Sponsored

V6 ENGINE COVER

Rough Hollow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
Yes, you are correct. They took all the "comfort features" away from the Cyclone Pony and dropped the Horsepower to push buyers towards the Ecoboost. I went into the Ford dealership to buy a new 2015 GT Premium Convertible to replace my 2013 GT Premium Convertible. I saw the 2015 Cyclone Convertible sitting there and asked to test drive it...well darned it...that little vert felt so "balanced" and was $14,000 cheaper that the GT! So it's mine now and she's sporting purple & gold custom Katskins leather...way cool I'd say. I'll buy the Mach I when available. But really happy with this Cyclone for sure. And yes, I do miss my Coyote exhaust. Wish I could decide on a suitable exhaust mod for my Cyclonic Pony.
Sponsored

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Convertible Triple Yellow
Yes, you are correct. They took all the "comfort features" away from the Cyclone Pony and dropped the Horsepower to push buyers towards the Ecoboost. I went into the Ford dealership to buy a new 2015 GT Premium Convertible to replace my 2013 GT Premium Convertible. I saw the 2015 Cyclone Convertible sitting there and asked to test drive it...well darned it...that little vert felt so "balanced" and was $14,000 cheaper that the GT! So it's mine now and she's sporting purple & gold custom Katskins leather...way cool I'd say. I'll buy the Mach I when available. But really happy with this Cyclone for sure. And yes, I do miss my Coyote exhaust. Wish I could decide on a suitable exhaust mod for my Cyclonic Pony.
Originally, I wanted a GT but I am SO happy with my V6 vert. :cheers:

OP
OP
Stam616

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
I absolutely love my 15 V6, I'm just not happy with the lack of aftermarket supports specifically for the V6. Heck, even the new entry level "Shelby" isn't available for the V6. I'm going to add as much as I can afford to mine to make it better, a bit faster, better handling etc., I was just thinking with the V6 rentals being sold to people, that the market would've expanded is all. I'm assuming for 2018 we will have the Eco, an Eco V6 and the V8 in the lineup so perhaps if I get another one in the future it will be either of the two upper motors. I'm just not a fan of the Eco 4. Doesn't sound right to me as of now. It's a good engine, but for me just doesn't feel like a Mustang yet.

Rough Hollow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
^^^You and I have the same take on our 3.7s. I'm going to place the top down now and cruise a bit this morning...just wish I could decide on an exhaust with no "drone" that didn't cost too much. Almost bought the Roush axle-backs.

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
Whats wrong with the roush ? you could always do what a lot of us have get a GT take off from someone and it bolts right up to our V6's no mods needed and it sounds great on the V6

Sponsored

Rough Hollow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
Thanks for the suggestion of the GT take offs, I might do that. I was waiting for the Roush axle-backs to drop in price...because I'm cheap!

OP
OP
Stam616

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
GT take off exhaust might be an option, but I figure by the time I do mine and add headers, they will have exhaust that sounds great without any droning. I'll also add a CAI as well. I want to get my interior completed first but even that won't really happen for another year or so. The last visual mod I'm doing for awhile is adding a blacked out GT upper and lower grill when I bring my car to get some scratches fixed on my front clip . Ultimately I want the GT/CS grill but not paying almost $700 for it when this option cost me less than $100 lol.

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
Whats wrong with the roush ? you could always do what a lot of us have get a GT take off from someone and it bolts right up to our V6's no mods needed and it sounds great on the V6
There's no drone at all with the GT exhaust? I have a friend who wants to sell his. Sucks, I would like to do a few mods, but everything's on hold till I solve my vibration or just trade the car in for a Mazda or something. That Mazda6 is starting to look good...

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
There's no drone at all with the GT exhaust? I have a friend who wants to sell his. Sucks, I would like to do a few mods, but everything's on hold till I solve my vibration or just trade the car in for a Mazda or something. That Mazda6 is starting to look good...
I have the V6 Vert and I put on the GT exhaust and I don't hear any grone with it even with the top down, Also when we do this we go from having a 2 1/4 inch pipe to having the 2 1/2 inch pipe all the way to the 4 inch tips,

If you look at our V6 exhaust you see our tips were an after thought because the exhaust pipe is seen inside the tip where the GT is all one pipe right up to the tips and then the tips are welded to the pipe no around the pipe like the stock V6 exhaust.

On my V6 these are my mods so you can see I do not have a lot on the car right now

AiRaid Cold Air Intake there new one the closed in box with see thought top and dry blue filter.

Stock GT exhaust swap

JLT Oil Catch Can 3.0 ver, This is nice because all of are cars are pushing oil into are intake manifolds and by catching it before had it keeps things cleaner

Just the exhaust and the CAI have given me a 4 mpg jump went from 24 mpg combined to 28 mpg combined so not bad

NO tune on car its still just stock so when I get the MPT tune I am hoping for even more fun

Also what vibration are you getting I might beable to help you out as my car had the driveshaft vibration when I first got her

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
Same vibration they all have. Mine had a new driveshaft already. Still rides like shit on the highway.

Sponsored

Rough Hollow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
So let me get this straight, the GT mufflers from the axles back "just bolt up to the V-6 convertible cars stock placement"? No cutting required? Completely simple...even this Old
Dufus could do? What am I missing? It can't be that simple, huh?

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
Same vibration they all have. Mine had a new driveshaft already. Still rides like shit on the highway.
Sir here is the trouble you are having 45 to 70 you get the vibration right ?

they put 3 drive shafts in mine each made it worst than my oem shaft so each time they did it I made them put the oem shaft back in so you could say they put 6 shafts in my car.

Here is the fix the shafts are out of balance even the new ones.
ford ENG had to come down for my car and they took a hose clamp and put it on the front of the drive shaft after using fords vibration tool they did come up with the shaft being out of balance they kept moving the clamp on the shaft until the vibration was gone. I still have this and its been fine

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
So let me get this straight, the GT mufflers from the axles back "just bolt up to the V-6 convertible cars stock placement"? No cutting required? Completely simple...even this Old
I made a whole thread about this :thumbsup:

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
No what we have is the cat back its the exhaust that ford puts on the GT so all one . it bolts right up to the cats and all the hangers on the car are in the same place so you go from the 2 1/4 to the 2 1/5 and it breaths better and sounds good to and you might even pick up some of the horses to and no tune needed

OP
OP
Stam616

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Okay, I figured I'd bump this back up. Still want to know if anyone is now or will be producing a V6 Engine Cover.. I mean there has to be someone that's interested in doing this! I'm sure there are many V6 owners that would like to have an attractive cover to dress up their engines..
Sponsored