Vicrez carbon fiber hoods

2015Pumpkin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Just ordered a Vicrez CF hood from American Muscle for my 2015…and of course it has the GD hood cancer😡😡..
Has anyone had any experience with that hood as far as quality and fitment?
Sponsored

Nobuemon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nikita
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Never had their hoods, but my experience with Vicrez was overall poor(fitment-wise and communication), plus they delete negative reviews from their website so I’d stay away.

Snakebyte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Hopefully you get better shipping results than I did. I would have liked the hood, had it arrived undamaged. It was FedEx that mishandled the hood, and I found it best to go straight to them with damage documentation, including photos of the box, hood, and packaging in-between. Again, hopefully whoever they use to ship your hood does a better job handling it, avoiding damage.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
*deep breath*

So I also ordered a Vicrez hood (the GT500 one). It arrived in a box that looked like it was dropped from a low flying plane and cost me about $1000.00 to have repaired, prepped and painted. There were dents in the hood from whatever freight forwarder they used. It was also missing one of the faux hood pins.

I tried to work with them to resolve the issue and even co-pay on the cost of the repairs however they just eventually stopped responding and so I let the credit card company sort it out.

You are in Florida so maybe you will have better luck than I did as I know a Mustang owner on here with the same hood I have who lives about 30 mins from them and he never had any issues.

As they were one of the only aluminium hoods on the market in the style I wanted I went with them however after my experience I won't order any further products from them even if it was window washer fluid.

OP
OP
2015Pumpkin

2015Pumpkin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Hopefully you get better shipping results than I did. I would have liked the hood, had it arrived undamaged. It was FedEx that mishandled the hood, and I found it best to go straight to them with damage documentation, including photos of the box, hood, and packaging in-between. Again, hopefully whoever they use to ship your hood does a better job handling it, avoiding damage.
Don’t know if it will happen…but the guy who handled my order SAID he would have them DOUBLE WRAP the hood and box…being its being shipped from Cali to Floriduh! Lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
2015Pumpkin

2015Pumpkin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
OMG…
*deep breath*

So I also ordered a Vicrez hood (the GT500 one). It arrived in a box that looked like it was dropped from a low flying plane and cost me about $1000.00 to have repaired, prepped and painted. There were dents in the hood from whatever freight forwarder they used. It was also missing one of the faux hood pins.

I tried to work with them to resolve the issue and even co-pay on the cost of the repairs however they just eventually stopped responding and so I let the credit card company sort it out.

You are in Florida so maybe you will have better luck than I did as I know a Mustang owner on here with the same hood I have who lives about 30 mins from them and he never had any issues.

As they were one of the only aluminium hoods on the market in the style I wanted I went with them however after my experience I won't order any further products from them even if it was window washer fluid.
OMG…you had me rolling with the first sentence!! Sorry you had to go thru all that!! Yeah I’m worried about the size being shipped and how it’ll be handled along the way. Esp it being CF. Hopefully you got everything sorted out. Thanks for the reply!

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
OMG…

OMG…you had me rolling with the first sentence!! Sorry you had to go thru all that!! Yeah I’m worried about the size being shipped and how it’ll be handled along the way. Esp it being CF. Hopefully you got everything sorted out. Thanks for the reply!
Yep! The good thing about cars is all it takes is time and money. The body shop did an amazing job sorting it out and one of the members on here actually sent me one of his faux hood pins since he wasn't going to use them. Because they did such a good job I went back last week and had them swap out my front grill. She is done now!!

Based on the condition the hood arrived in; had it been carbon fibre it may have been a write off.

They used PILOT for the freight forwarder and I still can't tell whether that is a ground based transport or whether they really did drop it from a low flying plane.

Here are about half the defects that were found when it arrived.

1715024241428-bu.jpg

Image 2.png

Image 3.png

Image 4.png

Joshinator99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2017 Camaro 2SS
Never had their hoods, but my experience with Vicrez was overall poor(fitment-wise and communication), plus they delete negative reviews from their website so I’d stay away.
This! I bought their “titanium” tow hook for my Camaro…and it’s predominantly made of steel. The very end is titanium. Absolute BS. Tried to leave a review and they refused to post it. Complete losers.

Snakebyte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Don’t know if it will happen…but the guy who handled my order SAID he would have them DOUBLE WRAP the hood and box…being its being shipped from Cali to Floriduh! Lol
On mine, the evidence pointed to FedEx not observing the well-displayed warning/handling symbols. The only way they could have done the damage they did was to have handled the box from the wrong side and then attempt to push the box into an opening too small. Double, triple, quadruple wrapping would not have helped against the brutal and incorrect handling methods FedEx used. My photos to FedEx were quite clear that damage was generated by one of their forklift operator's disregard for proper handling.

A bright spot was that FedEx quickly approved my claim. Unfortunately they only covered the purchase price, leaving me to absorb the tax, shipping, and oversize packaging fees. But, working with them was much better thay working with Ray at Vicrez.

OP
OP
2015Pumpkin

2015Pumpkin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
On mine, the evidence pointed to FedEx not observing the well-displayed warning/handling symbols. The only way they could have done the damage they did was to have handled the box from the wrong side and then attempt to push the box into an opening too small. Double, triple, quadruple wrapping would not have helped against the brutal and incorrect handling methods FedEx used. My photos to FedEx were quite clear that damage was generated by one of their forklift operator's disregard for proper handling.

A bright spot was that FedEx quickly approved my claim. Unfortunately they only covered the purchase price, leaving me to absorb the tax, shipping, and oversize packaging fees. But, working with them was much better thay working with Ray at Vicrez.
Thanks for the reply Snakebyte…seems to be a pattern with Vicrez. Hopefully American Muscle will be better with shipping! And NOT from a low flying aircraft! lol!! (Sorry MCS!)

Sponsored

Snakebyte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the reply Snakebyte…seems to be a pattern with Vicrez. Hopefully American Muscle will be better with shipping! And NOT from a low flying aircraft! lol!! (Sorry MCS!)
After the horrible experience with Vicrez, I went with American Muscle's GT500 Style hood. No damage from UPS on that receipt.

As I said in previous posts, I believe the Vicrez hood I rec'd was good manufacturing quality, but I'd never chance dealing with Vicrez again, unless I picked up the hood at their place of business. (But living in FL, that probably will never happen.)

OP
OP
2015Pumpkin

2015Pumpkin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
After the horrible experience with Vicrez, I went with American Muscle's GT500 Style hood. No damage from UPS on that receipt.

As I said in previous posts, I believe the Vicrez hood I rec'd was good manufacturing quality, but I'd never chance dealing with Vicrez again, unless I picked up the hood at their place of business. (But living in FL, that probably will never happen.)
My fingers are crossed for a good delivery!! Will let you know in a week from what AM tells me for delivery time.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Check out my experience with Vicrez below. Long story short, I'm out $1500 with nothing to show for and the company has been telling me lies for 9 months that I'll get something in return.

Oh and kicker I just found out recently: the shipping company did end up giving them money for the damage claim...but instead of shipping me out a replacement unit they just pocketed the money.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/vicrez-terrible-customer-service-stay-away.195470/

OP
OP
2015Pumpkin

2015Pumpkin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Check out my experience with Vicrez below. Long story short, I'm out $1500 with nothing to show for and the company has been telling me lies for 9 months that I'll get something in return.

Oh and kicker I just found out recently: the shipping company did end up giving them money for the damage claim...but instead of shipping me out a replacement unit they just pocketed the money.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/vicrez-terrible-customer-service-stay-away.195470/
I’m still crossing my fingers. All you can do when you send off for an oversized package like that. Holding my breath too.

SnowFox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grabber
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2017 ECOboost, Saleen S351
I've seen around a 50% satisfaction rate with their hoods. It's like either they are good, or total **** up's.

But still probably better than Duraflex? 😂
Sponsored