sk47

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
This state just passed a first-of-its-kind ban on throwing out old clothes: ‘This is a massive environmental victory’ (msn.com)

Hello; Not clear to me if the state has places to recycle old clothes. Such would seem a needed part of a recycle plan. I take used oil, metal, cardboard and some plastic to a local center, but there are no textile bins.

Personally I wear out clothing before cutting it up to use as rags. Cotton rags are best when working around cars and such. Some of the plastic based clothing not much good as a rag.

Hope this does not turn out like plastic recycling has so far. The story seems to be that recycling plastics is not real. I see too many stories about how when we put plastics in a separate bin that it winds up in the landfills anyway.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
OP
OP
sk47

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Hello; Watched a late night TV comedy show. They had a part about chat GTP. I looked it up and find it is some sort of computer program we can talk/write to and it is supposed to answer on it's own. I have not tried it but some of the people on the TV show got responses.

Guess the take is it is programed to be woke or some such. The answer that got me chuckling was after it was asked if it would use a racial epitaph if such would prevent a nuclear war. The AI apparently said it would not. So in it's programed "mind" a nuclear war is less important than using bad language.
Maybe i do not see the value of an "intelligence" already programed with built in bias.

Sponsored

OP
OP
sk47

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Since the cars were on private property the cops ticketed them?

Not buying that part. The norm these days is for cops to say it's a civil matter; take them to court.
Hello; Your comment makes sense. I just do not know more than what is in the story.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Hello; Watched a late night TV comedy show. They had a part about chat GTP. I looked it up and find it is some sort of computer program we can talk/write to and it is supposed to answer on it's own. I have not tried it but some of the people on the TV show got responses.

Guess the take is it is programed to be woke or some such. The answer that got me chuckling was after it was asked if it would use a racial epitaph if such would prevent a nuclear war. The AI apparently said it would not. So in it's programed "mind" a nuclear war is less important than using bad language.
Maybe i do not see the value of an "intelligence" already programed with built in bias.

Gotta love: "maybe my grandfather wasn't a racist, he was just saving lives."

Of course, everything in the segment was "reportedly", or 3rd party. And like everything on any of the "news" networks, NEVER risk debunking what feels good to say.

Never miss an episode of Gutfeld but mostly for the updates on GazoombaGate, the story about a male shop teacher accused of being transphobic who retaliated with .... hold my beer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sk47

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)

Gotta love: "maybe my grandfather wasn't a racist, he was just saving lives."

Of course, everything in the segment was "reportedly", or 3rd party. And like everything on any of the "news" networks, NEVER risk debunking what feels good to say.

Never miss an episode of Gutfeld but mostly for the updates on GazoombaGate, the story about a male shop teacher accused of being transphobic who retaliated with .... hold my beer.

Hello; Yes theshop teacher is a recurring theme.

OP
OP
sk47

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Future Fords Could Repossess Themselves and Drive Away if You Miss Payments (msn.com)
Hello; Gotta love this idea??? No not really. I heard years ago of a car calling the police after a driver left the scene of a hit and run. Cops found the driver at home and the wrecked car in the garage.

Guess not all modern tech will be on the car owners side. Will the cars start to report reckless driving or speeding? I already figure self driving cars will have to be programed to drive at speed limits.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Good one, makes me think back about this nonsense that folks post about. The oil becoming contaminated, breaking down sitting over the winter months.

Common sense is really, really lost on some cough car guys.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sk47

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Tarantula Hawk Wasp Claims Its Prey | Watch (msn.com)

Hello; Last summer had one of these tarantula hawk wasps around my house. Spotted a fat spider lying on the sidewalk behind the house one day. Soon the hawk wasp came to pull its prize into one of the vent holes in my house's brick wall. Clearly the spider was smaller than in the video above.
So for some time since late last summer a paralyzed spider has been being eaten alive from the inside by a hawk wasp larvae. Bet i will have more of them around this year.

My hawk wasp had black wings so was solid shinny black. Looked it up and find they have a really bad sting.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Tarantula Hawk Wasp Claims Its Prey | Watch (msn.com)

Hello; Last summer had one of these tarantula hawk wasps around my house. Spotted a fat spider lying on the sidewalk behind the house one day. Soon the hawk wasp came to pull its prize into one of the vent holes in my house's brick wall. Clearly the spider was smaller than in the video above.
So for some time since late last summer a paralyzed spider has been being eaten alive from the inside by a hawk wasp larvae. Bet i will have more of them around this year.

My hawk wasp had black wings so was solid shinny black. Looked it up and find they have a really bad sting.
We have a Hawk, won’t fit in a home vent hole.
DSCN3332.JPG

Desert ........ friends?

DSCN3331.JPG

Friends

OP
OP
sk47

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Hello; Watching news just now. Seems those with good credit are to have more cost and fees added to a mortgage and those with poor credit are get some sorts of breaks on the same sorts of fees.
Not clear what the catch phrase term is yet. Does not make sense to me at first hearing. Need more details. Is this some sort of take from those who have been careful and have good credit so as to give to those who have not been careful in their financial dealings?
Always thought there is a reason behind good or bad credit.
Sponsored