Sponsored

Want to heel-toe like a champ? Look no further.

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
thats what I try to do but the gas pedal is still too recessed. Pressing PP brakes down all the way to try to be able to reach the gas is slamming on the brakes and heavily loading the front during braking.
Sponsored

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
The spacer is a bit of a waste of money, your local hardware store that sells hillman products will sell spacers for each bolt on the gas pedal and you can space it how you want. Currently I don't need spacers, running Carbotech XP-10's front and rear at the track with the Steeda pedal. I have the spacers in standby in case I run different pads or the brake pedal gets stiffer for some reason.

jpilone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I just did a track day yesterday. I rev-matched by rotating my right foot to the gas pedal while braking to blip the throttle. No pedal add ons needed, though I would see how this addition would make it easier, but I'd end up hitting it during daily use and it would get annoying.

I have wide fat feet

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
There is truth to this^... but you can use the side of your foot and roll it off the brake to the gas. It would be nice if we could adjust the brake pedal throw distance.
thats what I try to do but the gas pedal is still too recessed. Pressing PP brakes down all the way to try to be able to reach the gas is slamming on the brakes and heavily loading the front during braking.
We are thinking the same - finding a way to adjust the brake pedal
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43184

Any ideas?

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
I just did a track day yesterday. I rev-matched by rotating my right foot to the gas pedal while braking to blip the throttle. No pedal add ons needed, though I would see how this addition would make it easier, but I'd end up hitting it during daily use and it would get annoying.

I have wide fat feet
How hard were you braking? Would you think the same can be achieved in street driving?

Plus wide fat feet, you must have super flexible ankle. If I try my hardest to heel-toe (street driving btw), I can do it but then my right ankle and knee would feel like almost dislodged.

Sponsored

jpilone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I did it like senna. See here

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
That's how I've always done it. Just with more masculine shoes.

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
That's how I did it too (in my previous car). But for some reason (pedal configuration) I just can not do it comfortably in my Mustang V6.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I did it like senna. See here

This is how I do it too. No problems when driving quickly.
[MENTION=17191]mindys[/MENTION]

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
pretty much how im trying to do it but i dont have big wide feet. Tried it plenty of times, my shoes barely miss the gas pedal due to the recess

Sponsored

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
If your feet are not wide, you just need to turn them more, or run the steeda cover, and install it to make up the difference. If I do need to move the gas pedal further towards me, I run washers, or spacers from the local (good) hardware store.

Budwise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I think it's all in practice honestly. If you have a GT PP (this is the only one i have experience with) then no costly pedals or extensions are needed, just practice! I knew after my first few HPDE's that I was going to need to learn so I started using heel/toe every day all day during my daily driving. It didn't take long learning with my 2013GT and my 15GT PP is no different.

[ame]

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
We should really be asking what size shoes, and type of shoes as well I guess, so 10/10.5 Narrow is me, so I need that extension from steeda. Some don't with those platypus feet yall have... j/k

Budwise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I wear 10.5's in running shoes, on the track I wear size 10, 15 year old Puma wrestling shoes from high school lol. I've heel toe'd in everything from dress shoes to flip flops though in my daily driving.

Racing shoes are typically expensive wrestling shoes that you could get at Academy. Pliable but rubber soled so you can feel as much feedback as possible from the car.

I imagine if you have very slender/narrow feet it may be a little bit more challenging.