Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

Bagration

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT delivered 8 May 17
Had mine serviced yesterday for a 2-yearly service. $270.00 all told including oil and filter change. This was after a $100.00 deduction as part of the Ford Protect Owner Advantage 2 years additional warranty I took out.

They had a look at the noise I'm experiencing from the left rear suspension - sounds like the spring moving on the rubber mounting pad. They couldn't trace the noise and have called in Shockworks to advise as apparently a couple of other owners have experienced the same noise from the same location.

Driver's side puddle light replaced following the Pony showing dandruff.

They've ordered a new oil cooler without me asking as my car is covered by the TSB. They say it's not the seals but an issue with materials. I don't think the full story is known in dealer land but I'm going to go along with it just in case something does happen and it will in the car's service history.

Anyway, I always have the cars serviced at Sinclair Ford and have a good relationship with them. The one thing I always them is not to wash the car as it's Shadow Black! The AWE cat-back exhaust always sounds great when they drive it into the workshop.

All up, I'm very satisfied with the car and the level of service.
Glad that they are getting to the bottom of the noise with the shocks. I assume that your still happy with the set up?

So my service for the first year was $445 in Canberra. I assume this is about right for Canberra with a captive audience. Anyway the car has developed a rattle in the driver side air vent (far right not the centre dash) and a vibration in the parcel shelf on rough bitumen. Anyway I picked up the car and they said that they couldn't hear anything.

Right

So I got the service manager in the car and within 2 minutes of driving I identified the noise and they agreed I wasn't imagining things. Good to know. So the car will go back in at some point to get adjustment under warranty. :cool:

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Anyway the car has developed a rattle in the driver side air vent (far right not the centre dash
There is a well known rattle which originates from under the headlight switch/dial trim.

Apply a bit of pressure to that area and see if it temporarily disappears.

Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
Glad that they are getting to the bottom of the noise with the shocks. I assume that your still happy with the set up?

So my service for the first year was $445 in Canberra. I assume this is about right for Canberra with a captive audience. Anyway the car has developed a rattle in the driver side air vent (far right not the centre dash) and a vibration in the parcel shelf on rough bitumen. Anyway I picked up the car and they said that they couldn't hear anything.

Right

So I got the service manager in the car and within 2 minutes of driving I identified the noise and they agreed I wasn't imagining things. Good to know. So the car will go back in at some point to get adjustment under warranty. :cool:
Hi Paul,

I am very happy with the Shockworks, just about everyone who has them fitted goes for the "softest" setting which, if one drives mostly on city roads, is bordering on firm. I certainly wouldn't want it any firmer, and I still have a fair bit of sidewall with the 35 tyres.

I don't know, but since I got the car back, it does seem to be a bit more sprightly performance-wise. Also got a "free" satnav upgrade with the service.

I'm glad they heard the noise themselves - I think they knew what to expect as I'm not the first to experience it.

I would be a bit annoyed too in your situation but you seem to have pointed in the right direction by Drewbo!

Cheers,

TeamDenno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT V8 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Paul,

I am very happy with the Shockworks, just about everyone who has them fitted goes for the "softest" setting which, if one drives mostly on city roads, is bordering on firm. I certainly wouldn't want it any firmer, and I still have a fair bit of sidewall with the 35 tyres.

I don't know, but since I got the car back, it does seem to be a bit more sprightly performance-wise. Also got a "free" satnav upgrade with the service.

I'm glad they heard the noise themselves - I think they knew what to expect as I'm not the first to experience it.

I would be a bit annoyed too in your situation but you seem to have pointed in the right direction by Drewbo!

Cheers,
From what I know, there are 12 points of adjustment on the Shockworks Coilover kit... Mine is currently set on 9.

And on the open road on the Twisties, it's fantastic! Round town, it's a bit harsh though!

TeamDenno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT V8 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
^^^^ Goodness me! Hammo didn't mention anyone had them that high!

Is yours a daily driver?
No, not a daily.

Anthony reset them on one of the decent Sinclair's weekends. I mentioned I thought it was a bit soft, so he wound it up a bit!

Sponsored

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Anyway the car has developed a rattle in the driver side air vent (far right not the centre dash) and a vibration in the parcel shelf on rough bitumen. Anyway I picked up the car and they said that they couldn't hear anything.

Right

Had a similar experience recently. Took a recording of the noise for reference. Ironically the loan Mustang had the identical noise. I was told 1. we couldn't recreate the noise and 2. it's a characteristic of Mustangs due to the shape. Not sure how you can say 2. unless you've witnessed 1. but anyway...

It's a pet peeve of mine when dealers say 'we couldn't create the problem' - understand they can't fix it if they can't find it but assuming we don't invent problems so we can send time visiting dealerships I don't understand why they don't call and talk to you about it so you can suggest ways of recreating the problem. Just locks you into another visit to the dealer, which most folks don't seem to to enjoy as a pass time.

I've seen another Aust post here ref a noise from that area so it might be a 'thing' on our cars but not a 'characteristic'.

Have to say though that this dealership experience was among the best I've ever had so it's going back in a little while for more work.

Maaaark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2016 Mustang GT Fastback Manual
I've got a mystery rattle coming from the passenger side of the dash, and a creaky sound coming from the rear which may or may not be related to the suspension. And I've got 4,500km on the clock :headbonk:

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
I have a creaky sound coming from the rear too, when I get in and out of the car. Dealer says it's something Mustangs do and it will go in time. To me it sounds like the creaking you get in some cars when the handbrake isn't on properly and the car rolls very slightly. Maybe the bushings need to be clocked but next step is to find out what's actually causing it.

TeamDenno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT V8 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
MVIMG_20180506_113946.jpg

New bits added.... new Roush rear spoiler, and if you look carefully, Roush side rocker winglets

FB_IMG_1525608944972.jpg

You can sort of see the glimmer off the Big Mouth kit too

Dogo323

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Dropped it off to get an engine-back XForce exhaust with Varex mufflers installed.
The install will include a dyno tune

Pretty darn excited !
Sponsored