced them with Grade 8 nylock nuts from McMaster-Carr. All was good up till the last time I drove the car and just for poops and giggles I checked the nuts again. The nuts on the 2 strut bolts were again 1/2 to 3/4 of a turn loose after the drive. This has only been on the strut bolts, not on the bolts mounted to the strut tower. I'm not sure if this is the metal flanges conforming to the angle once mounted or the aforementioned nylon spacers used under the flanges.

Last edited:

Crayon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Ecoboost "Maggie"
21CFE3C5-AE82-41FC-AE05-F95168981254.jpeg

Last year they rescinded the requirement for a front license plate in our province. I painted a couple of plugs and inserted them in the holes left by the bolts holding the plate on.
I wish Colorado would get rid of that requirement too.

Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Roush axle back exhaust installed on my 19 GT this morning. More volume and better tone without being super loud. As quiet as stock when driving like grandma and zero drone.

IMG_20200703_122447_copy_1600x900.jpg

Last edited:

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium

Let me do some research.

TJ
yes i tried that. i think it may have to do with my pedder's strut mounts as well. two aftermarket components together sometimes just don't jive. but the spacer material does not seem sufficient

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am having the same problem. Steeda engineering days they have never had this problem. Did they allow you to return it ?
i had it on my car for a while so i wouldn't expect to return it. i'll be selling it most likely

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Looked at it in the garage, AGAIN!!! lol
Hopefully I can take her out tomorrow for America's Birthday and let the screaming eagles out of my exhaust pipes! :flag:

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have the firewall brace as well?
looks like there was something just on the passenger side. that's why the spacers were needed. i feel like if this unit had a different design where you didn't need spacers (i have a non PP) then it would be fine

Sponsored

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Thanks! I really am glad I chose the bolder red than the black.They really do help keep it cleaner. The spoiler is a cheap one I found on ebay. I didn't want to drill in my trunk and so I found this one. I am not too happy with the actual fitment because I messed up part of the tape. But, I hope to fix it soon. There is no fear of it falling off but I'm a perfectionist.
"15-2020 Ford Mustang S550 H Style Painted Glossy Blk Rear Trunk Spoiler Wing"
For the price I can accept its flaws.
I also bought a cheap ebay track pack spoiler. For the money, it was acceptable. But it was only held down with the tape. The ends were starting to come up, so I went and pulled it off. Now I'm looking for a new one.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
removed my steeda strut tower brace. nothing i could do would make it stay torqued down. loctite, new nuts, etc. nothing worked. always had to retorque after like 200-300 miles. i partially blame their plastic/rubber spacers as they were deformed when i removed them just from 35ftlbs.
I noticed that myself. If those spacers were made out of aluminum (could make them black anodized) it would help stiffen up the whole tightened down assembly.

skinnysaurus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Recovering from psychological trauma related to AC evaporator and compressor failure.
063646A3-5957-450F-A1F9-B16CDCD1305F.jpeg
Sponsored