Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

Coyote 16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT
My Boomba sound tube delete kit arrived today. More than I can say for my car :-)
I was thinking of buying one these kits. Let me know how you go. How much was it too import? :cheers:

Bagration

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT delivered 8 May 17
Total price on receipt was (deep breath) $AUD104. The postage was just stupid ($US50) so double the price of the unit itself. But I had seen the kit fitted at the Canberra Mustang day and I was sold - the fitment looked very good and the owner said the install was straightforward. And after all it is a $65K car so what's $100 between friends......

Looking at it, the vendor is really not set up to sell outside of the US. The payment rejected against their site (4 times) and my bank rang me concerned that there was some kind of card fraud going on. Having said that I e-mailed them (the vendor) and within 24 hours they contacted me - got me to pay via paypal and the kit was on it's way. It arrived safe and sound (very nicely boxed and all). So the customer service - after an initial hiccup - is very good.

I'll report back once the pony car gets here :-)

MrMustang1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red mustang GT
lol I bought a grommet for the fire wall and rubber stopper from bunnings, (about $10 for a packet of 4 rubber chair stoppers at bunnings and $10 for a pack of 15 rubber blanking firewall grommets ebay) plus I already had a ss hose clamp the right size. Might have put a few kits together and sell them here make a few bucks ;)
Been working like a charm ever since I put them in to delete the sound tube.

Erez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Platinum GT Manual
I was thinking of buying one these kits.
Same here, but the shipping cost killed it. Ended up ordering the Blowfish Racing kit from AM, It's on its way, can't say I am too excited for the delete process as I hear its a PITA but getting rid of that useless plastic will be worth it.

Sponsored

Bagration

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Same here, but the shipping cost killed it. Ended up ordering the Blowfish Racing kit from AM, It's on its way, can't say I am too excited for the delete process as I hear its a PITA but getting rid of that useless plastic will be worth it.
what was the cost from AM?

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
The firewall grommets are available at Supercheap Auto 2 for under $10 and silicone blanking caps are available on ebay for under $10 delivered. Only cheaper option is a rubber chair foot but IMO the proper silicone caps look cleaner.

If people are willing to pay $100 for these then I'll put together and post kits within Aust for $50 :cheers:

Bagration

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
The firewall grommets are available at Supercheap Auto 2 for under $10 and silicone blanking caps are available on ebay for under $10 delivered. Only cheaper option is a rubber chair foot but IMO the proper silicone caps look cleaner.

If people are willing to pay $100 for these then I'll put together and post kits within Aust for $50 :cheers:
And I think this is the problem in Australia. With the US aftermarket marketplace there are plenty of vendors who are making good quality products locally for a big customer base. But with only 8000 or so cars in Australia (and far fewer of those would be enthusiasts cars who are interested in third party products), there is not huge incentive to make kits such as this. Or a dozen other products besides.

For me I'm (unwillingly) chalking it up to experience - because I certainly was gritting my teeth as I hit the checkout button :doh:.

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
For me I'm (unwillingly) chalking it up to experience - because I certainly was gritting my teeth as I hit the checkout button :doh:.
I almost bought one myself. I was having a hard time swallowing the cost of the "kit" and then I saw the postage and there was no way I could do it so looked around and came up with the above.

RubyVert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Maggie the GT...
I'm pretty sure that quite a few of the ebay sellers use higher postage to squeeze extra money out of the sale or cover the fees that ebay charges.
I've been looking at banners for the garage - $12 US each but $22.95 for shipping and they won't combine shipping which they could easily do - makes me very suss about it, will keep looking thanks.

Cheers

J

Sponsored

sharks1in50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
My GT350 start button, Black wheel nuts and fitted sun visor turned up yesterday. New slim spoiler from CARiD turned up last Friday. Have US lower grill on the way. Already have borla touring cat back, diode dynamics switchbacks, boomba sound pipe delete kit, upr catch can sitting in my garage.... now I just need a car then I can book in paint protection, tints and steeda progressive springs.

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
I'm pretty sure that quite a few of the ebay sellers use higher postage to squeeze extra money out of the sale or cover the fees that ebay charges.
I've been looking at banners for the garage - $12 US each but $22.95 for shipping and they won't combine shipping which they could easily do - makes me very suss about it, will keep looking thanks.

Cheers

J
Postage from the US IS expensive, but it's well known that eBay doesn't charge fees on postage and handling so it's, as you say, a good way to squeeze some
more profit out of a low margin game.

Sturty91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Manual
[MENTION=28138]Ro369[/MENTION] looks fantastic mate!

Steel pony

Ayjay
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 RUBY RED GT
Looks awesome Rohan
The red pin stripe makes a huge difference:eyebulge:
Sponsored