Sponsored

***Urgent*** Check Clutch Line At Brake Master Cylinder

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Just checked mine. Mine was not as far out as the OP so I pushed it in about 1/16 of an inch. The lower connection was a bit damp and I could clearly see a some seepage onto the AC connection under it. I also gently pushed it in as much as possible and cleaned seepage.
This design really sucks. Hose too short and rigid.
IMG_3103.jpg
IMG_3102.jpg
Sponsored

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
[MENTION=19308]jasonstang[/MENTION] - is that your final position of the lower hose? I couldn't seat mine further than that. It weaped when I played with it but hasn't had any dampness over the past 24hrs.

Trptguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Just checked mine and it was almost off. Only 7500 miles on my car and 3 months old

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
[MENTION=19308]jasonstang[/MENTION] - is that your final position of the lower hose? I couldn't seat mine further than that. It weaped when I played with it but hasn't had any dampness over the past 24hrs.
I think the weepage is caused by pushing in the upper hose. The brake reservoir cap is a one way valve meaning it would allow air to enter but not exit. When you push in the hose, you are reducing the volume of the overall cavity so some fluids will come out which came out from the bottom hose in my case.
I cleaned it up and didn't weep anymore. It's definitely not a very tight connection.

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
What a great PSA. Thank you [MENTION=22413]Optimum Performance[/MENTION] !
Saw this thread the other day but forgot to check mine once I left work. I just checked mine and I was so disappointing with what I saw that I pushed it back on immediately before I even thought about snapping a pic. Mine was barely hanging on and even worse than the first pics in the thread. I see a tiny bit of fluid near the lower connector but wasn't able to get any movement on that end. Seems difficult to get both seated REALLY well. Ah well.
Hopefully this helps a little with my shifts.

Sponsored

ForTheHordeKT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Performance Package
What a great PSA. Thank you @Optimum Performance !
Saw this thread the other day but forgot to check mine once I left work. I just checked mine and I was so disappointing with what I saw that I pushed it back on immediately before I even thought about snapping a pic. Mine was barely hanging on and even worse than the first pics in the thread. I see a tiny bit of fluid near the lower connector but wasn't able to get any movement on that end. Seems difficult to get both seated REALLY well. Ah well.
Hopefully this helps a little with my shifts.
Same here I didn't snap a pic but mine was also hanging on for dear life. I drove around for a bit and it didn't feel like I had as much gear nibble in 2nd and 3rd, none at all. Will drive around more to decide whether I'm giving myself a placebo effect or not haha.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Same here I didn't snap a pic but mine was also hanging on for dear life. I drove around for a bit and it didn't feel like I had as much gear nibble in 2nd and 3rd, none at all. Will drive around more to decide whether I'm giving myself a placebo effect or not haha.
The hose is simply there to keep the fluid supplied to the master clutch cylinder, it is not part of the pressurized loop so having it pushed in does not affect anything. Just a placebo effect you are experiencing.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The hose is simply there to keep the fluid supplied to the master clutch cylinder, it is not part of the pressurized loop so having it pushed in does not affect anything. Just a placebo effect you are experiencing.
That's one hell of a placebo to have magically changed my clutch feel and performance.

Even the OP disagrees with you.

Why this is important to check:

1. If it falls off it will empty a large portion of your brake fluid.
2. If it leaks fluid out when you touch it that means that every time you press your clutch in you potentially could be drawing air into your clutch hydraulic circuit.

This will cause you to never fully bleed your clutch, the more you pump the more you are possibly bringing additional air into the system.

If you have shifting issues, either gear nibble or just really poor gear changes in general, this may be part of the cause. It may not be the MT82 directly.

If you have had a transmission or clutch failure it may be related to a poor release due to the air in the system as the root cause and the contingent damage is the clutch or transmission.

ForTheHordeKT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Performance Package
Ah, bummer. Well, maybe I'll see a swap to Royal Purple or something in my future haha.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Given how easy it is to leak fluid, if it was in the pressurized system it would be spraying brake fluid everywhere.
Now over time as your clutch pack gets thinner and thinner, it will slowly draw brake fluids through the hose into the master cylinder but it's a very slow process just like fluids in the brake system.

Sponsored

SYK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium PP Auto
I believe Ford should have used a double O ring quick connector instead of single o-ring since it is subject to non-axial loads (line sagging with fluid in it). As long as the connector on the hose does not separate from the retaining clip, it won't get undone and drain brake fluid reservoir though.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
I believe Ford should have used a double O ring quick connector instead of single o-ring since it is subject to non-axial loads (line sagging with fluid in it). As long as the connector on the hose does not separate from the retaining clip, it won't get undone and drain brake fluid reservoir though.
It's not a pressurized system. It only has a few inches of the weight of brake fluid on it... That's not even 3psi. One o-ring was probably overkill.

OP
OP
Optimum Performance

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
That's one hell of a placebo to have magically changed my clutch feel and performance.

Ah, bummer. Well, maybe I'll see a swap to Royal Purple or something in my future haha.
:doh:

BG Syncro Shift II

Given how easy it is to leak fluid, if it was in the pressurized system it would be spraying brake fluid everywhere.
Now over time as your clutch pack gets thinner and thinner, it will slowly draw brake fluids through the hose into the master cylinder but it's a very slow process just like fluids in the brake system.
The hose will not likely fall off, unless the connector itself comes apart.

The head pressure in the reservoir is what causes the fluid to escape. This is a supply line so the potential exists that while depressing the clutch, air can be drawn into the system. Again, suction side not pressure side, air will only be drawn into a lower pressure system.

SYK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium PP Auto
It's not a pressurized system. It only has a few inches of the weight of brake fluid on it... That's not even 3psi. One o-ring was probably overkill.
Issue is not the pressure. It is the O-ring that is sealing the line can get cocked without proper support (either double o-ring or something structurally supporting it).

for the application, seems like the black cap that goes over the reservoir nipple that connects to the line supposed to provide some support. probably could seep a bit over time but wont leak profusely with the current design. Best? don't think so. Enough to do the job? I guess so.
Untitled.jpg

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Issue is not the pressure. It is the O-ring that is sealing the line can get cocked without proper support (either double o-ring or something structurally supporting it).

for the application, seems like the black cap that goes over the reservoir nipple that connects to the line supposed to provide some support. probably could seep a bit over time but wont leak profusely with the current design. Best? don't think so. Enough to do the job? I guess so.
In this case a double o-ring might cause a gap on top of one and bottom of the other. :thumbsup:
Sponsored