Sponsored

What did you do to your GT350 today?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
how long too get the front off like pic?
Depends. I pulled the large undertray and removed the three-part splitter prior to removing the fascia. The most cumbersome is accessing the hidden bolts inside the fender and in front of the plastic wheelwell. Beyond that, you need a good push-pin puller as they are everywhere. Two harness plugs on each side also need to be disconnected. After all of that is done it is easy for one person to handle the fascia as shown in the above photo as it is pretty light.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Depends. I pulled the large undertray and removed the three-part splitter prior to removing the fascia. The most cumbersome is accessing the hidden bolts inside the fender and in front of the plastic wheelwell. Beyond that, you need a good push-pin puller as they are everywhere. Two harness plugs on each side also need to be disconnected. After all of that is done it is easy for one person to handle the fascia as shown in the above photo as it is pretty light.
Yeah, don't forget to plug in the side marker lights. I started putting my wheels on when I remembered I had forgotten to :doh:. Luckily it was easy to do after peeling back the front portion of the wheel liner.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Not today, but very recently - track days! Spent 2 days at The Ridge and 1 day Portland International Raceway.

At PIR, me and another GT350 got to play together

[ame]

Best lap
[ame]

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Cool to see the old gen GT350 looking mustang on the track with the new.

Sponsored

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
you might ask lund about it, from reading your posts I think this is gonna bug ya lol. i don't have access to local dyno, but after my lund tune i could tell i was breaking traction more often and easier...the ole butt dyno. maybe you can do a log for them and let em check it out
Yup agreed -- this is gonna kill me, lol. It's just so disappointing. I started breaking traction not too long after my tune too, but then I realized it was about that time for some new tires, lol.

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Crossed the border with two of my daughters, went through Fernie, B.C., up over Crow's Nest Pass, then down the east side back to the states and home. Gorgeous views all along the Rocky Mountain Front on down to Glacier. Ever get a chance to drive it and see it, do it. Kudos to the Canucks on the maintenance of their roads.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Drove to cars and coffee yesterday in Houston. Saw 10 new Shelby Gt350s 3 of which were Rs and several 1960's Shelby GT350s. Numbers are strong in Houston.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spent some time roughing a bracket for a center mounted tow hook up front. Still needs additional gusseting, slotting for adjustment (if needed), trimming and cleanup but here's where I am now.

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Not today, but very recently - track days! Spent 2 days at The Ridge and 1 day Portland International Raceway.

At PIR, me and another GT350 got to play together

Best lap
Great video. How'd you get the gauges that show next to the tach to show up? Is that a function of the obd dongle or Harry's? With my dongle I only get the tach and throttle position.

Is the other camera the internal iPhone camera? Was it pulsating or did you solve they? My video is only the Internal iPhone Cabrera and it's annoying as it pulsates.

Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Great video. How'd you get the gauges that show next to the tach to show up? Is that a function of the obd dongle or Harry's? With my dongle I only get the tach and throttle position.

Is the other camera the internal iPhone camera? Was it pulsating or did you solve they? My video is only the Internal iPhone Cabrera and it's annoying as it pulsates.

[MENTION=29991]JT1[/MENTION] - thanks, brother.

The gauges are getting data from my Kiwi 3 that is plugged into my OBD2 port. In order to have HLT show them on your exported video, make sure to choose the "Extended" setting for OBD II Gadget (this is in the Overlay Configuration menu during video exporting).

Regarding video, the track oriented camera is my iPhone mounted to the windshield. My GoPro 5 is capturing the in-car stuff. I had the pulsating as well. To get rid of it, get a small neo magnet and stick it behind the camera (screen-side of the phone). I use double-sided tape to make sure it stays in place. The magnet will physically immobilize the image stabilizer that's freaking out and causing the pulsating.

zzrat

Threads
Reaction score
Deerfield,Indiana Land of Moonshine & Critters
Vehicle(s)
GR245 Radioless
Epiphany, Very nice fab work. Might want to consider a couple gauge heavier on the steel though!LOL Really looks good. How are you finishing the hook, a clevis?

Want to thank you & others here for taking time to post such great step x step pics. Thanks

Reactions: CSL

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Epiphany, Very nice fab work. Might want to consider a couple gauge heavier on the steel though!LOL Really looks good. How are you finishing the hook, a clevis?

Want to thank you & others here for taking time to post such great step x step pics. Thanks
Thanks.

I should have fabricated a hook too as I'm not that impressed with the one I have from ZL1 Add Ons but am going to try to use it anyway. I'm going to try to integrate a mount for a front plate too as the police in my neck of the woods hammer anyone that dares to drive a car without one.

Ford really needs to up their game and include a front hook on these cars. They already do on export models and I happen to have the hook that is included on them. We just don't get the welded nut to receive the hook or the hole/plug on the bumper. On a car designed to be tracked there is no excuse for the lack of a hook provision.

kartguy898

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 / 2016 F150 FX4
I checked my JLT catch can on the passenger side.. was thinking it would be dry, but nope, had about an ounce of oil after installing it ~ 300 miles ago.. all street driving.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Discovered there was a compartment in the glove box to hold the manual...

Attempted to shim my rear bumper back into alignment and failed
Sponsored