Twin Turbo

Pooship

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, 2019 EcoBoost
Hi all! I was recently lucky enough to get my hands on a 2018 GT and while the 460 has been fun over the past few months... I WANT MORE! I was looking at the hellion sleeper twin turbo kit and honestly I haven't had much experience with boost or performance numbers as big as this kit claims so I'm wondering what else would I need to upgrade in addition to the twin turbo kit?
Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
I'd have to agree with Jackson's advice above. I love my twins but I spent the first few months after install tweaking, adjusting and working on getting things just right. Not a big deal if you know how to do things yourself but not ideal for a novice. There are easier options for getting into forced induction. What are your goals with the car? Starting there would help people give you specific advice to your situation.

Sandro6454

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 401A
If I were you I would go with a blower possible something simple turbo is cool and all but blower is easier to work on and deal with also less maintenance

Sponsored

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
The Hellion is seriously impressive. I love the underbody setup. But the plumbing is a bit much for me.

Not good for a daily driver in my neck of the woods. Intake filters at street level.

I like centrifugals myself. I won't be looking for more than 700rhp.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
The Hellion is seriously impressive. I love the underbody setup. But the plumbing is a bit much for me.

Not good for a daily driver in my neck of the woods. Intake filters at street level.

I like centrifugals myself. I won't be looking for more than 700rhp.
For 700whp you can use any kit on the market and hit that easy. I would not worry about turbo unless you are looking to have some big power available. Procharger/vortech/ess will get you where you want to be and more

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
You'd actually be surprised. The little couplers bend and tuck them up by the engine nicely. I put 17k miles on my kit in the last year and I pulled the filters off to clean them up and they still look great. Even after driving through our monsoons all summer. They are a pain in the ass to remove and reinstall though.

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hi all! I was recently lucky enough to get my hands on a 2018 GT and while the 460 has been fun over the past few months... I WANT MORE! I was looking at the hellion sleeper twin turbo kit and honestly I haven't had much experience with boost or performance numbers as big as this kit claims so I'm wondering what else would I need to upgrade in addition to the twin turbo kit?

Thank you for interest in our system! Please let us know if we can answer any questions!

Team Hellion

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You'd actually be surprised. The little couplers bend and tuck them up by the engine nicely. I put 17k miles on my kit in the last year and I pulled the filters off to clean them up and they still look great. Even after driving through our monsoons all summer. They are a pain in the ass to remove and reinstall though.
Too much high water where we live. Arizona is a good place for it.

I also have concerns about reduced ground clearance, especially on a lowered car..

I do like their systems though.

Sponsored

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS

I also have concerns about reduced ground clearance, especially on a lowered car..

You'd basically have to be in water up to the engine block in order to suck water into the turbos. I do understand your concern about running it on a lowered car though. I keep mine at stock ride height.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You'd basically have to be in water up to the engine block I order to suck water into the turbos. I do understand your concern about running it on a lowered car though. I keep mine at stock ride height.
We get it even higher. Our puddles get that high. Of course I avoid if at all possible.. On a Mustang you are safe till the water hits bumper height. The fresh air intake is just above it.

Just a Houston reality.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)

We had the most rainy days in over a century this last summer. I was worried a few times but the filters tuck up nicely.

Stock height clearance is great but I wouldn't trust it lowered either.

OP
OP

Pooship

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, 2019 EcoBoost
Thank you for interest in our system! Please let us know if we can answer any questions!

Team Hellion
Hi! Mostly just wondering what internals I'll need to upgrade in order to run the kit, I will most likely have professional help with install/tuning

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Hi! Mostly just wondering what internals I'll need to upgrade in order to run the kit, I will most likely have professional help with install/tuning
stock
Sponsored