Sponsored

What did you do to your GT350 today?

Doskiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
That metal frame isn't really going to relax, its more the padding of the bolsters that relax. And that's going to take some miles for that to happen.

Curious as to what's actually supporting the bolsters now that those metal pieces are removed? If that was it, I couldn't help to think that seat will look rough in no time. Be sure and post an update on that a few months from now, I'd say there's a few on here that would be curious how it holds up.
For me there were not many options for comfort:

1. Do nothing and drive the car in pain.
2. Mod the existing seats for comfort and keeping the authentic look.
3. Totally replace the seats with something that would fit me loosing
authenticity and adding a great expense.

I chose option 2 for now and I will see where this goes. If I have to end up replacing the seats down the road ........ so be it. I would of had to replace them in the factory configuration anyway so I could drive the car.

An extra layer of foam was added to the bottom for "feel" and the ears that were cut were used as a pattern for foam that was used to replace the cavities where the bolster used to be.
Sponsored

uabeng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150; 2017 GT350
For me there were not many options for comfort:

1. Do nothing and drive the car in pain.
2. Mod the existing seats for comfort and keeping the authentic look.
3. Totally replace the seats with something that would fit me loosing
authenticity and adding a great expense.

I chose option 2 for now and I will see where this goes. If I have to end up replacing the seats down the road ........ so be it. I would of had to replace them in the factory configuration anyway so I could drive the car.

An extra layer of foam was added to the bottom for "feel" and the ears that were cut were used as a pattern for foam that was used to replace the cavities where the bolster used to be.
I would have opted to get some of the "comfy" non recaro gt350 seats and just store the R seats in attic covered up, etc.

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Pulled the R out of storage for the second time in 8 months. I love my 16 Tech but the R is just so sweet. Got it all cleaned up and ready to move into the new garage this Friday.

scannon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Skip
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2016 Miata (BBR turbo), '18 Subaru WRX
Took it to a C&C this morning. It was a benefit for an animal rescue place. I wasn't aware of it but a group of people went around the show of about 200 cars and casually judged them.

When I was about to leave a woman came up to me and said there was a note on my windshield asking me to not leave. A fellow came around collecting the notes and handing out prizes of gift cards to the merchants in the surrounding area. My car won the best of show. I got a $20 card to an Outback Steak House and I didn't even dust off the pollen before going to the show. Most of it blew off on the way to the show.

The woman that alerted me to the note was there shepherding a group of boys from a shelter for abused children. Earlier I had run into the group and could tell these boys knew nothing about cars so they tagged along with me and I told them things about most of the cars. They were very polite and aware they should not touch the cars. The kids live in and are schooled in the shelter and rarely do they get to leave it and only when chaperoned by a school councilor.

I am friends with the owner of a large independent Ferrari restoration and maintenance shop near my home and I discussed with the woman the possibility of taking a group of the boys there for a visit. We will work out the details and see what happens. I asked where the shelter was located and she said it was secret to protect the kids from their abusers. She did give me a phone number to coordinate the excursion.

Sponsored

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
That’s a truly touching story, your kind deed will be remembered by many. Any time you can reach out to anyone young who has been abused and can show them someone cares can go a long way for them, you will also be enriched. Thanks for sharing and good luck and have a great time, I just hope the home doesn’t back down and say no

scannon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Skip
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2016 Miata (BBR turbo), '18 Subaru WRX
The woman said these boys have been conditioned by their abusers to think that no one cares about them or would be kind to them. I encouraged them to talk to the car other owners as car people are generally good and friendly people. I noticed them later in the day in a group around many different car owners listening politely to their stories.

As I was about to leave they all came to my car shook my hand and thanked me. I invited them to stand behind the car when I started it. I went immediately into open exhaust mode and gave them a few blips of the throttle. The ones I could see in the mirrors had big smiles on their faces as I pulled away making as much noise as possible while going slow out of the lot.

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Great story and very important to note that a friendly gesture in just hanging out with the boys will go such a long way.

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
Got it up on stands today and realized the dealer left off some of the spoiler hardware, the bolts that go in at a 45 degree angle to be exact. Still blows my mind that so many dealers have no idea or just don't care how they handle their vehicles.

Sponsored

zzrat

Threads
Reaction score
Deerfield,Indiana Land of Moonshine & Critters
Vehicle(s)
GR245 Radioless
Sunday evening had the opportunity to go visit mom & dad. I had been keeping the 350 a secret from them knowing it would be sometime before I really had the chance to show them the car in person. Well mom wasn't up to coming outside but seen it thru the window & dad was given a rather you say a" spirited" ride. They are now 78 & 82 yrs young.

He was really impressed with the power & I mentioned that it was still being broke in so it had a little more to give. We also stopped by to introduce the 350 to my sister-in-law & her son & daughter (16,18). Timing couldn't have been better as he was just getting home & was as an excited young man that you could ever imagine & really knows the cars!

So after dropping dad back home gave the nephew a short ride & as we were getting back to his home he imagined that his father would have loved this car to.I said yes he would have, he always wanted a Shelby. My brother passed 10 yrs ago from ALS & today would be his birthday.

Guys, life is very short as we learn about it. These are special cars to us. Drive'm,share'm, enjoy them.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
left one of my back seats down after my saturday cleaning...so i could enjoy the sounds of the resonator delete today

jefc73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff GTFO_0019
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Put on a Borla ATAK catback on my R. :thumbsup:
20180608_120213 (002).jpg
20180610_155319 (002).jpg
20180610_155344 (002).jpg
20180610_155517 (002).jpg