Sponsored

Underseal at Zeebrugge.

lennyb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 5.0 GT DIB due sometime soon hopefully!
I collected my car from having its under seal done via warranty yesterday.

It was done in Warrington at the same Ford dealership as [MENTION=24591]angry343[/MENTION]

The issue with the stickiness has been that the TSB (there is definitely one) was advising for the underseal to be applied all in one go, this was far too thick and thus wasn't curing. After having experienced this with Angrys car, Ford in Warrington resolved this by instead making three applications at lesser thickness.

I took mine in on Monday afternoon and collected it Wednesday. Its fine & I'm pleased with the work. They let me inspect it and addressed a couple of very slightly missed patches whilst I waited.

My advice is make the body shop aware of the issue and ensure they apply it multiple times at lesser thickness, rather than all in one go. Tell them to contact Warrington for advice even.

Also, its deffo a TSB, so if your dealer are refusing insist that they inspect it on a ramp with you present. There's no denying it then. I did have to insist on them doing this, but they freely and openly admitted the issue when they inspected it.

Pics below:

IMG_6652.jpg

IMG_6653.jpg

IMG_6655.jpg

Hope this helps with everyone's decision making. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

twold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 mustang fastback
Was it painted on or sprayed on ?,my dealer suggests they could only paint it on.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Much better :D! I'll avoid telling my guy's about the TSB and just get them to do it normally. Should get it agreed soon... Ford called me and no files sent through lol!
[MENTION=24171]twold[/MENTION] it's sprayed on, they're supplied with cans of the stuff.

lennyb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 5.0 GT DIB due sometime soon hopefully!
Was it painted on or sprayed on ?,my dealer suggests they could only paint it on.
It looked to me like they sprayed it on?

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
[MENTION=16198]McDoodle[/MENTION]. Sorry it's taken so long, I don't have access to ramp so had to do some crawling :D
Excellent pictures. Many thanks sir - hopefully it didn't force you to get too up close and personal with the build quality :thumbsup:

That looks like a half-decent job and so does the job [MENTION=23423]lennyb[/MENTION] had done in Warrington. Maybe Ford are finally getting on top of how to apply it properly. To me the sticky, thick goo clearly isn't right and Ford know it - otherwise they wouldn't have gone to all the trouble they did with [MENTION=12268]mkforks[/MENTION] car.

Still not sure where my nearest bodyshop is but I'd prefer to take it to one that's actually already done a Mustang, and done it properly - so it looks like Warrington or Gloucester at the moment!

Thanks again for the photos, much appreciated.

Sponsored

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
Hi I've been reading through this thread and will certainly be checking my car when it arrives

The Mustangs I understand are lacking proper underseal but are they waxoyled? Does this need to be done as well?

tooley

My Little Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
Well yours doesn't look gooey and sticky :thumbsup:.

I'm expecting a call today, I sent off 30 pictures of under my car to the bodyshop yesterday, ford will call me with an approval hopefully later. :lol:.

Then time to book the beast in and get this shit show done with!
No, it's fully cured and looks good in my opinion. Am happy enough anyhow :D

Good luck with yours!

tooley

My Little Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
Well yours doesn't look gooey and sticky :thumbsup:.

I'm expecting a call today, I sent off 30 pictures of under my car to the bodyshop yesterday, ford will call me with an approval hopefully later. :lol:.

Then time to book the beast in and get this shit show done with!
Excellent pictures. Many thanks sir - hopefully it didn't force you to get too up close and personal with the build quality :thumbsup:

That looks like a half-decent job and so does the job [MENTION=23423]lennyb[/MENTION] had done in Warrington. Maybe Ford are finally getting on top of how to apply it properly. To me the sticky, thick goo clearly isn't right and Ford know it - otherwise they wouldn't have gone to all the trouble they did with [MENTION=12268]mkforks[/MENTION] car.

Still not sure where my nearest bodyshop is but I'd prefer to take it to one that's actually already done a Mustang, and done it properly - so it looks like Warrington or Gloucester at the moment!

Thanks again for the photos, much appreciated.
No problem !

I'm happy with the result - Bristol street did a good job

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
I collected my car from having its under seal done via warranty yesterday.

It was done in Warrington at the same Ford dealership as [MENTION=24591]angry343[/MENTION]

The issue with the stickiness has been that the TSB (there is definitely one) was advising for the underseal to be applied all in one go, this was far too thick and thus wasn't curing. After having experienced this with Angrys car, Ford in Warrington resolved this by instead making three applications at lesser thickness.

I took mine in on Monday afternoon and collected it Wednesday. Its fine & I'm pleased with the work. They let me inspect it and addressed a couple of very slightly missed patches whilst I waited.

My advice is make the body shop aware of the issue and ensure they apply it multiple times at lesser thickness, rather than all in one go. Tell them to contact Warrington for advice even.

Also, its deffo a TSB, so if your dealer are refusing insist that they inspect it on a ramp with you present. There's no denying it then. I did have to insist on them doing this, but they freely and openly admitted the issue when they inspected it.

Hope this helps with everyone's decision making. :thumbsup:
Thanks for the photos and information - really helpful. On the basis that it's easier for me to get a train to Warrington than Gloucester I may well try to book mine in there. Cheers ....

V8nag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Does anyone know if they have sorted out the problem now with the undersealing or whether cars that have been arriving in the last month or so are still prone to the problem

Sponsored

mkforks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang v8 r/h/d to come
underseal

Does anyone know if they have sorted out the problem now with the undersealing or whether cars that have been arriving in the last month or so are still prone to the problem
the underseal thread seems to have died a death
is everyone now happy :) ??? or just given up ...:headbonk::headbonk:
manders ,,, what happened to yours in the end ??

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Mine is being assessed on Friday!

Belly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT Auto, July build, Sept Arrival

And also did yours ever dry? Mine arrives in 6 weeks or so at the same dealer. Will they be able to sort it?! Cheers

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I'm still waiting for warranty to approve; they have 33 pictures that were sent directly to them and I have confirmation of their receipt.

It's been progressing whilst I was on Holiday; had 4 missed called with voicemails to keep me updated whilst I was out. I sent an email that I was back and should be getting another call end of this week.

If unconfirmed yet; i'll complain again about how long it's taking.

I've requested my boot realignment and underseal. Boot should be a piece of piss; but rather they did it - underseal well... it's underseal :lol: