Sponsored

Vorshlag Camber plates increase ride height?

moby4dick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
For anyone that installed these…I just put these in, now noticing 1.5” higher. Anyone have this happen? Supposed to be for Magneride OEM perch.
Sponsored

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
That seems not correct. Camber plates should result in minimal to no increase in ride height.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Should be no ride height change. Take some photos of the camber plate, we can probably figure out what is wrong pretty easy. 1.5" is a lot.

VictorH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Yeah, something's not right.
-Your springs are properly seated both on the upper mount and the lower rubber spring isolator?
-The upper spring perch is fully seated into the camber plate mount? It's possible to have it not centered and off, but that wouldn't give you 1.5" of additional ride height.
-As per your post, you have the correct components for your application

If it's really 1.5" higher something is waaay off, 0.5 inches okay, something on the install but I just can't imagine adding 1.5", that must look like an off-road Mustang!

IMG_1609.jpeg

IMG_1612.jpeg

IMG_1615.jpeg

OP
OP

moby4dick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
I contacted Vorshlag and they confirmed correct parts ordered. I had a Porsche shop put on the camber plates as I wasn’t comfortable with the rental spring compressor, but did the R&R of the struts.

Porsche shop is looking over everything, car is there to be aligned. Hoping to get this sorted soon as I have a track day Saturday!

Interestingly when I dropped it off this morning, driver side seemed to drop to normal height,passenger still high. May stop in once I hear from them, will try and get pics.

Sponsored

OP
OP

moby4dick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
All worked out in the end. I’d done rear suspension upgrades along with the camber plates. Porsche shop had it aligned (friends rack as his hadn’t been ready, his shop recently moved). Apparently with so many changes and being off so much on reinstallation, ride height was just wacky.

I believe it’s still a little high. 5 inches on splitter, 2 1/2” wheel arch. Measured from top of shoulder to fender, Cup2’s.

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
Thanks for updating the thread. So it sounds like it was the usual bushing bind causing ride height to be wonky.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Interestingly when I dropped it off this morning, driver side seemed to drop to normal height,passenger still high. May stop in once I hear from them, will try and get pics.
You might have a springs that somehow isn't seated in it's right spot.
Sponsored