Sponsored

What did you do to your GT350 today?

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
Just dropped her off at Limitless Motorworks for the shifter, and springs change as well as the full Monty Steeda suspension and chassis upgrade, except I already had Vorslag front camber plates, they also said they would coordinate with the alignment guy and get her there to get a custom alignment done
Can’t wait

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Just dropped her off at Limitless Motorworks for the shifter, and springs change as well as the full Monty Steeda suspension and chassis upgrade, except I already had Vorslag front camber plates, they also said they would coordinate with the alignment guy and get her there to get a custom alignment done
Can’t wait
Would definitely love to hear your feedback & we are just down the road in Pompano Beach if you need anything - I am sure you will be very happy with the results.

Best Regards,

TJ

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
Thanks to the Steeda rep I worked with, we went thru the list and then before allowing me to order he verified that all the parts were GT 350 friendly and then threw in a discount and a shirt, also told me one part was delayed but when it shipped everything was there.
The total time was less than an hour and 3 calls , customer service at its best.
The guys at limitless motor works very happy that I went with Steeda, they said they have used these parts before and they are happy with the install and performance

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Completed the first oil change today. No issues except for my torque wrench required an adapter to fit a socket to the filter wrench. I need to buy a better 3/8" drive torque wrench. It was almost impossible to get the filter wrench, socket, and atapter onto the filter. Had to angle it and force it over the filter for lack of room. New torque wrench that won't require and adapter is on the way. That should solve the clearance issue.

Sponsored

DocWalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I've been toddling around this week with BG Synchro Shift II and then Motul Multi DCTF in my transmission. Debating going back to the stock ATF, I'm undecided...

The ATF felt super notchy when shifting below ~95 F trans temp, like I was abusing the transmission. However, while the new fluids both felt way better in general use occasionally they'd just sorta pause while going into gear requiring a much more firm push/pull into gear. The stock ATF rarely did that.

The new fluids definitely feel better at lower temps, way smoother. I tried the BG II first and it was silky smooth above ~70 F trans temp. I swapped the fluid out for the DCTF and it's smooth from ~60 F trans temp.

Both new fluids feel great when shifting rapidly at higher RPM, FWIW. It's only the "normal driving to work" type stuff where all three fluids feel at their worst.

So the occasional hitch going into gear or feeling generally crappy all the time? Hmm...

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
I've been toddling around this week with BG Synchro Shift II and then Motul Multi DCTF in my transmission. Debating going back to the stock ATF, I'm undecided...

The ATF felt super notchy when shifting below ~95 F trans temp, like I was abusing the transmission. However, while the new fluids both felt way better in general use occasionally they'd just sorta pause while going into gear requiring a much more firm push/pull into gear. The stock ATF rarely did that.

The new fluids definitely feel better at lower temps, way smoother. I tried the BG II first and it was silky smooth above ~70 F trans temp. I swapped the fluid out for the DCTF and it's smooth from ~60 F trans temp.

Both new fluids feel great when shifting rapidly at higher RPM, FWIW. It's only the "normal driving to work" type stuff where all three fluids feel at their worst.

So the occasional hitch going into gear or feeling generally crappy all the time? Hmm...
I changed to the MGW when i did the BG fluids, so i cannot make as good a comparison on the fluid as you. I’m not positive which mod to attribute what to...but it’s an improvement for sure. I have not had one incident where i had an issue getting it all the way into 1st since installing both.

I love the non wobbly crams into 3rd, there’s no guessing if it’s in first at a stop light, and second is better on cold mornings.

DocWalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I changed to the MGW when i did the BG fluids, so i cannot make as good a comparison on the fluid as you. I’m not positive which mod to attribute what to...but it’s an improvement for sure. I have not had one incident where i had an issue getting it all the way into 1st since installing both.

I love the non wobbly crams into 3rd, there’s no guessing if it’s in first at a stop light, and second is better on cold mornings.
I do really want to do an MGW, not allowed to for my autocross class :(

I occasionally had it not want to go all the way into first and kick back out when I released the clutch. No issues with that now.

My biggest issue is the 1-2 shifts, and occasionally random other shifts. Just seems like a notchy transmission for around town use... which just makes me want to get on track more. Too bad it's winter, 20 degree wind chills today and it's ~10 degree wind chills now. It's only going to get worse from here. At least I have another car to drive when it gets really bad, lol

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Coated new wheels, admired new wheels while enjoying a cold brewschloski, installed wheels, stood back and took in the awesomness.
Ermagawd dat ass!!!
Yeah,.........that is nothing nice bro. Looks killer. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Well was going to do the "Green Filter" today, but they sent me the wrong size. Plus it was the "oiled" one...Grrrrrrrrrr...so brushed off the stocker and back in she went. Checked oil as well. Still good, will change at 3k or near...sitting at 2120 now.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack

I've been trying to find the best fluid for the gearbox as well, for the same reason. ATF (doesn't matter which one) is notchy and occasionally gives a bit of a grind on the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts.

Today I'm using XT-11-QDC with a half-dose of XL18 (it's all I had) and it shifts way better once it gets over about 50 degrees and it's never ground, not even once. I'm going to keep looking for a better cold shift though - the next fluids on my list are the ACDelco Friction Modified MTF and perhaps one of the DCT fluids like Pentosin FFL3. Of course the search ends when I find a fluid I like.

Last edited:

DocWalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
So far the Motul Multi DCTF seems to be a pretty good compromise for the transmission oil. I've got ~300 miles on the new fluid and I'm liking it so far. The trans seems to shift acceptably when cold (20 degrees F transmission temp), not terribly notchy feeling and with the rare "have to push/pull the stick harder for no apparent reason" issue. When it warms up it feels pretty much silky smooth with the occasional slightly mechanical notchy feeling.

My only real question is the gear pump in the trans with the slightly thicker viscosity, but it's not a huge difference. The BGII fluid is a LOT thicker so I'd be a bit more concerned for cold weather use.

In my opinion, the Motul DCTF is a big improvement over the factory LV ATF in shifting feel and it should provide better protection for track use as well.

Last edited:

Bcobb85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Coated new wheels, admired new wheels while enjoying a cold brewschloski, installed wheels, stood back and took in the awesomness.

Ermagawd dat ass!!!
Looks great! I plan to be rocking the same setup soon.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
So far the Motul Multi DCTF seems to be a pretty good compromise for the transmission oil. I've got ~300 miles on the new fluid and I'm liking it so far. The trans seems to shift acceptably when cold (20 degrees F transmission temp), not terribly notchy feeling and with the rare "have to push/pull the stick harder for no apparent reason" issue. When it warms up it feels pretty much silky smooth with the occasional slightly mechanical notchy feeling.

My only real question is the gear pump in the trans with the slightly thicker viscosity, but it's not a huge difference. The BGII fluid is a LOT thicker so I'd be a bit more concerned for cold weather use.

The Motul DCTF is a big improvement over the factory LV ATF in shifting feel and it should provide better protection for track use as well.
Thanks - I'll give it a try!
Sponsored