Sponsored

Welp...5 months in...

Reaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
Regardless, now I have to take it to a collision center/body shop. I NEVER trust anything in the NOVA area. I DAMN guarantee they won't get my car back to original OEM or matching paint (Ingot silver) even if I bitch about it.
If you are in the NOVA area, check out Quality Auto Repair in Fairfax, VA. I've had great luck with them in the past for body work - decent prices and excellent service.
Sponsored

hawkbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium PP
Yup I am in the same boat - but mine got backed into while parked and I was in the grocery store - no note, no one waited - just a big stupid hand print over the area they hit.

Had the car 2 weeks, no plates even.

The camera was pointed the other way at that moment......

Goes in for work next week.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
I made it 4 days :frusty: This was back in November.

Son's friend dumped the clutch pedal after he cranked it and didn't check the shifter. And he drives a manual. Right into my garage door frame.

Zay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with the Roush front fascia, I couldn't wait to get backed into to replace mine, but I was able to sell my stock GT grilles to an ecoboost owner for 200 bucks lol
image.jpg

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Sorry to see this... From that picture your hood is definitely rippled from the force of the impact. I would imagine parts that will need to be replaced would be the hood, bumper, headlight, fog light assembly, possibly grille, lower splitter, with some repair work to the fender.

Sponsored

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
NO!!!

Do not use a Ford body shop. Dealer body shop guys are HACKS!

Not everyone is the same. I've taken several cars to McCoy and Mills Ford's bodyshop in Fullerton, CA including an 05 Mustang GT last year and an 08 Chevy Aveo5. Both cars came out wonderfully and you would never know they were previously damaged. Considering the Mustang was an 05 like I said, they did a pretty amazing paint job on the rear to not look out of place.

mikef523

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang eco, 17 explorer, 17 Jaguar F-Pace
NO!!!

Do not use a Ford body shop. Dealer body shop guys are HACKS!

please, everyone on this board heed my advice. Know who you will use for a body shop NOW, before you need it. I don't care if I am 1,000 miles away. Should my car ever need body work, I know the shop where it's going. Have built that trust up over 25 years.

And take your car to your trusted body shop and leave it with them. They will handle the adjusters and estimates. Don't go to your insurance adjuster place, make them come to you. And NEVER use the insurance "preferred" body shop.
That sounds more like an opinion to me, Not a fact. Can you speak for every Ford body shop in the whole country? I think not.
In my life, I have used the Ford body shops for repairs in Michigan, and in Texas, and I have been completely satisfied every time (around 5 times). The work was excellent, and the paint was a perfect match.
Sounds like you had a bad experience at one Ford dealer. So now you slam all of them.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
A lot of dealership bodyshops are leased out and are not owned/run but the dealership. Just drive around and look at a few shop and check out the cars they are putting out the front door. Look for a clean shop that does high production for a repair like this. Also ask your insurance company who they would recommend in your area.

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
My 11/19 build has been in and out of the body shop since day 5 when I curbed it. I just picked it up again after the 4th repaint do to factory paint releasing contaminants. So happy I had mine fixed at the Ford dealer as they fixed the factory paint.

OP
OP

WhiteMuscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang
OEM

Anybody know how you can tell if the replacement parts are original OEM parts when getting the car fixed?

Sponsored

Edyuly

Paxton supercharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I agree with the Roush front fascia, I couldn't wait to get backed into to replace mine, but I was able to sell my stock GT grilles to an ecoboost owner for 200 bucks lol
Do you have any more pics. Didn't mean to thread jack.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Anybody know how you can tell if the replacement parts are original OEM parts when getting the car fixed?
They will have stickers on them with the Ford part number

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Really very fixable, even if it sucks. A good body shop will match the paint spot on. I had to have my 2007 MKZ repaired a month before my 15 arrived; even on 7 year old paint it was very hard to tell where the work had been done. I could find it, but no one looking to buy it said anything. I have had repairs done to newer cars that I literally could not find afterward. That should be your experience. I'd guess $3K+. These cars have very expensive parts.

OP
OP

WhiteMuscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang
Feared

Welp...My fear was answered.

I got to see my mustang out of the paint shop. It looked fine from the brief moment i saw it. However, I went to see it because they got confused with the license plate holder "sto' n sho'". They actually drilled holes on top of the fender where the grille is. :frusty: They had it upside down and obviously in the wrong place. They also had like "extension nails" to get it on. :headbonk: They said they can cover it up and make it look as if nothing happened. :tsk:

I showed them it was supposed to go under the car where the splash guard normally is. I looked under there and it is TOTALLY DIFFERENT from before the accident. There is nothing I can do at this point about that. It also looks like the sto n sho is moot now that the bottom is not the same. I wonder if I should let them know don't install the license plat holder, just fix the holes?

Nonetheless, my fear came to fruition, I can't look at my car the way it did before the crash. It's altered in some way. My plan is to use it for 5-6 years and then get rid of it. I'm extremely upset that I purchase my first car, saving all that money, and trashed within FIVE MONTHS even though it wasn't my fault. This is going to be the biggest memory I have of it. I drive carefully and intelligently, yes, intelligently and there was nothing I could do but minimize the damage done.

Fucking DC people...Rant over.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
^^^ Sounds like a 3 Stooges body shop! :doh:
Sponsored