WOLFMAN

wolfman
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stewart
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang fast back 5.0 V8
Question to the forum members who have just had there Mustangs delivered. How good is the underseal quality has there been any improvement from previous comments. :shrug:
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Will check for you tomorrow :)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=21573]twiggy[/MENTION] will try I'll be lying on the floor unless wrap guy has a ramp I can take it up!

Sponsored

C11EWM

Mustang GT Ordered
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 1Series
It's very simple to remove most of the underseal. Just swapped the exhaust from the cat back and like magic very little left on car. :lol:

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Saw mine up on the ramp yesterday and they have missed so much with the underseal, the drivers side pretty much had nothing!! I will be mentioning this to the dealer when I next pop in because there is no protection on some of the parts and I am not paying out for it myself when it should have be done properly.

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V8 Manual Fastback, DIB
Question to the forum members who have just had there Mustangs delivered. How good is the underseal quality has there been any improvement from previous comments. :shrug:
Mine was a Jan build - underseal is shockingly poor and is all over the wheels, springs, dampers etc.

Personally I would have opted to not have it had I the choice. It's a right mess under there :(

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
As promised:

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
If someone who knows what they're looking at could give a summary of Mander's pics it would be appreciated. I see overspray, body coloured paint and a mysteriously clean-ish white label...

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
Saw mine up on the ramp yesterday and they have missed so much with the underseal, the drivers side pretty much had nothing!! I will be mentioning this to the dealer when I next pop in because there is no protection on some of the parts and I am not paying out for it myself when it should have be done properly.
Let us know how you get on (or if anybody else has any joy with the dealer). I mentioned it and basically just got a 'it is what it is' response and had to shuffle off feeling like I'd been 'dry bummed' again.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah to be honest i have no idea what I was looking for, I just took a few pics from under the rear...

twiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
The areas that need the stonechip underseal are the body section undersides, these will be prone to stonechips like the ones we all moan about on the front of the cars bonnet, once you have a chip down to metal then you'll have a future rust area.

twiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
So if you see any body coloured painted areas under your car these are the parts that need doing, same if you see any primer paint parts which are usually cream in colour.
Sponsored