Sponsored

Voodoo Theory

mitchell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
CF roof perhaps on all Mustangs? Less weight and lower centre of gravity.
AFAIK just the SVT, not on the volume trims. Likely still a long while away from seeing that on all Mustangs. The weight loss rumors confused the GT350 improvements with the entire S550 lineup.

MARZ

Threads
Reaction score
AFAIK just the SVT, not on the volume trims. Likely still a long while away from seeing that on all Mustangs. The weight loss rumors confused the GT350 improvements with the entire S550 lineup.
So you're saying the SVT model will lose weight, but the non-SVT Mustangs will... gain... weight?

nametoshowothers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
description of cars
They should let you design the thing lol, that would be sweet. I'm not sure if we will see carbon body parts, I think that really depends on what kind of price tag they have planned for the car. If were talking gt500 price tag, then yes it's possible to see carbon parts. If were talking like 45k price range, you more than likely won't see carbon body parts due to cost. Even if we see carbon body parts, I'm not real sure what they can put other than maybe a hood or maybe some bumper covers. I say those items because you know they aren't going to go crazy and do doors, decklid, fenders...
I agree, I am just summarizing the rumors, who knows what will actually occur. I suspect the gt350 will be over $50k

Fenderaddict2

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fastmyles.com
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang Boss 302
So it's been said a 7 Litre won't fit and the the 5.0 is the biggest motor that will squeeze in the new car. But looking at the width of my Boss and my Friends '13 Shelby I'd say the Coyote/Roadrunner is wider than the Trinity. So while it may be true the the 5.0 is the biggest, it may have not been a reference to displacement.

Sponsored

S550Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350; 2018 Focus RS
"It's been said" but I don't believe it. I was comparing side-by-side a Boss302 and a Trinity-engine Shelby at a car show today. Since the distance between the shock towers and frame rails is identical in the S197 and S550, fitting either engine is the same question as it is now.

Yea, the Trinity is large, but it's just a tall-deck mod-motor with some extra length up front due to the accessories, and some more height due to the supercharger. And, BTW, this business about how the S550 "can't fit a supercharger" is a bunk rumor. If you look at the underhood mule engine shots with it's Coyote motor, the space around the engine is identical. The same rumor team claimed the hood is "lower on the S550 so a supercharger won't fit". Well, raise the hood, just as Ford did with the Shelby. No big deal. Per the earlier post, there is "fit" and "FIT". Wiring, intake, and some minor things will be moved around in the S550 naturally, and we've seen the anti-lock and reservoir slightly moved (which may create a fit problem against the Trinity heads - but that's been solved before and is a simple engineering question), but otherwise it's the same as the S197 in terms of space with the minor exception of space lost to the swept-back headlamps.

So if the Trinity isn't offered, it will be because Ford decided not to offer, not because it quote "doesn't fit". Lets not fall for rumors before the car is even out.

And the 7 liter was dead and buried years ago... permanently.

And what carbon parts? Anything made of carbon is $$$$, and it would have to fit where current parts fit and go in without any particularly special change to the manufacturing process. So no tubs, firewalls, strut towers, or similar architectural parts. But hood, front fenders, roof panel, trunk lid are all possible. But this isn't very weight reduction-effective for the huge cost investment. And if something like a carbon fiber roof is offered, then I would want to see a number describing how much the CG was lowered, just as BMW did for us. Otherwise, it's poseur material.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
So it's been said a 7 Litre won't fit and the the 5.0 is the biggest motor that will squeeze in the new car. But looking at the width of my Boss and my Friends '13 Shelby I'd say the Coyote/Roadrunner is wider than the Trinity. So while it may be true the the 5.0 is the biggest, it may have not been a reference to displacement.
Interesting !!! Did you run a tape measure over them for comparison?

If so, they might just need a bit of a bonnet (hood) bulge to accomodate any extra height from the 5.8's S/C. :clap2:

boomer78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
"It's been said" but I don't believe it. I was comparing side-by-side a Boss302 and a Trinity-engine Shelby at a car show today. Since the distance between the shock towers and frame rails is identical in the S197 and S550, fitting either engine is the same question as it is now.
You're probably making a lot of people laugh right now.

S550Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting !!! Did you run a tape measure over them for comparison?

If so, they might just need a bit of a bonnet (hood) bulge to accomodate any extra height from the 5.8's S/C. :clap2:
Exactly... maybe a little wiring movement, and the huge cold air won't fit the same way (or at all since that part of the engine compartment is more swept-back for the "Evo" type headlamps), and perhaps the brake booster would have to be changed (as it had to be to the fit 4.6 DOHC in the SN95), but it's all a known science.

stable68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Crown Victoria LX Sport
How do you know that the shock towers are identical to s197? The only person on this site that would know that is peabody and he already said that 5.0 is max width and the trinity is done...

Sponsored

S550Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I said the distance between them was identical. The tops of the towers themselves are changed slightly but that doesn't change the width. There are spy pics published of the engine compartment. Dig those out of the old posts here and you'll see everything there is to see about the new engine compartment. And you'll see that the engine is in the exact same place, and the width of the compartment is exactly the same - because this is simply an evolved S197.

TearTheHorizon

Threads
Reaction score
In reference to what engines fit; iirc, the coyote is actually skinnier width wise compared to a dohc 4.6, and with that, its skinnier than the 5.4(5.8). I believe this is due to a redesigned cylinder head compared to the older dohc.

I'm aware that the internet will tell you whatever you want if you look hard enough, but the 4.6 dohc (according to sullivan performance) is 26 5/8 wide and the 5.4 dohc comes in at 28 1/4 inches wide. Maybe somebody can correct me on these numbers, i've never had any of these motors out of a vehicle myself. I think the coyote is a flat 26 wide.

Take it for what you will, but if a 26 inch motor can fit, unless the strut tower placement is drastically different (again not sure here) the extra inch on both sides shouldn't be a huge issue. They did offer a dohc 5.4 in an sn-95 once.....

Now as to if Ford will actually offer the 5.8, totally clueless. IMO i doubt it, but there's no reason behind that thought.
Just because it fits doesn't mean they will offer it. Maybe it has to do with IRS, maybe its because the mod motors are getting old,I know Ford has been trying to rid itself of them for a while. but again, who knows:shrug:

S550Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yup, that's where this stands until we get official word on announce day (or later) from the official and responsible parties. My only point is that it will fit... but not whether it will or will not be offered.

BTW, did you know that Ford once considered a supercharged SOHC 4.6 for your Marauder? It was discussed back in the day, and even shown in the convertible concept.

TearTheHorizon

Threads
Reaction score
Yup, that's where this stands until we get official word on announce day (or later) from the official and responsible parties. My only point is that it will fit... but not whether it will or will not be offered.

BTW, did you know that Ford once considered a supercharged SOHC 4.6 for your Marauder? It was discussed back in the day, and even shown in the convertible concept.
Yes I do, did you know the original thought was to throw a 5.4 in it? I would have much rather had that option. But that was short lived, I think due to exhaust issues. Hell even headers for the 4.6 on this car are insanely difficult to deal with.

Never was a fan of the 'vert concept. But a blower woulda been nice.
Sponsored