Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Neighbors were fine with it. Some of them even came out to watch. The neighbors to my right were coming down the street in their Mustang as I was getting into the car during the slow-mo part. They're used to us making a whole bunch of noise all the time. :cheers:
I figured so. Haha

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
PEDAL MAX

20170630_142854_zpsfcfoiqqm.jpg

Installing this as soon as I get home in the R and see how it does. I hope it will significantly improve acceleration. Will let you guys know how it goes. I'll start at 60% and then try 100% throttle improvement. And she what I like best.
I TOOK VOODOOS ADVICE AND GOT ONE
As far as the install goes, i would suggest the following sequence

After putting on the silicone and connecting the module pieces together if u got the switch connect it as well
Push your car seat all the way back, don't forget to do this before you disconnect the battery
Then find the throttle module in your car unplug it, and immediately plug in the output side of the pedal max this way you won't be hunting for it after u disconnect the battery
After disconnecting the battery, connect the car's connector to the input side of the module, reconnect your battery, check for green light and start her up

Reset your clock, mine reset to an hour off
Reset your heads up display
Check radio settings
TPS will reset after u drive the car
Turn off the car
Now crawl under the dash upside down say a few adult words and tie wrap the module so it doesn't hang, you might want someone near by to pull you out if you get stuck between the seat and under the dash.
I used double stick tape to attach the dial switch to the dash, no screws.
And then go for a test run,OMG, what a difference, glad I got the dial so that I can turn it down when wife drives her. Normal mode is a great improvement, sport is too but it's a bit aggressive in sport so you got to go easy or just start at a lower setting and then dial in after you have it mastered

The hardest part was the tie wrapping!

Sponsored

VooDoo387R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R & 2020 GT500

After putting on the silicone and connecting the module pieces together if u got the switch connect it as well
Push your car seat all the way back, don't forget to do this before you disconnect the battery
Then find the throttle module in your car unplug it, and immediately plug in the output side of the pedal max this way you won't be hunting for it after u disconnect the battery
After disconnecting the battery, connect the car's connector to the input side of the module, reconnect your battery, check for green light and start her up

Check radio settings
Turn off the car
Now crawl under the dash upside down say a few adult words and tie wrap the module so it doesn't hang, you might want someone near by to pull you out if you get stuck between the seat and under the dash.
And then go for a test run,OMG, what a difference, glad I got the dial so that I can turn it down when wife drives her. Normal mode is a great improvement, sport is too but it's a bit aggressive in sport so you got to go easy or just start at a lower setting and then dial in after you have it mastered

Glad you liked it, I love mine, it takes a little to get used to it. But it's night and day in terms if acceleration.

Last edited:

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Glad you liked it, I love mine, it takes a little to get used to it. But it's night and day in terms if acceleration.
Does this box just change the throttle mapping or is there something else to it?

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Dropped by Cars and Coffee at OBI. State troopers had about 10 cars around with a checkpoint giving out tickets for anything they could find. Been driving the car for almost 2 years but I got hit with a front license plate ticket (not complaining as I could have avoided it by putting the plate on). What I was ignorant about is the ticket penalty is $200 +$95 surcharge :eyebulge:
Needless to say I ordered the ZL1 removable bracket kit that goes on the tow hook.
I was speaking to a guy with a Harley and they gave him a ticket for a frame around his license plate. It wasn't blocking any information. Apparently in NY you only should have a plate with two screws and that's it; no frames allowed :doh:

Here's a pic by the Robert Moses Bridge.
FullSizeRender.jpg

Sponsored

VooDoo387R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R & 2020 GT500
Does this box just change the throttle mapping or is there something else to it?
There's no HP or TQ to be had by this device. The throttle is very responsive when the JMS is set to 100% (the only way to go :headbang:). It takes all lag out between you mashing the pedal and the time it take to open the throttle body. So 20% throttle now feels like 80%, so there is a perception that it is faster in terms of power, but really it's the same it's always been. I really like mine, I'm happy with it, feels a like a new car.

garrettusa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350

Check radio settings
Turn off the car

Thanks for the tip mine gets here tomorrow and can't wait to install it!

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
Had a great track day. Was lead car out in A group showing a student some techniques he was working on. Several fast cars in this group with GT3s, a Viper, a very fast Z06....and many of them on Hoosiers. I was on my Cup2s and had a fabulous session. By the end of the session there was no one visible in my mirror when I was at the end of the long straight....this car really does amaze me each time I hit the track with it. It's just THAT good!

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
Had a great track day. Was lead car out in A group showing a student some techniques he was working on. Several fast cars in this group with GT3s, a Viper, a very fast Z06....and many of them on Hoosiers. I was on my Cup2s and had a fabulous session. By the end of the session there was no one visible in my mirror when I was at the end of the long straight....this car really does amaze me each time I hit the track with it. It's just THAT good!
Love hearing this.

I really need to take the ferry across and get some seat time (training time) with you.

Reactions: CSL