Velossa Tech Design - BIG MOUTH development

Status
Not open for further replies.

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
I dint not think it would add pressure as the pass side big mouth doesn't go through to the engine bay. There is a plastic backing behind it so it's not transfering air into the engine bay.
That's good to know! I wasn't aware that it did that.
Sponsored

Ryan410

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
[MENTION=19602]VelossaTech[/MENTION] do you recommend deleting the two intake resonators on the stock air box and intake tube in conjunction with your big mouth? Was thinking of picking up the mishimoto induction hose, adding a drop in filter, and deleting the resonator from the stock air box. Essentially a complete intake setup

OP
OP
VelossaTech

VelossaTech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.velossatechdesign.com
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
[MENTION=19602]VelossaTech[/MENTION] do you recommend deleting the two intake resonators on the stock air box and intake tube in conjunction with your big mouth? Was thinking of picking up the mishimoto induction hose, adding a drop in filter, and deleting the resonator from the stock air box. Essentially a complete intake setup
Yes deleting the resonator is a good idea. It doesn't do anything other than attenuate noise. You can get a delete cap and big mouth to really clean the engine bay up. Your proposed setup sounds like a very effective game plan.

bigjohns97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 401a M6 RR
Anyone else with a gt350 intake (pp2) and having trouble getting the big mount to fit flush?

Sponsored

FirebladeRX7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Can one of these be used on an ecoboost? A friend of mine just bought one and after looking at my GT and his, the shape of the port in the radiator support looks similar from what is visible, but I can't tell without taking his car apart and measuring. Obviously the grill is a problem, but I have a spare grill I can give him after I cut out the hexagons in the drivers side.

OP
OP
VelossaTech

VelossaTech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Can one of these be used on an ecoboost? A friend of mine just bought one and after looking at my GT and his, the shape of the port in the radiator support looks similar from what is visible, but I can't tell without taking his car apart and measuring. Obviously the grill is a problem, but I have a spare grill I can give him after I cut out the hexagons in the drivers side.
As long as you have a GT/Cervinis/MMDV/RTR grille, it will fit any S550 platform mustang.

poorfortune

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
'16 Base GTPP - Deep Impact Blue
Anyone used this with the Mishimoto intake, or know if it will fit?

Thinking of going that route because I really like the look and their tube seems to be a really good design.

OP
OP
VelossaTech

VelossaTech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Anyone used this with the Mishimoto intake, or know if it will fit?

Thinking of going that route because I really like the look and their tube seems to be a really good design.
If you could post up a picture of their inlet, I could tell you for certain. I couldn't find any via google.

best,

D

Sponsored

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Coyote Red in sport mode

I did the Airaid "tube" w/AEM drop-in and deleted both resonators until I find the intake setup I want. I may keep it this way.
tn_DSCN1259.JPG

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=19602]VelossaTech[/MENTION]Is there a newer revision of the Big Mouth from the one I bought a year ago ? Do you have one that would fit the GT350 intake ?

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado
I did the Airaid "tube" w/AEM drop-in and deleted both resonators until I find the intake setup I want. I may keep it this way.
What are your thoughts on the Airaid intake tube? I have one as well with a high flow filter and am on the fence on its performance. Feels better from 3500ish to readline IMO, but I cant tell.

Some people say they dont add any performance, some say it hurts performance, and others say Mishimoto adds massive gains. IDK..

OP
OP
VelossaTech

VelossaTech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
I would be interested in this as well.
No new revision other than the major one we did last year. Should still be Rev2.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.