Sponsored

Weird ticking noise at cold start

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Morning everyone, I recently started hearing this weird ticking noise every time I cold start the car. Any idea what this could be? The sound start at around 4sc. I will record another video and capture the sound more clearly.

[ame]
Sponsored

Jetset335

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Amaury, this is exactly the same sound as mine. The question is if this is normal or not. There is a new thread about cam phaser ti-vct noise (11/7). That is what we are hearing, I think.

Fenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Shadow Black
I believe that is valve train noise that happens until oil gets pumped to the top of the engine.

OP
OP
Amaury

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
I changed the oil and sound appeared like 2 months later and just like 500 miles after the oil change

Tash Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 White Mustang GT
Same thing happens to me and I have no clue why. Also there is a weird rpm fluctuation. Car doesnt idle properly and when I come to a stop in neutral the rpms stay around 1.5k rpm for about a second until they drop. This kind of things happen until the car gets warmed up.

Sponsored

CooterK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot GT PP
This is an exhaust leak. It's coming from the little bracket welded on to the driver side joint, there is a small hole from the welder getting too hot. It requires the dealer to swap out the entire drivers side header and cat, so it's a pain in the ass. I'd throw on your stock exhaust if you have it just to avoid the dealer blaming an aftermarket exhaust install.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
This is an exhaust leak. It's coming from the little bracket welded on to the driver side joint, there is a small hole from the welder getting too hot. It requires the dealer to swap out the entire drivers side header and cat, so it's a pain in the ass. I'd throw on your stock exhaust if you have it just to avoid the dealer blaming an aftermarket exhaust install.
If he had an exhaust leak before the cats then wouldn't it trigger a cel?

CooterK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot GT PP
If he had an exhaust leak before the cats then wouldn't it trigger a cel?
It's after the cats. The header, cat, and flex joint are all one piece. The leak is in the joint where it connects to the cat back.

OP
OP
Amaury

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Now that you say that, I noticed by exhaust is not aligned. Passenger side sticks out more than drivers side. The car was perfect the other time I look at the tips while washing the car.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Might be resonator rattle when cold. Does the noise go away after the car warms up?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Amaury

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Well, it goes away after couple of seconds.

Boggus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT PP
Mine sounds like it's coming from the passenger side, front of motor by the compressor
Sponsored