UK Insurance for the Mustang

Holf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Euro-spec Ecoboost Convertible
Admiral have both the GT and the EB with manual and auto options on it now. My first attempt gave me a premium of £390 for fully comp.

Hmmm £500 for me (fully comp, 9 years no claims, £100 voluntary excess) it's okay, but certainly want to see a few more quotes....

Ecoboost, 10k miles, parked on driveway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Went to the site, entered my name address and date of birth and it said it couldn't give me a quote online!! Had this due to modifications in the past but I guess I now have a high-risk name... :tsk:

Maybe the site is down. Will try again later.

Zerocool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting 2016 Mustang
Admiral showing me just shy of £700 for ecoboost.

Closer to what I expected.

Holf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Euro-spec Ecoboost Convertible
Be good to have some advice from you guys re: modifications and insurance. I've not modded a car before but will be with this one, starting small (eg tinting / swapping tail lights, maybe changing tri bar LEDs at the front, maybe front parking sensors etc) and potentially moving onto exhaust, catch cans etc.
Do you guys have preferred insurers for such mods, and do they change the cost of your insurance at all?

Appreciate any insight here from you guys :)

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Always best to declare mods, insurance will rise but not significantly. Around £50/year for an exhaust, although some insurers will not charge if there's no power gains/increase.

It'll ramp up a bit if you move onto remaps or heavy suspension mods.

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Admiral seems happier with my wife - the irony - however i'm still not sure that's the right GT. Lists as 5000cc 2013 -

EcoBoost looks believable though.

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
As other's have said, the new Mustang is not on any website yet since they've technically not been properly tested or even built yet. Any euro spec cars that do exist are all LHD and that'll skew the results.

For a rough guideline, get a quote on a Jaguar F-Type R, that's a 5.0L V8, RWD and comes with a stick. I got £750 with £500 excess at the age of 26 and no mods. The Mustang will either be the same or lower.

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yeah, it'll mean the mustang is cheaper. :p

Insurance looks at the cars capabilities more than it's value. I did a quote for a Gen5 Camaro too, and ended up with the same amount.

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
I got a quote from my fleet insurance. Bear in mind we insure 23 vehicles including 14 vans and cars ranging from a Saab convertible and c class mercs. They came back with £680 and then later on, called back saying sorry that's wrong, it will be £1400. I told them to get stuffed and for this and other reasons, I will be looking elsewhere for the fleet t renewal!
I am 50 next year with no claims history and one SP30 and asked for the cover to be restricted to the three directors.
That's Axa btw. If anyone knows of a good fleet alternative, PM me.

Sponsored

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I think they are going to sting us with this, I've put aside about a grand for it but it could be more!

OP
OP
Stark

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
I think they are going to sting us with this, I've put aside about a grand for it but it could be more!
I hope they compete and one of them comes up with great prices for us to say yes to :). Admiral are looking like they are going the right direction as I was happy with my quote for the GT £753 with the extras I chose to add on.

new23d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Fastback V8 Manual, Race Red
I'm getting £3000+ quotes! Been in the UK since September 2010, live in the E14 post code (London, Tower Hamlets), and have held a full UK licence since June 2014. No NCB (this'll be my first car here.)

Do things like IAM, PP, etc help? IAM's website appear to have an IAM Surety insurance as well for members offering an unspecified discount. Perhaps I'll pay monthly until my licence's 2 years are complete, I have a car from Nov '15 onwards hopefully, and have gained an IAM qualification. Then hunt for a better annual quote again!

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone had a quote that insisted a tracker had to be fitted?

Zerocool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting 2016 Mustang
Has anyone had a quote that insisted a tracker had to be fitted?

No but it's something I'm seriously considering anyway. They aren't that expensive and you can have one you can track yourself instead of police tracking with a fee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored