Very newbie question.. sorry

StanleyDS88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stanley
Vehicle(s)
23 GT
Just bought my first mustang today, its a 2023 GT. I found on eBay a set of 19x11 ford wheels, Im assuming possibly off a mach 1 or GT500, anyway would anyone know if I could be able to run these wheels on my Mustang? I do not have a performance pack on it, the stock wheels it came with are 19x8.5 with a 255/45/19 tire.

These are the rims Im talking about. Is the listing possibly wrong? I didn't know any mustangs came with squared wheels at the 19x11 size, I thought the fronts were 19x10.5

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3144293633...20&osub=-1~1&crd=20230501063513&segname=11304

Thanks for any help, Im loving the new car already
Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Yes you can, however you most likely will need a beefy spacer around 1" and you will also need to add either camber plates or camber bolts and subsequently -3* of camber.

This however seems highly unnecessary for a street car. Most people go with 19x10 and 19x11 staggered wheels on the street for ease of installation and less tramlining.

EDIT: now that I've seen the wheels, and if those are truly OEM, then you won't need the spacer as PP2 wheels have the correct backspace in the front and they are only 10.5" not 11". However you will still need a bit of camber if you don't want them sticking out a bit past the fenders.

OP
OP

StanleyDS88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stanley
Vehicle(s)
23 GT
After contacting the seller he thinks they may be 19x10.5 fronts. I googled the VIN on the eBay listing and it comes up as a wrecked 2019 GT. Looks to have brembo front brakes, but no other identifier. The website is all in Russian tho. 1FA6P8CF2K5178427 is the vin of the wrecked car.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
After contacting the seller he thinks they may be 19x10.5 fronts. I googled the VIN on the eBay listing and it comes up as a wrecked 2019 GT. Looks to have brembo front brakes, but no other identifier. The website is all in Russian tho. 1FA6P8CF2K5178427 is the vin of the wrecked car.
Yeah those look like PP2 wheels, and the car in question has all the PP2 parts. So they will fit fine if not slightly pokey in the front.

OP
OP

StanleyDS88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stanley
Vehicle(s)
23 GT
Yeah those look like PP2 wheels, and the car in question has all the PP2 parts. So they will fit fine if not slightly pokey in the front.
And I found the VIN sticker it says 19x10.5/19x11

I don't mind the front poke, I think it looks bad a$$ honestly. Ill be keeping my stock wheels for a winter backup.

Do you know if the TPMS sensors in there will automatically sync with my car? Or will dealer have to reprogram

Sponsored

OP
OP

StanleyDS88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stanley
Vehicle(s)
23 GT
What does the PP2 add over the stock GT? Im assuming different shocks/springs, and brakes obviously.. are the steering knuckles/hubs different that would necessitate me running a different camber in the front?

theshawnc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
I don't know if it's true, but I've read that the PP2 cars have different wheel well liners compared to a base GT to accommodate the wider wheels

Ryno073

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT
Some nasty curb rash on at least 2 of those wheels. I'd pass on this set if I were you -

OP
OP

StanleyDS88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stanley
Vehicle(s)
23 GT
Some nasty curb rash on at least 2 of those wheels. I'd pass on this set if I were you -
Eh, rash can be fixed. Nothin stays perfect forever too, this way it takes the pressure off me to not put the first scratch in it haha

Sponsored

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT

I don't mind the front poke, I think it looks bad a$$ honestly...
Good, because the way the wheels stick out, people will see it from a distance. 😃
The first time I saw a PP2, I knew what it was from across a small parking lot.

Mike Pfeifer has a point about the debris. I remember soon after the GT-PP2 went on sale, several owners complained about the car tearing up its own paint.

Rokblox sells wider guards for the PP2 than for most other Mustangs, because of how much the tires stick out.

What does the PP2 add over the stock GT? I'm assuming different shocks/springs, and brakes obviously.. are the steering knuckles/hubs different that would necessitate me running a different camber in the front?
I read somewhere that the PP2 springs were 1/4" lower than standard GT springs.
The rear springs were stiffer than a Mach 1 (including the Handling Package) and the spring rates all around were very similar to Steeda street springs.

I don't remember anything about hubs or steering parts being different. Regardless, no reasonable amount of camber will get the tire under the fender at PP2 offsets.

I think PP2 had the same brakes as the regular performance package. Your stock 2023 brakes are probably fine.

The PP2 tire size has a slightly smaller tread diameter than GT or PP1, so if you want to use those tires you might want to recalibrate your speedometer (however you do that 🤔).

...Or:
If you like this style wheel go to LMR and look at the 19x10 squared or 19x10/11 staggered setups
I was looking at LMR 19x10s pretty hard. Eventually I decided I don't need the width until I'm ready to run laps, and then 19x11 is a good start. 😁

Kainsel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Saleen Mustang, 2021 Challenger R/T

I don't mind the front poke, I think it looks bad a$$ honestly. Ill be keeping my stock wheels for a winter backup.

Do you know if the TPMS sensors in there will automatically sync with my car? Or will dealer have to reprogram
You will need to buy a TPMS calibration device online (about $12-15) to sync the new sensors with your gauge. Very easy and quick with no need to pay dealer. See attached link
Sponsored