Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

Sash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
wow this is a crazy problem to have on a new car, kind of turning me of from getting a mustang, my charger and 2 of my challengers runs silky smooth on any speed,i have my charger up to 154 mph my srt392 challenger 170 and my hellcat 185mph smooth as can be and planted at any speed,
here is a little video of my charger
[ame]
Sponsored

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Yea, I don't think Ford realizes or cares about the damage this is causing to their brand. It is effecting it. Between AC issues and the magic fingers built in, I would be shopping elsewhere if something happened to my mustang and it needed replacing.

Sash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Yea, I don't think Ford realizes or cares about the damage this is causing to their brand. It is effecting it. Between AC issues and the magic fingers built in, I would be shopping elsewhere if something happened to my mustang and it needed replacing.
i was seriously considering getting a 17 model year there is a great deal in the local dealer but after reading this i dont like the idea of trading perfectly great driving DODGE and taking a chance of getting a problem car, F that!!ill give a chance to 18 model i hope thy correct the problem......

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
wow this is a crazy problem to have on a new car, kind of turning me of from getting a mustang, my charger and 2 of my challengers runs silky smooth on any speed,i have my charger up to 154 mph my srt392 challenger 170 and my hellcat 185mph smooth as can be and planted at any speed,
here is a little video of my charger
Nice cars man . Thanks for chiming in, my vibes are minimal, shit happens so i just fix it! I love my car, next month my procharger d1x gets installed and want everything to be perfect for that..over 700 wheel on pump ..its gonna be a fun ride!

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ford realizes it, they don't care because they know we the public will buy mustangs even if the wheels were falling off leaving the lot . Remember we’re talking a about a company that survived the exploding pinto car that actually killed people. The phrase to big to fail comes to mind! The 2018 mustang will help folks forget about the issues with the 2015-2017 s550 just like i forgot about the issues with my s-197. People dont stop buying from a manufacturer just because their cars have a few issues. Every manufacturer has issues, they just work through them and move on!

Sponsored

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Before I bought my '17, I asked a Ford regional warranty rep about the vibration problem. He said it's really a small % of the cars, and the vast majority are fixed to the customer's satisfaction by the dealer without Ford intervention. He simply didn't think it was a big issue - but that certainly doesn't give much comfort to those on here with persistent problems.

Boostamoose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' GT
I eventually ended up fixing mine on my own. I used the hose clamp method that quite a few others have had success with.

No pictures, but I jacked it up and stuck blocks of 4x4 wood on each side since it was too difficult to find a good spot for my jack stands. I had to make another trip to the hardware store because the drive shaft on these cars is extremely small. I expected something much bigger, so my initial pick of hose clamps was quite large.

After sorting all that out. I first ran the car on the wood blocks. I climbed in the car and turned off traction control and started speeding up. Every single light involving traction control lit up and hill start assist, etc. I ignored it and ran it up to speed. As soon as I hit about 40 mph a vibration came in, and it became worse the faster I sped up. On the road I never noticed a vibration until about 55 mph.

I found one of the balancing weights and hooked my hose clamp up right next to it. Climbed in the car and repeated the above. This time the vibration was much worse. Repeated the above and moved the hose clamp 180 degrees from the balance weight. This brought the vibration back to about what it used to be without any hose clamp. So I started moving it about 1/4" margins around the drive shaft. I finally found a spot, and it was amazing how much of a difference it made. I barely felt anything.. There was a small something, but it was almost 100% gone. I called it good after that since I was losing daylight. I plan on maybe doing some fine tweaking later.

For anyone willing to DIY it though the hose clamp method it really does work. I can't really notice hardly anything on the road anymore. Maybe a very small vibration, but it could just all be in my head. Either way it is a night and day difference in a positive direction.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
^ this is why i like the balance master’s centrifical fluid strap. it automatically goes to the area of imbalance (plug & play) no need for adjustments just bolt it on and your good to go!

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
VEHICLE NOISE AND VIBRATION

not sure if this type of video got posted here already
around 16 minute mark, they calculate the frequency of each component at 100 km/hr to help with diagnostics
15 Hz , wheels, axles
60 or 120 Hz , driveshaft

another article mentioned trying to use a bucket with water to guess the frequency being generated.

Sash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
I eventually ended up fixing mine on my own. I used the hose clamp method that quite a few others have had success with.

No pictures, but I jacked it up and stuck blocks of 4x4 wood on each side since it was too difficult to find a good spot for my jack stands. I had to make another trip to the hardware store because the drive shaft on these cars is extremely small. I expected something much bigger, so my initial pick of hose clamps was quite large.

After sorting all that out. I first ran the car on the wood blocks. I climbed in the car and turned off traction control and started speeding up. Every single light involving traction control lit up and hill start assist, etc. I ignored it and ran it up to speed. As soon as I hit about 40 mph a vibration came in, and it became worse the faster I sped up. On the road I never noticed a vibration until about 55 mph.

I found one of the balancing weights and hooked my hose clamp up right next to it. Climbed in the car and repeated the above. This time the vibration was much worse. Repeated the above and moved the hose clamp 180 degrees from the balance weight. This brought the vibration back to about what it used to be without any hose clamp. So I started moving it about 1/4" margins around the drive shaft. I finally found a spot, and it was amazing how much of a difference it made. I barely felt anything.. There was a small something, but it was almost 100% gone. I called it good after that since I was losing daylight. I plan on maybe doing some fine tweaking later.

For anyone willing to DIY it though the hose clamp method it really does work. I can't really notice hardly anything on the road anymore. Maybe a very small vibration, but it could just all be in my head. Either way it is a night and day difference in a positive direction.
thats brilliant im glad you fix the problem, but i dont want to fix a car that i pay for it 40+k

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
thats brilliant im glad you fix the problem, but i dont want to fix a car that i pay for it 40+k
So you gonna give it up to Ford to take a stab it? Good luck with that!

barrykaye1001

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.discountpackagingdepot.com
First Name
Barry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
I will let you know, I'm ordering these balance master straps monday i think it will take care of the remaining imballance I have.
Can’t wait to hear if these solve the problem. Could be a lot easier than the trial and error hose clamp method.

Sash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
this is hilarious purchase a new 40k car bring it home and tray to fix it with a coat hangers rubber bands and hose clamps:lol::lol::lol:

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
this is hilarious purchase a new 40k car bring it home and tray to fix it with a coat hangers rubber bands and hose clamps:lol::lol::lol:
We’d rather hear your own solution other then your crying !

Sash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
We’d rather hear your own solution other then your crying !
i hate this as much as you, im not crying ,i am pissed of i was about to pull the trigger on one but I'm pulling back now, i don't have a solution, you dont need to come up with a solution, this is fords problem, they need to come up with a solution, on the end of the day FORD is the one who is big looser here , defiantly lost my business :(
Sponsored