Sponsored

Waving

markology

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Do fellow Mustang drivers wave at one another? I'm new to the mustang world. I have a 15 GT. Today, I thought I saw a Shelby (don't know what year) trailing me, but never passing me. He could easily have (it was street driving), but seemed to have purposely trailed my left side.

Anyway. I have seen other Mustang drivers. They never waved or looked. But other muscle cars (Challengers, especially), have given what I would call an aggressive look.
Sponsored

Last edited:

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
Do fellow Mustang drivers wave at one another? I'm new to the mustang world. I have a 15 GT. Today, I thought I saw a Shelby (don't know what year) trailing me, but never passing me. He couldn't have (it was street driving), but seemed to have purposely trailed my left side.

Anyway. I have seen other Mustang drivers. Never waved or looked. But other muscle cars (Challenger, especially), gave what I would called an aggressive look.
I have greeted other '15 owners on the road by honking. Other Mustang drivers won't look; it seems.

OP
OP

markology

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I have only seen 2 other '15 owners. Both times, there were not within distance for me to acknowledge them. But yeah, other Mustang owners seem to pretend I'm not there, while others muscle car owners seem to want to race me. Very odd reactions from different parties.

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Do fellow Mustang drivers wave at one another?
It is extremely rare. I am not sure why.:shrug:
Non-stang drivers, on the other hand, go out of their way to wave, thumbs-up, compliment it and/or take pictures.

It'll all die down, soon, I would imagine, then no one will care. :p

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
I have only seen 2 other '15 owners. Both times, there were not within distance for me to acknowledge them. But yeah, other Mustang owners seem to pretend I'm not there, while others muscle car owners seem to want to race me. Very odd reactions from different parties.
Agreed. F-350s and all kinds of cars want to race without antagonization. This car seems to make people plumb ornery as the Okies say.

Sponsored

OP
OP

markology

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
What will die down soon?

I can't help but to laugh. This is really strange. You hear Jeep Wrangler drivers wave at one another. Yet, I have noticed that all Mustang owners pretend I'm not even there. I look at them, hoping to catch their eyes so I can say hello. But they look straight ahead or in the other direction. Very strange behavior, I must say.

A Polite Canadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT 6MT
I do it as mutual respect for a great choice in automobiles. Not just waving, but parking beside as well. Maybe not everyone gets it, but come on, coming out of the store and finding another 'stang parked beside you. Classic.

OP
OP

markology

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I do it as mutual respect for a great choice in automobiles. Not just waving, but parking beside as well. Maybe not everyone gets it, but come on, coming out of the store and finding another 'stang parked beside you. Classic.
That's what I would think. I will want to wave or acknowledge them in some ways too. But no, complete disregard from fellow Stang owners.

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
What will die down soon?
The excitement of something new, especially when tons will be seen everywhere.
I can't help but to laugh. This is really strange. You hear Jeep Wrangler drivers wave at one another. Yet, I have noticed that all Mustang owners pretend I'm not even there. I look at them, hoping to catch their eyes so I can say hello. But they look straight ahead or in the other direction. Very strange behavior, I must say.
I have owned 2 Wranglers back-to-back, and you are right, the drivers are more social. It's much more of a "brotherly" (and sisterly!) mentality.

I don't get it, either. Maybe the ones who've owned Mustangs already are too cool for us noobs? :shrug:

Sponsored

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
I park next to the Camaros. :D

wildsailor

This Club for me?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
You can wave if you want but road courtesy and friendliness is going the way of the ditch. My 'other car' is actually a motorcycle. Motorcyclists used to wave at each other. The last two or so years have seen that practice drop to probably less than 1/4 of the riders. I keep waving though.

Now, regarding the other Mustang drivers...well, right now there is a considerable amount of disrespect being bestowed on the S550 by some of them. Give it time and it will disperse. Waving at some of these people may actually cause enhanced anger issues.

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
Back in the late 80s and 90s, people always flashed their lights once or twice to say hi to another Mustang owner. They would do it to my Dad and when I got mine it would happen to me as well. Today in this self obsessed society we live in, it appears no one really cares anymore unless you have some exotic or something. I've gotten looks when I'm driving and thumbs up by kids but only one older Mustang owner flashed his lights at me because he appeared to be in his 50s driving a 2013.
It's weird that they younger generation doesn't seem to care as much (at least from what I can see) so I'm hoping things will get better because everything old usually comes back around again. Lol. I'm also hoping other S550 owners in my area will come on sites like this and will acknowledge each other more when on the road.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Do fellow Mustang drivers wave at one another? I'm new to the mustang world. I have a 15 GT. Today, I thought I saw a Shelby (don't know what year) trailing me, but never passing me. He could easily have (it was street driving), but seemed to have purposely trailed my left side.

Anyway. I have seen other Mustang drivers. They never waved or looked. But other muscle cars (Challengers, especially), have given what I would call an aggressive look.
Think about how many Mustangs are sold and what is the population that buys them - pretty much everyone - most of which don't really identify themselves with the car as much as people here do. It's an extremely popular car, not that different than Camry in popularity (exaggerating here but get the idea)...

WatchSquid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
93 Reef Blue Mustang convertible
I still wave, but yes, get very few responses.
Sponsored