Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
golly, I can't seem to find that SSM.
Sponsored

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
That's what he gave me. I'll call him and reconfirm
No, that's probably correct. I just can't seem to find the website that I can look this up and read it. Hopefully someone knows and can post the link.

NothernVAMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT white
Confirmed it the dealership and a service tech on a Facebook forum. It's a new bulletin released by ford so maybe the website you are checking is not updated. Anyway the new revised driveshaft should be in my car next Tuesday

Sponsored

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
Confirmed it the dealership and a service tech on a Facebook forum. It's a new bulletin released by ford so maybe the website you are checking is not updated. Anyway the new revised driveshaft should be in my car next Tuesday
Which dealer ?

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
the internets tells me this

NHTSA ID: 10091423
TSB ID: SSM 45938

Some 2015-2017 mustang vehicles may experience a driveline vibration directly related to a vehicle speed of 70-100kmh (50-70mph) and is perceived as a tremor in the floor pan, seat track, or steering wheel and may be heard as a rumble, hum,

The bulletin described the following process for dealing with this problem:
Inspect the driveshaft for damage, undercoating, incorrectly seated universal joints;
Rotate the driveshaft by hand to feel for any binding or end play in the universal joints;
If the above are normal, correct any tyre balance problems; and,
If the driveline vibration was still present, then balance the driveshaft using the MasterTech MTS 4000 Driveline Balance and NVH Analyzer.

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
a revised drive shaft?
i been obsessing over searching this and not herd or seen anything on revised drive shafts. can you post any info? screen shots etc?

NothernVAMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT white
It's Ted Britt ford...... the tsb is for the automatic clunk so they revised the driveshaft and shipping out new ones

Sponsored

NothernVAMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT white
I had a very slight vibration but I always blamed it on the road...... it's a new driveshaft (new design) so hopefully it fixed both issues..... all the previous fix by other mustang owners was a replacement of the driveshaft to the same driveshaft...... this time is a new redesigned driveshaft....

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
I had a very slight vibration but I always blamed it on the road...... it's a new driveshaft (new design) so hopefully it fixed both issues..... all the previous fix by other mustang owners was a replacement of the driveshaft to the same driveshaft...... this time is a new redesigned driveshaft....
I'm VERY eager to hear how this goes, since I have the "clunk" and the vibration.

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
For what its worth.

My buddy has a new 17 gt prem, stock gearing, manual.

His vibrates WAY more then my auto with base gears. His mirror vibrates a lot to. He dosnt seem to care. Mine is noise only from what I can tell anyhow.

The manual cars seem to be worse then the autos

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
This new revised ds "so to speak " may be the 2018 ds that has been fixed!
Sponsored