D BERRY

LostAtSea
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
Yes, the SCTx4 comes with 3 tunes 87, 91, 93 and I have mine since june 2015. Love it never had a problum with it. I have 2 other tuners before it and returned them for a refund. I have mine coupled with a JLT Pedal MAX and together excellent acceleration from a stop to top end. The menu allows me to incerase my RPM"S and shifting firmness on the auto tranny.
Thanks man, do you load these in the upload custom tunes mode or what? The tuner I have right now I had to send back to SCT because it wouldn't communicate with the computer, they didn't bother to tell me what was wrong with it just fixed it and returned it. So I went to load tunes and it only took the first one but won't upload the other two, could be maybe operator error I'm going to try and load the mpt91race tune shortly and see what happens.

I think I'm going to do what Jon/3.7 mentioned and get an Unleashed 91 octane race tune so I can compare, but have to make sure the tuner is sorted out first.:shrug:

Last edited:

D BERRY

LostAtSea
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
Honestly guys try JDM tunes
JDM engineering should be the best 3.7 tuners out there, because their prices certainly reflect that. Course the site doesn't tell you what all your getting at that price without clicking add to cart, which I did not do. Do they sell just tunes without the tuner?

DANA44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 convertible
While I understand a tune has a specific octane requirement are the OEM low and high octane spark tables for knock retained and if so how. Not a lot published from the can tuners on this.

larry1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 guard
JDM engineering should be the best 3.7 tuners out there, because their prices certainly reflect that. Course the site doesn't tell you what all your getting at that price without clicking add to cart, which I did not do. Do they sell just tunes without the tuner?
Yes they do sell the tunes without the tuner. Talk to Phil@JDM. By far the best email tune I've tried better than MPT 93 in my opinion

Sponsored

USMC V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Premium 51A, GT 18"wheels, spoiler
Thanks man, do you load these in the upload custom tunes mode or what? The tuner I have right now I had to send back to SCT because it wouldn't communicate with the computer, they didn't bother to tell me what was wrong with it just fixed it and returned it. So I went to load tunes and it only took the first one but won't upload the other two, could be maybe operator error I'm going to try and load the mpt91race tune shortly and see what happens.

I think I'm going to do what Jon/3.7 mentioned and get an Unleashed 91 octane race tune so I can compare, but have to make sure the tuner is sorted out first.:shrug:
The only custom tunes I have are the can tunes from SCT direct 87,91,93. I'm not interested in the other custom tunes, I like what I have.

Has SCT or anybody explained to you, you need to turn your car back to stock before upgrading your SCTx4. When I talked to the tech rep at SCT that's the first thing they ask me. If you don't the last tune you install will remain the ECU and you won't be able to return your car to stock.

Phil@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Bullitt, 2004 Cobra, 1968 Fastback

D BERRY

LostAtSea
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
The only custom tunes I have are the can tunes from SCT direct 87,91,93. I'm not interested in the other custom tunes, I like what I have.

Has SCT or anybody explained to you, you need to turn your car back to stock before upgrading your SCTx4. When I talked to the tech rep at SCT that's the first thing they ask me. If you don't the last tune you install will remain the ECU and you won't be able to return your car to stock.

That hadn't crossed my mind yet although I know that is the case. I tried to load the race tune yesterday but the tuner refused to do anything but tell me the tuner that was up to date last Monday wasn't up to date yesterday. Mpt sent me an e-mail Saturday and asked me about posting a review and I replyed telling them all my troubles with the tuner. And I just got a reply from them telling me to call and they will walk me through and then advising me to datalog so they can check the tune. To be honest the biggest problem could be me. I did update the tuner this morning and now it says it's all ready, but after all this I'm a little nervous.:headbonk:

USMC V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Premium 51A, GT 18"wheels, spoiler
That hadn't crossed my mind yet although I know that is the case. I tried to load the race tune yesterday but the tuner refused to do anything but tell me the tuner that was up to date last Monday wasn't up to date yesterday. Mpt sent me an e-mail Saturday and asked me about posting a review and I replyed telling them all my troubles with the tuner. And I just got a reply from them telling me to call and they will walk me through and then advising me to datalog so they can check the tune. To be honest the biggest problem could be me. I did update the tuner this morning and now it says it's all ready, but after all this I'm a little nervous.:headbonk:
I know when I got my tuner I pluged it into my computer to load the data, it wouldn't let me intill I went and loaded the stock tune into the SCTx4. Then loaded the data for the 93 tune and loaded it into the ECU.

Sponsored

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
D BERRY , where are you located if you are near me I can come by and see if its operator error if you like

D BERRY

LostAtSea
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
D BERRY , where are you located if you are near me I can come by and see if its operator error if you like
I'm in central Illinois and I appreciate the offer but, I went back yesterday and updated it again and then was able to load all the MPT tunes. I've actually been sick and saw my doctor this afternoon and got meds. If I feel like it later I'll try and download a tune this evening, but I don't mind saying I'm a little nervous about it! My luck is not good like updates between the time I updated the tuner on Monday and the time I tried to load the tune on Friday is a good example. Someone should make an emoticon of the guy leaning into a shield, like Captain America, with a hail of bullets hitting it. That'd be a lucky day in my book.

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
I am in Mass so cant help, but I was the same with updates did one and loaded tune on car then for what ever reason I opened there program and it said that I had more update so had to return car to stock do the updates and then waited a week before tuning car again to make sure I had all the updates done, Now I only see the update notices when SCT updates there tunes on the X4

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium ~2016 Mustang V6(sold)~
[MENTION=14368]D BERRY[/MENTION] I'm over in Chicago if you ever need help, my other hobby is building computers but looks like you got it to work. I'd love to hear how the mpt tune is, I'm planing on going that route in the next month.

D BERRY

LostAtSea
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
[MENTION=14368]D BERRY[/MENTION] I'm over in Chicago if you ever need help, my other hobby is building computers but looks like you got it to work. I'd love to hear how the mpt tune is, I'm planing on going that route in the next month.
Building computers huh! I describe myself as a 68 year old technological troglodyte. The way that the operating systems in modern computers work doesn't resemble any form of logic that I am aware of. Like the program button on the updater says beside it that it checks the updates when that is just something it also does. I have enough trouble just trying to keep up with the acronyms. I ran the car last Friday and it's supposed to rain this weekend but by next weekend I'm figuring on having the tune and running on the 26th, and I'll let you know what she runs.
Sponsored