Sponsored

UK Insurance for the Mustang

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
At 52, A Plan would not insure me on a 2011 Mustang and Adrian Flux wanted 1300. Clean everything but London based. Adrian charged me 500 TPFT for my Mercury 4.6 V8. I was also paying 300 for my ancient e36 2.5.

Hit 53 and my BMW dropped to 150 and the low quotes were coming in for the S550.

Moved a tiny bit out of London and the BMW went down 20 quid, my Vespa stayed the same and the newly arrived Mustang is 300 FC.

Manders, I was expecting 1000 odd for the Mustang so your quotes sound good for your age fella.
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
At 52, A Plan would not insure me on a 2011 Mustang and Adrian Flux wanted 1300. Clean everything but London based. Adrian charged me 500 TPFT for my Mercury 4.6 V8. I was also paying 300 for my ancient e36 2.5.

Hit 53 and my BMW dropped to 150 and the low quotes were coming in for the S550.

Moved a tiny bit out of London and the BMW went down 20 quid, my Vespa stayed the same and the newly arrived Mustang is 300 FC.

Manders, I was expecting 1000 odd for the Mustang so your quotes sound good for your age fella.
Yeah I'm well happy with 700 to be honest. I factored in 1000-1300 before I bought as an estimate. It is an ecoboost but I'll take it over the 3300 for a v8.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

RyStang72

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uptownimaging.com
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Cuz i was told so, by 3 or 4 different wrap companies
[MENTION=20439]Jimboy2[/MENTION] no i don't as it's a temporary change and not permanent it'll be a vinyl adhesive wrap. It's reversable so it's not needing to be told to the DVLA, this was confirmed by adrian flux, DL and the guy who refered me to 'tiger' on the phone today. The car will still be Race Red, and if things continue like this, i wont even be wrapping the fking car :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
DVLA do not need notifying when you wrap a vehicle.

Insurance does need notifying.

Police have ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition) as standard in a number of vehicles, this will show your original colour obviously, you may get pulled out of curiosity in a wrapped Mustang being a young driver!
The ANPR will show if you have tax/MOT/Insurance, Police will not be bothered whether your wrap has been declared or not...just as long as you have insurance.
Police do not need any other reason to ""tug" you other than to check your documents.
A ricer of a wrapped car with a spotty teenager driver and 3 pax on board at night will cause the Police to become a tad nosey.
Your Mustang will be one they simply want to check out for their own personal reasons!!

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
The DVLA DO need notifying. And the police can seize and destroy your car if you car is not insured/void/mods not declared

Stolen from another website

The DVLA have put out the following statement: ‘The register maintained by the driver and vehicle-licensing agency (DVLA) essentially exists to assist in revenue collection, road safety and law enforcement. The Police and other enforcement agencies rely on the DVLA record for all vehicles-related investigations. It is therefore paramount that the information stored on the vehicle register matches the vehicle and is accurate and up to date.’

Brilliant, in addition to exhibition and large format display graphics work, has designed many brilliant looking vehicle wraps over the years, so this is an important change for us. Not just from an advice point of view, but helping our clients stay on the right side of the law. So we are recommending any owner of a vehicle that has had a full colour change, or who has invested in printing a branded wrap, that they should inform the DVLA by completing the correct paperwork. Partial wraps and digital printed wraps do not appear to be affected.

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The DVLA DO need notifying. And the police can seize and destroy your car if you car is not insured/void/mods not declared
Yup. If you change the entire colour of the vehicle, even if it's a wrap and not paint, it MUST be re-registered with the DVLA with its new colour and a new V5 sent out to you.

Sponsored

RyStang72

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uptownimaging.com
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

Stolen from another website

The DVLA have put out the following statement: ‘The register maintained by the driver and vehicle-licensing agency (DVLA) essentially exists to assist in revenue collection, road safety and law enforcement. The Police and other enforcement agencies rely on the DVLA record for all vehicles-related investigations. It is therefore paramount that the information stored on the vehicle register matches the vehicle and is accurate and up to date.’

Brilliant, in addition to exhibition and large format display graphics work, has designed many brilliant looking vehicle wraps over the years, so this is an important change for us. Not just from an advice point of view, but helping our clients stay on the right side of the law. So we are recommending any owner of a vehicle that has had a full colour change, or who has invested in printing a branded wrap, that they should inform the DVLA by completing the correct paperwork. Partial wraps and digital printed wraps do not appear to be affected.

Yep just found that 2014 change - my bad...

That info certainly hasn't filtered down to my Traffic Cop friend :headbonk:

Shanraf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
I'm looking at £1200 (23, 2yr NCB, 6k Miles Per year, residential parking)

Last edited:

new23d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Fastback V8 Manual, Race Red
Yeah I'm well happy with 700 to be honest. I factored in 1000-1300 before I bought as an estimate. It is an ecoboost but I'll take it over the 3300 for a v8.

Manders, did you not try DirectLine?

I'm taking delivery of a GT in the coming days and having followed this forum, thought would ring up DirectLine straight.

I'm 32, no NCD, foreign, held licence for just over a year. Did get crazy high quotes year ago at the time of booking from comparison websites - in the range of £3000+.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Manders, did you not try DirectLine?

I'm taking delivery of a GT in the coming days and having followed this forum, thought would ring up DirectLine straight.

I'm 32, no NCD, foreign, held licence for just over a year. Did get crazy high quotes year ago at the time of booking from comparison websites - in the range of £3000+.
I'm buying an ecoboost. No reason to do v8 quotes other than to check.

Ecoboost will be Insured on direct line for 755.25. Cheapest I found..compare the market threw out a few 775's. Will weigh up if the cinema tickets and meerkat is worth an extra 20 quid to me lol.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
What would be a part wrap? I thought I heard 75% of panels changed needs to be declared to DVLA but there is no mention of this.
It's majority wrap has to be disclosed as a colour change. I think that's over 50.01%.

I'll be wrapping <10% so doesn't need to be disclosed to DVLA but will to insurance.

Every insurance company hiked the insurance way up when I mentioned a full vehicle wrap.

Norman Bloke

I'm watching you
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold
I just plugged in the 550 V8 details into a comparison website and the cheapest quote was £238. So there are some benefits to being over 60.

It's obviously an old duffers car....

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
I just plugged in the 550 V8 details into a comparison website and the cheapest quote was £238. So there are some benefits to being over 60.

It's obviously an old duffers car....
It certainly is. Direct Line just over £200 with protected NCD for me. If I'd had another DL product it comes down to £160 odd. At last a reason to be old :)

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I think part of the reason it's so cheap is because (and I discovered this when I range my insurer) the Mustang is officially listed as a Saloon car.

Saloon cars always score low on insurance compared to a Coupè

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I think part of the reason it's so cheap is because (and I discovered this when I range my insurer) the Mustang is officially listed as a Saloon car.

Saloon cars always score low on insurance compared to a Coupè

And do we care what a bunch of scammers call it....... no because that's vital mod money :headbang::headbang::headbang:
Sponsored