OP

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Ugh. Well, it doesn't matter much anymore. The car is totaled. A tree fell and bounced off my quarter panel, smashing it. At first the body shop said they'd be able to fix it and I set it up to have the hood re-painted to fix this problem at the same time. But then I got a call from Insurance 5 days later saying its over the 75% threshold now because they discovered they would have to cut the roof off and the whole pillar down to the base of the windshield. So I'm getting a check and the rest probably to a junk yard.

I am shopping for a new one now, and not a Ford. I'm not happy with the quality.

The last week for me has really sucked.
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Ugh. Well, it doesn't matter much anymore. The car is totaled. A tree fell and bounced off my quarter panel, smashing it. At first the body shop said they'd be able to fix it and I set it up to have the hood re-painted to fix this problem at the same time. But then I got a call from Insurance 5 days later saying its over the 75% threshold now because they discovered they would have to cut the roof off and the whole pillar down to the base of the windshield. So I'm getting a check and the rest probably to a junk yard.

I am shopping for a new one now, and not a Ford. I'm not happy with the quality.

That's one way to solve it.

OP
OP

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Glad you're safe when it happened, it amazes me how these cars can easily be totaled.
I wasn't even in the car when it happened. We had a bad storm one night. If the tree would have been like 6-8 inches further aft then the damage would have been less & repair within the 75% budget.

clicklogical

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible Performance Pack

Don't give up on the Ponies. Every car has issues. I worked for a Ferrari dealer for 2 years around 2000-2002 and almost every one that came in had defective power window motors. Without fail, we would be taking apart interiors of brand new never driven Ferrari's. :shrug:

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Mine was in an accident a few weeks back and while it was in there, the bubbles got taken care of. I am investigating getting some magnesium in there to be the sacrificial anode.

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
just noticed this on mine today... pretty disappointing considering its a florida car and lives in a parking garage
Sponsored